sound of towel being thrown in, loud

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
OK, so after urging by She Who Must Be Obeyed, I called Comcast this morning. My questions were about X1.

First, they send out only self-install kits. 3-5 business days, then I have 30 days to return the old equipment,

No increase in monthly subscriptions. And this was a surprise: X1-based net traffic does not count towards monthly internet traffic usage. So that situaton is unchanged, since we don't use that much data traffic.

So what choice did I have? :dead: Just the size and color of the towel that I have to throw in. :censored:

Just be careful as most of the 'upgrades' are full of half-truths that you'll only find out the truth when you have new limits or higher prices or both. ISPs are playing the same games that cell phone providers have been known for.

Just be careful as most of the 'upgrades' are full of half-truths that you'll only find out the truth when you have new limits or higher prices or both. ISPs are playing the same games that cell phone providers have been known for.
Well, my wife believes what comcast told me.

FWIW, I'm with Comcast / Xfinity, and I'm running my own hardware; a Motorola MB8600 modem, and a TP link AX1800 router / wi-fi hub. PC's and NAS are hardwired, and the rest of the house flies WiFi. Zero regrets; just checked, I'm getting 948+ down, and 42+ going up on my main PC. Happy here, to be sure. I have zero interest in their networking products, cool as they may be.....

LMAO! And that's all that matters to get the job done, haha.

I feel like we need his wife come to the forum so we can speak directly to her instead of her messenger, might help get him squared away.

LMAO! And that's all that matters to get the job done, haha.
Yeah. She hasn't been around Comcast long enough, or done any crappy "support" calls with them.

By the time I can say, "but I told you so, it will be too late.

I feel like we need his wife come to the forum so we can speak directly to her instead of her messenger, might help get him squared away.
+1 but she will never do that, Keeping all the tech in our house running, that's my job.

I wish that Comcast had a "grumpy old man" plan for guys like me who see no reason to "upgrade" to benefit Comcast but not me.

haha, those of us with wives know that their wives wouldn't have any inkling of interest of getting on a 'forum'. My wife would just say 'that's old' with a condescending tone. :rolleyes:

I wish that Comcast had a "grumpy old man" plan for guys like me who see no reason to "upgrade" to benefit Comcast but not me.
Oh, I think that plan would be called 'the plan for smart people who don't like to be gamed'. :D

Back