Sound issues with many players - Windows 7

bandit390

[H]ard|Gawd
I noticed a problem last night while watching netfix instant. The theme songs and some sounds would be perfect, but the actual sound of talking was cutting in and out and sometimes completely out for minutes. Then I tried watching some dvds using windows media player and all sounds are perfect while playing the dvd, but no sound while people are talking.

I tried system restore, uninstalled/reinstalled sound card drivers.

Any help?

sound settings configured for 5.1 surround instead of 2-channel stereo? So it's trying to output the voices to a center channel that doesn't exist?

sound settings configured for 5.1 surround instead of 2-channel stereo? So it's trying to output the voices to a center channel that doesn't exist?

Yes it's set to 5.1. Everything used to work perfect and I haven't changed anything. Sometimes using netflix instant and others, there is no sound at all. Just kind of random depending on the player.

so you do have a 5.1 setup?
Run the sound test to verify all speakers are working?

Since you state it's only the talking that doesn't work, that audio track is genereally output on the center channel. And if the center channel doesn't work, or is non-existant, I could see how the dialogue would seem to get "muted"

only theory I have

Back