Sony Store / Playstation account confusion

Limp Gawd
Just picked up a PS3. Created a user account for myself and a sub-account for my daughter. My daughter can't play DC universe online so I told her to use my account, but every time I try to sign in (as opposed to logging in) to the store or DC universe the PS3 says " You can't sign in with someone else's account" or similar. What am I doing wrong ?

I don't think PSN has a concept of a sub-account. It's definitely odd because you have "users" on the PS3 and then an unrelated PSN account.

Does DC Universe have a separate account than PSN? You typically have to be signed into PSN/Store to sign in with your other services.

She may have to have her own PSN + DC account (if they are separate) and be signed into both.

Does DC Universe have a separate account than PSN? You typically have to be signed into PSN/Store to sign in with your other services.

She may have to have her own PSN + DC account (if they are separate) and be signed into both.

This

No need for a sub account she can get her own PSN account.

Can you create a PSN account tied an e-mail address that's already registered to another PSN account? I've been wanting to make my son his own account to play LBP with, but I don't want to create or us another e-mail address just for his account.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just ended up creating two new PSN accounts and faked her DOB so she could do whatever she wanted. It's a bit crap too because now if I buy a game online she will need to buy a second copy :(

She does not need to buy a second copy if you only have one console.

Back