sound absorbing mats

DanSan

Limp Gawd
ive seen alot of people use them so i assume they work. does anyone have a special brand of shop they get theirs from? I dont see their being much different in them, but i could be wrong

yeh, i was thinking about the same too. i want some foam mats but i don't know which one to buy. some of them can be pretty darn expensive

If you want to save money, buy a foam mat that is ment for cars. It's almost same material but costs 10/m2. It's doesn't look as good as the mat for computers but it does the job.

Noiseblocker is good, but expensive

Use cheap sponge rubber foam that is sold as carpet padding. The really thin stuff that is just made to keep the rug from sliding around the floor, like they use under carpet runners. It works great.

fill your whole computer with spray foam, then cut hole for airflow. cost=2.59

Parts express has some decent quality stuff.

sound dampening foam
sound deadening stuff

Whatever you mat the inside of case with, I'd recommend blocks of Auralex foam to take up some volume in the inside.. the stuff is like a sound sponge. You can get it on ebay, or your local guitar world, sam goody, etc.

The best method is both sound deadening & sound dampening. Sound deadening pads are heavy, thin, dense bitumen pads, whilst sound dampening pads are light thick, light, foamy pads. Stick a sheet of sound deadening material (I used Panther brand stuff that is sold in garages for stopping vibrations in car panel work) to the panel first, then a layer of sound dampening foam on top. Remember that the stuff is essentially insulation for your case (i.e. it keeps heat IN).

Back