Soyo 24" 24DYLM24D6 Widescreen LCD Monitor $300

i am thinking of getting one more but i just don't have room for it :(
you cant beat the price :)

shhhhhhhhhhhhh...............*whispers* I don't want this item selling out

Nothing to see here...

i am thinking of getting one more but i just don't have room for it :(
you cant beat the price :)

I have the same problem. I want to get another one but I don't know what I'd do with it. I might get one anyway :D.

Can you confirm if this screen detaches from the stand? Was reading another review which stated:

he stand, which is not detachable and already attached to the unit, it pressed right up to the unit and there is very little room to maneuver the cables in, especially since the screen doesnt rotate.

I have an arm that holds 2 monitors that I'd use with this monitor but would need the stand to come off.

Can you confirm if this screen detaches from the stand? Was reading another review which stated:

he stand, which is not detachable and already attached to the unit, it pressed right up to the unit and there is very little room to maneuver the cables in, especially since the screen doesnt rotate.

I have an arm that holds 2 monitors that I'd use with this monitor but would need the stand to come off.

It's attached, but by several removable screws...no bid deal...another guy put it on a more adjustable stand in one of the other threads with no problems.

It comes out of the box, partially disassmebled, there are 6 screws on the back to remove the old stand, and then VESA holes on the back-middle for mounting w/ a new stand or similar.

I'm tempted to get another one... slightly tempted...

I almost want another one

$260 sounds tempting...

Ebay has lots of $30 off $150 coupons...

$250 :eek:

i got two on black friday for $250 each OTD. Best montor setup EVER. Also highly reccomend ergotron dual arm stand. I can position them any way i want very easily.

i got two on black friday for $250 each OTD. Best montor setup EVER. Also highly reccomend ergotron dual arm stand. I can position them any way i want very easily.
bah i should have gotten 2 as well :D

only could afford one then :(

omg i just called in to work today:)(gotta love those sick days)imma go pick this thing up ,yeah baby 24 inches!officemax is right down the street from me!

I grabbed two this morning when my local store opened. Opened the credit card and saved an addition 10%. :)

Using one of them now (other one isn't opened yet). Have to say, it's quite nice. The completely non-adjustable stand sorta blows though. I was happy that it included DVI cables though.

-Kevin

Damnit. Is there anything that can be done for the group of us that bought it when it was $300 list price? I'd run out to the store right now but the closest one to me is like seriously 50 miles away. Why they don't have a Tampa location I have no idea...

Pick on up with 270 including shipping with tax. Applied the 30$ coupon as well. Tax was 20 bucks =( oh well, still a good deal

They don't have a instore pick up option?

I grabbed two this morning when my local store opened. Opened the credit card and saved an addition 10%. :)

Using one of them now (other one isn't opened yet). Have to say, it's quite nice. The completely non-adjustable stand sorta blows though. I was happy that it included DVI cables though.

-Kevin

People claim that the included DVI cable is horrible. Just a heads up there.

Epic fail at Office Max =(

I canceled my online order which came out to 270 shipped because I saw a in store coupon of 20% clearance LCD monitor. I figure this Soyo is a clearance because its so cheap! WRONG!

I try to talk my way into the 20% coupon with the customer service, Sunday Manger and 1-800-OFFICE MAX...........WRONG!!!!!!

I tried the nice guy *Void
I tried the angry guy *Void
I tried the fought for your freedom guy *Void
I tried i have a little 2 year old girl *Void
I tried sexy guy *Void
I tried funny guy *Void

Long story short I ended up paying 301$ out the door

Now I'm trying sad guy =(

Epic fail at Office Max =(

I canceled my online order which came out to 270 shipped because I saw a in store coupon of 20% clearance LCD monitor. I figure this Soyo is a clearance because its so cheap! WRONG!

I try to talk my way into the 20% coupon with the customer service, Sunday Manger and 1-800-OFFICE MAX...........WRONG!!!!!!

I tried the nice guy *Void
I tried the angry guy *Void
I tried the fought for your freedom guy *Void
I tried i have a little 2 year old girl *Void
I tried sexy guy *Void
I tried funny guy *Void

Long story short I ended up paying 301$ out the door

Now I'm trying sad guy =(

I had a similar experience. the 20% coupon wouldn't work and I even had an online or phone $30 off coupon that they wouldn't let me use. :(

I had a similar experience. the 20% coupon wouldn't work and I even had an online or phone $30 off coupon that they wouldn't let me use. :(

Officemax is horrible. I canceled the order via telephone but the monitor still came. They charged me the full $300 and didnt let me return them to store. They say they will send a someone to pick them up but after 1-2 weeks there has been no sign of him. Really bad business practice from OM. Now im stuck with a $300 monitor that i has cancelled!

Officemax is horrible. I canceled the order via telephone but the monitor still came. They charged me the full $300 and didnt let me return them to store. They say they will send a someone to pick them up but after 1-2 weeks there has been no sign of him. Really bad business practice from OM. Now im stuck with a $300 monitor that i has cancelled!

I canx my online order and they gave me a confirmation number. I ask if it is likely that I'll have to use it and the office max customer service rep started laughing? not a good sign =(

I hope I don't have to call them up and be stuck with a monitor =(

doesn't look like you are able to purchase this through the online store any more. when i click on submit order it says "Please remove the discontinued items from the cart. Otherwise you can't commit your order.". look like I am going to have to make a trip to a B&M store and lose out on the $30 off coupon :( .

doesn't look like you are able to purchase this through the online store any more. when i click on submit order it says "Please remove the discontinued items from the cart. Otherwise you can't commit your order.". look like I am going to have to make a trip to a B&M store and lose out on the $30 off coupon :( .

Can't you do a phone order w/ your local store?

People claim that the included DVI cable is horrible. Just a heads up there.

Ah, thanks...It certainly is pretty thin, and fairly short...But, so far it works perfectly. I'll likely visit monoprice to replace them anyway for longer versions.

picked one up at my local B&M. on the floor the price tag was $399.99 but when he rang it up, it was $279.99. all in all walked out paying only $310, awesome deal :) . Sadly I couldn't convince them to take my online coupon for $30 though.

anyone wanna trade your *unused*(not using.. or 1 you have laying around.. not stock 1) 775 cpu heatsink for $30 off coupon? good for online & instore but then if you plan to use instore.. ill have to ship.. you may miss the deal.

what settings work best for this monitor?

Varies by monitor (I've had 3, I should know). There are a number of monitor calibration resources out on the internet. Make sure to sue a number of different tests. Here's some images I use to calibrate. My fav is the one with the gears in front of the mobo. A monitor with good contrast in the black levels will display these colors with high detial.

PDITestImage.jpg

frontier_color57s.jpg

Reference01.jpg

Stepchart_large_HSL.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like I have a stuck pixel that I can't correct for the life of me with this monitor. When connected to VGA, the display has an extreme yellow hue to it and I can't seem to correct it; using DVI corrects the issue though. Tomorrow this will be going back for an exchange. Possibly pick up another for dual display :D.

Picked mine up yesterday and so far i'm impressed. No stuck or dead pixels and for $300 flat, i couldn't be happier. Awesome deal.

got mine today shipped from officemax ordered on monday,had to order by phone because of a discontinued item prompt from the online system
I'll be testing this within the next few days

got one too. Last one they had left in stock. Not bad but the stand is crap. Screen is fantastic and will definitely look to be getting another.

Back