Soyo 24" 24DYLM24D6 Widescreen LCD Monitor $300

I picked one up last night. So far no issues other than one stuck pixel. I went ahead and got the extended warranty as a backup.

god damn it, I'm angry. I went to officemax and it was marked $350 so I didn't get it. I should have had them try to ring it up to see if it was on sale. I bet the sale is over now since it's saturday :(

i got one a few days ago.... with a year extended warranty.

bringing it back tomorrow.
scrolling text seemed weird on it... choppy skippy. maybe it's my 7900gs.
It also seemed weird playing games. I started to suck at COD. Seemed blurry.
no dead pixels though, nice even color.

well, back to my 22"

I decided a 22" would be better suited for me anyway. I got mine last Sunday for $280 and was going to return it, but if someone wants it I'd be willing to sell for the price I paid plus shipping. It doesn't have any problems with blacklight bleed, heat, hum and no dead/stuck pixels that I can tell.

I decided a 22" would be better suited for me anyway. I got mine last Sunday for $280 and was going to return it, but if someone wants it I'd be willing to sell for the price I paid plus shipping. It doesn't have any problems with blacklight bleed, heat, hum and no dead/stuck pixels that I can tell.

having come from a 22" (6bit) vs. the 8bit 24"

I think you're making a mistake. If you don't like the stand of the Soyo then buy a new stand...Amazon sells several compatible.

having come from a 22" (6bit) vs. the 8bit 24"

I think you're making a mistake. If you don't like the stand of the Soyo then buy a new stand...Amazon sells several compatible.

I had considered this however, I just had problems focusing on the large screen of the 24" it looked fantastic, but took up most of my desk and I didn't have room to push it any farther back.

I had considered this however, I just had problems focusing on the large screen of the 24" it looked fantastic, but took up most of my desk and I didn't have room to push it any farther back.

I think i had the same problem. It was disorienting while playing games.

I'm going to talk to a manager and see if he won't give me yesterday's sale price. it wasn't tagged on sale yesterday when I went in.. and I even called and did aprice check and they gave me the regular price.. what are my odds of getting it?

I'm going to talk to a manager and see if he won't give me yesterday's sale price. it wasn't tagged on sale yesterday when I went in.. and I even called and did aprice check and they gave me the regular price.. what are my odds of getting it?

if you take the stance that one of the employees lied to you and you were wronged you just might get it at yesterdays price... or you could play the ask nicely card... send your gf or wife in to play the nice card first and if that doesn't work have them come out and you go in with them and play the 'I was lied to' card.

I spoke to the manager. it turns out hawaii is in a different pricing region than the continental united states. $350 WAS the sale price. I busted a fuck it and got the acer 24" tn panel for $279, I'm not really affected by teh view angles, the colors are slightly less good in hd movies. I'm actually very happy with the acer, nice slim bezel, sharp picture, 3 year warranty, feels well made.. nice stand.. nice buttons
edit: after 2 hours the color shifting on the tn drove me crazy. got a westinghouse L2410NM mva based panel and am soo happy now. it's better in every way. sorry for cross posting

Back