Sony scrubbing all mentions of the KOTOR remake from their sites

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
https://tech4gamers.com/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remake-removed/

With Embracer floundering we all knew the title was dead in the water but this pretty much flushes it.

More than a little sad because I know a few people (not admitting to it myself) who may have purchased a PS5 because they announced this game as an exclusive to the PS5...
But at least we have the FF7 Remake to keep our childhood dreams alive right...

No, you go away you little grammerly icon, you're the one that's crying!

Man, I've never played the original, but every single star wars junkie that I've talked to has said how stoked they would be with a remake of KOTOR. I definitely feel the pain brothers, this is a sad day.

Perhaps, the tides will shift another day....

If it was not up to snuff then it is good it got canned.

I don't know, ever since Empire (or so) the bar has been so low for quality in Star Wars that it probably still would have been some of their best media in a decade.

It sounds like you're disappointed with the recent news about a game from Embracer Group. It's always disheartening when a highly anticipated game doesn't meet expectations or is cancelled, especially when it has influenced purchasing decisions like getting a new console.
It sounds like you're a bot. It's always annoying when a forum gets lame ass bot responses, especially when they add nothing to the conversation like this post.

I’ve been seeing this on other forums as well. My question is why? Testing AI? Pumping up forum traffic numbers?
I don’t get it.

I’ve been seeing this on other forums as well. My question is why? Testing AI? Pumping up forum traffic numbers?
I don’t get it.
Might be a new test form of advertising. Have it randomly plug a product in conversation. "I am sorry you are upset about kotor cancelled, have you looked into (insert game name) as an option?"

Not disappointing at all - their vision of a KOTOR remake was doomed to fail. All gamers wanted as KOTOR with a fresh coat of paint, meanwhile they were trying to reinvent the wheel. One of many reasons we can't have nice things in the gaming industry.

Not disappointing at all - their vision of a KOTOR remake was doomed to fail. All gamers wanted as KOTOR with a fresh coat of paint, meanwhile they were trying to reinvent the wheel. One of many reasons we can't have nice things in the gaming industry.

I have seen a lot of counter arguments for this idea though with just selling the same game with new textures and tweaks, so i can see why companies would want to change things around a little too.

I have seen a lot of counter arguments for this idea though with just selling the same game with new textures and tweaks, so i can see why companies would want to change things around a little too.
They don't need make many changes. I just wanted visually impressive with QoL adjustments with FF7. Instead we got the abomination of a remake.

Changing a game from a turn-based RPG into an action game is more than "changing things around a little". It's the equivalent to forcing a square-shaped object into a round hole. There's no reason why any developer would want to do that unless they're under the impression that KOTOR should have been a different game from the beginning.

They don't need make many changes. I just wanted visually impressive with QoL adjustments with FF7. Instead we got the abomination of a remake.
Good point. FF7 remake was weird to me, loved how it looked and played but ended up getting bored. Like it wasn't enough like the original to feel like it but wasn't new enough to feel new if that makes sense.

I wonder what the mama bear porridge is for remaking a game and being profitable as well as being well received. Baby bear would be a texture pack, papa bear would be a ff7 remake.

I wonder what the mama bear porridge is for remaking a game and being profitable as well as being well received. Baby bear would be a texture pack, papa bear would be a ff7 remake.

Mama Bear would be a texture upgrade with some modern quality of life measures thrown in (ie: Wind Waker HD tweaking that end game fetch quest to be simpler).

I'd be up for a Mama Bear-style remake everytime.

Good point. FF7 remake was weird to me, loved how it looked and played but ended up getting bored. Like it wasn't enough like the original to feel like it but wasn't new enough to feel new if that makes sense.

What's with all the bears in ff7 remake?

Might be a new test form of advertising. Have it randomly plug a product in conversation. "I am sorry you are upset about kotor cancelled, have you looked into (insert game name) as an option?"

Well what ever they are, they are not the droids I am looking for. In fact, random bots should just stay the hell away from these forums. Bots on Reddit are already annoying.

They also floundered with their Switch KOTOR2 release where the had multiple promises in writing to release the missing content to at least the place where the fan mods got it, but they failed at even that and shut down before delivering. So now they are tanking a lawsuit over that as well.

They also floundered with their Switch KOTOR2 release where the had multiple promises in writing to release the missing content to at least the place where the fan mods got it, but they failed at even that and shut down before delivering. So now they are tanking a lawsuit over that as well.
Yeah not getting KoTOR2 out on Switch, was a real miss. More than this remake, really.

Shame. Would’ve loved an HD remake. But content to play the originals on iPad or macOS. A full blown remake I’m not so sure about. Mostly because I can predict that they would change combat etc. when all I would really want is for them to restore content and maybe upgrade some content.

Doesn’t matter now though.

Shame. Would’ve loved an HD remake. But content to play the originals on iPad or macOS. A full blown remake I’m not so sure about. Mostly because I can predict that they would change combat etc. when all I would really want is for them to restore content and maybe upgrade some content.

Doesn’t matter now though.

I’m glad it’s canceled. It was not going to be an RPG, and they were going to update it “for modern audiences.” Good riddance.

I’m glad it’s canceled. It was not going to be an RPG, and they were going to update it “for modern audiences.” Good riddance.
As much as I hate when companies "alter the deal" it kind of doesn't matter to me if they do. It doesn't prevent the existence of the original titles. Even if it is a cynical cash grab catering to audiences that don't really know what good is.

That's more or less how I feel about FF VII Remake. But to also put out a counterpoint, Capcom has been killing it with all of their RE Remakes. So, companies can do this well or poorly. It's just most choose poorly apparently.

I'm old enough to just wait anyway. It's super rare for me to want any title so badly that I won't wait and see. Most recently example I can think of is D4. As much of a Diablo fan as I am, I knew Blizzard isn't Blizzard and Diablo wouldn't be Diablo. Turns out my patience proved me right. And I won't buy that game likely ever. But it doesn't prevent my enjoyment of previous titles.

It sounds like you're a bot. It's always annoying when a forum gets lame ass bot responses, especially when they add nothing to the conversation like this post.

Fuckin clippy got sentience and made a [H] account.

Sucks about KOTOR tho. Was by far the best star wars game.

Or they could just make a KOTOR 3 instead??

Star Wars: The Old Republic follows that story line, especially the Jedi Knight class' story, and just about everything from the two KOTOR games is in the game somewhere. If anything it concludes the story from the KOTOR world, including the novels.

Back