Sound Randomly turns Down.

Blackdog

Limp Gawd
So I've had this problem for about 6 months now or so (can't remember how long). It doesn't happen every day. It doesn't happen on the same day or the same time. But I'll be playing a game or doing whatever, and my sound will turn all the way down from 100% to 0%. Randomly. Without me doing so. Just happened today while I was in World of Warcraft.

My hardware is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum EX and my speakers are Altec Lansing 4.1 speakers. I also have a pair of altec lansing speakers hooked up as my center channel. I'm using Altec Lansing Headset when I'm on Ventrilo when playing WoW.

I have the most up to date DirectX, Sound Card Drivers and Windows XP Pro SP2 is fully up to date. I have no viruses or spyware that can be detected at this time (running McAfee, MS Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware & Spybot Search & Destroy).

I'm not sure what else to do about this, as it's not a frequent problem - but when it happens, it's annoying. Anybody have any ideas what I can do?

Usually weirdo issues like that are caused by:

1) You're somehow activating the mute button on the remote, or it's leaking the command

2) You have some legacy pieces of the driver installed. Use CTZAPP.exe to do a full uninstall of the drivers, then use it again to do a full install.

Back