Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audigy 2

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Audigy 4 Pro

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (please specify in post)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to be getting a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and was wondering if there would be any benefit to adding a PCI sound card to my system with these speakers. Right now my DFI board has onboard 7 channel Nvidia audio, but will that give me the sound quality needed to do the Klipsch speakers justice? I'm spending already this much on speakers I just want to make sure that I will be able to reap the full benefit of these speakers right from the start. I was thinking of possibly the Audigy 4 Pro sound card, but a friend of mine and audiophile/audio nut told me not to waste my money on it and that the onboard would be more than sufficient or just and Audigy 2 would be fine.

What are all your opinions on this? Audigy 2, Audigy 4 Pro, onboard or some other card yet mentioned?

Depends on how you use your computer. If it's just for music then the onboard is fine, if you are a gamer too then get an X-Fi.

X-fi is great, but you have to be aware of the SCP (snap, crackle, pop) issues they've been having ever since release. I myself have those Klipsch speakers and the X-fi xtreme gamer card.. and I have SCP issues. Not to say that they're related from the speakers, because they're not. All I'm saying is.. great speakers.. spotty card. I would suggest either going with a Audigy 4.. or integrated. However, you may have no problems at all with the X-fi, so by all means, if there are none, go with it. Its an excellent card if you can get it to work properly.

Back