Soon water and OC on a 3700+ need help/suggestions

R!P13y

Limp Gawd
First off is it worth water cooling a 3700+? It is going to be attached to a Abit Fatality board, and Corsair XPS PC-3200 LOW CAS, X850XT PE PCIE :D

2nd) what would be better for cooling or more worth the money? I dont want none of these it is not worth water cooling it and then you say nothing more.

3rd) OCing is a must, if you knew me then you what know why.... What is the best way to OC this bad boy and how high can it go too? Is there a better CPU to OC for around that same amount of money

Thanks again guys, See sig and you will know I am a noob for the most part about AMD but not at all on water cooling, that is my second kit and I have worked on many more

R!P13y said:
First off is it worth water cooling a 3700+? It is going to be attached to a Abit Fatality board, and Corsair XPS PC-3200 LOW CAS, X850XT PE PCIE :D

2nd) what would be better for cooling or more worth the money? I dont want none of these it is not worth water cooling it and then you say nothing more.

3rd) OCing is a must, if you knew me then you what know why.... What is the best way to OC this bad boy and how high can it go too? Is there a better CPU to OC for around that same amount of money

Thanks again guys, See sig and you will know I am a noob for the most part about AMD but not at all on water cooling, that is my second kit and I have worked on many more

If you wish to OC, then water cooling is the logical answer. The next question is how much do you want to spend and how far do you want to go with it? There are many forums here to give you specific answers to all your questions.
The reason I decided to go with H20 had to do with my NB.
I have(excuse me) I was an Intel guy until recently. I have been healed with AMD, what a very cool chip, runs cool and smokes Intel, at least the FX-55 does.
The great thing about H20 cooling is that you can re-use your cooling components if you choose wisely. But dont believe me, look up TopNurse and ask her.

Well as you can see i know alot about water cooling and I dont care about money it is not a issuse, but i am not going to go extreme, just something like my Super lanboy

It's worth it if you want a larger e-penis, cooler temps, and higher potential (key word potential) OCs.

No idea wtf youre asking.

Look at A64 OCing sticky.

As for what to get, you say in your sig that you have a TDX, so you could get another Lucite top for s939, and if the rest of your current loop is good, then you should be able to do nicely with just the new top for your TDX to fit it on your new mobo.

ikellensbro said:
It's worth it if you want a larger e-penis, cooler temps, and higher potential (key word potential) OCs.

No idea wtf youre asking.

Look at A64 OCing sticky.

As for what to get, you say in your sig that you have a TDX, so you could get another Lucite top for s939, and if the rest of your current loop is good, then you should be able to do nicely with just the new top for your TDX to fit it on your new mobo.

well no this is going to be a new system and it is going to be built for a friend not me, sorry but i love my Intel, would like to upgrade but no money anytime soon

new system all new parts

A nice Swiftec setup would cool nicely for a decent price. You could go more extreme and try to find a G4/G5 block made by Cathar (search the FS ads to see if anyone is parting with one). If looks are most important, AquaComputer makes the purdiest blocks on the market.

R1ckCa1n said:
A nice Swiftec setup would cool nicely for a decent price. You could go more extreme and try to find a G4/G5 block made by Cathar (search the FS ads to see if anyone is parting with one). If looks are most important, AquaComputer makes the purdiest blocks on the market.

for sure i will be buying a DD and will never buy anything else

Ok, I get you now R!P13y. Sample setup for 3700 & x850 (all DD):
TDX
Maze4 gpu low profile w/ ramsinks
BIX2 or BIP2/3 for quiet + fans
Laing D4 (DD D4, if you can stand the noise) or DDC
10 feet Clearflex 60/Tygon 3603
5 1/2 bay res
Pick your corrosion inhibitor/dye
Should be around $250 or so.

ikellensbro said:
Ok, I get you now R!P13y. Sample setup for 3700 & x850 (all DD):
TDX
Maze4 gpu low profile w/ ramsinks
BIX2 or BIP2/3 for quiet + fans
Laing D4 (DD D4, if you can stand the noise) or DDC
10 feet Clearflex 60/Tygon 3603
5 1/2 bay res
Pick your corrosion inhibitor/dye
Should be around $250 or so.

Oh yeah i know all that, but i just dont know much about AMD

I know what there is to know about water cooling and know what to get, I have had two systems now on it

Help me on the AMD part, what mobo what CPU? what RAM? thanks

Dude you're such a moron... everybody here is trying to help you... they give you ideas, they give you suggestions and you tell them "for sure i will be buying a DD and will never buy anything else" or "thanks for the unneeded help", cmon rickcain and top nurse are just trying to help... If you know so much about "water cooling" what are you doing in the wc forum??

And this isnt a forum to ask about a mobo or a cpu... read the hardocp reviews, there are A LOT of mobo reviews, go to the cpu forum and the mobo forums, you should get a great answer when you ask for cpu's and mobos... we're people who water cool here... we don't know about what mobo should do better on your friend AMD.

simon27 said:
Dude you're such a moron... everybody here is trying to help you... they give you ideas, they give you suggestions and you tell them "for sure i will be buying a DD and will never buy anything else" or "thanks for the unneeded help", cmon rickcain and top nurse are just trying to help... If you know so much about "water cooling" what are you doing in the wc forum??

And this isnt a forum to ask about a mobo or a cpu... read the hardocp reviews, there are A LOT of mobo reviews, go to the cpu forum and the mobo forums, you should get a great answer when you ask for cpu's and mobos... we're people who water cool here... we don't know about what mobo should do better on your friend AMD.

WOOWWWOWOW SORRY my god people blow your loads

Back