Sony Hacked Again

Just saw this tweet from Giant Bomb's news editor:

If you or someone you know had their Xbox Live account compromised recently, please email me with details: [email protected]

Yesterday Deep Silver's lead PR person was tweeting she'd been hacked, and I think all the commotion about recent hacking is starting to draw some attention.

Actually, Sony deserves credit for detecting what was happening, taking measures to prevent it, protect compromised accounts and notifying the public.

Xbox Live hacks, are the other hand, have reached epidemic levels and MS is pretending nothing is wrong. It can take a month to get your account restored, and if the hackers change your region MS will tell you you're shit out of luck. It is happening like crazy. I've had my own account compromised, and the only reason I didn't have any fraudulent charges was because my attached credit card didn't have an available balance at the time.

So, we have on the one side the PSN breach that resulted in no fraud, and on the other hand hundreds, if not thousands of people every day having money disappear from their accounts while hackers use your gamertag to play Xbox Live games on their modded systems. Seems like MS is the one with the real security problem right now.

How much is Sony paying you to post this garbage?

How much is Sony paying you to post this garbage?

It is not garbage, xbox IS having hacking issues. I did the math for fun, comes out to 40% of the people I know account's have been hacked. All with points being charged. It doesn't make sense these would be random.

I'm keeping my account locked out cause I don't use my xbox anymore, but that may not be the case for others.

Funny I just called my CC company and just had them watch my account. And just many many people...nothing happened. There are worst things in my adult life to worry about than something that may never happen.

I'd rather just shitcan the card, zero chance it could be used.

so "sony wasn't hacked again" and accounts were tried with logins from other sites (because stupid people use the same password for everything) just like what happened to xbox live months ago?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/17/report-lulzsec-hacking-group-releases-xbox-live-facebook-login/

sensationalism :(

Not exactly the pinnacle of journalistic integrity around here. The hardware reviews are sound and generally unbiased, but the news bits are often silly with headlines that are sensationalist, blurbs that put the story in the wrong context, and a reader base that absolutely refuses to actually read anything but the posted headline and blurb because they are braindead imbeciles.

Not exactly the pinnacle of journalistic integrity around here. The hardware reviews are sound and generally unbiased, but the news bits are often silly with headlines that are sensationalist, blurbs that put the story in the wrong context, and a reader base that absolutely refuses to actually read anything but the posted headline and blurb because they are braindead imbeciles.

I hate Sony because of all of their junk back in the late 80's and early 90's I stopped buying their products long before the Playstation even came out, but I hate misinformation even more. And using this incident that happens to lots of companies every day to blast Sony... yeah this is just insane and wrong.

Why oh why do people use regular CC numbers on a online service that is so easily compromised or at the very least a huge target (I'm looking at you too XBL). Disposable CC's and separate login/passwords across accounts: It's really not that hard. Really.

I cackle with glee every time something like this comes around. I understand that it sucks to have your account hacked and all but now it when my friends start to shake their heads at me for being "too paranoid" for taking a few extra security steps, I can shake my head right back at 'em.

I hate Sony because of all of their junk back in the late 80's and early 90's I stopped buying their products long before the Playstation even came out, but I hate misinformation even more. And using this incident that happens to lots of companies every day to blast Sony... yeah this is just insane and wrong.

Door is to your left.
<-----------------

Back