Source for 80mm x 10mm fans?

Tuthmose

Limp Gawd
Howdy all,

Long-time lurker, first time poster here in need of some assistance . . .

Like the title says, I'm looking for a source for 80mm fans that are 10mm thick with decent (mid 20s cfm) airflow - I'm having a devil of a time finding any. I have to cram some NB cooling in a tight spot, and even 15mm thick fans won't do. Noise isn't too much of an concern - its all about the cfms in this case.

If anybody knows where I can order such a beast, I'd appreciate the help. Failing that, any pointers about what kind of HDD or laptop coolers I might gut for such a fan would also be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
-Tuthmose

Thanks for the pointers. Sadly, that 100mm looks to be too wide, though I might give it a try anyway.

Anybody have any source for those cooltron fans? They do have several 80mmx10mm models listed, but their manufacturer webpage doesn't allow for normal humans to order from them.

-Tuthmose

Email preformance-pcs.com they can usually find a source with unusual fan dimensions.:D

Another source might be Sidewindercomputers......Gary won't have any but since he answers the phone(and owns the place) all the time, he might have a source.

PPC's has a 'slot bracket cooler' that claims it has an 80mmx10mm fan attached to it. Simply remove the fan and toss the bracket. Tada!

Excellent ideas - thank you all. I've dealt with Gary at Sidewinder before - he's a great guy. I think I'll shoot him an email and see what he can find. That slot cooler has promise too.

Thanks again,
-Tuthmose

Back