SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

No such thing as a 2ms *VA or IPS. It's TN.

It could be that the specs are wrong though... advertised specs on the 24" Soyo had viewing-angles of a TN ever since it was listed on the site...

99% chance it's a TN though... Soyo is figuring everyone loves their 24" monitors, so they can put TN's in all their monitors now, save a few bucks, but everyone knows the name Soyo now... :p

It could be that the specs are wrong though... advertised specs on the 24" Soyo had viewing-angles of a TN ever since it was listed on the site...

99% chance it's a TN though... Soyo is figuring everyone loves their 24" monitors, so they can put TN's in all their monitors now, save a few bucks, but everyone knows the name Soyo now... :p

I'm ignoring the viewing angles entirely -- there is /no such thing/ as a consumer level 2ms *VA or IPS screen. There might not even be in the professional market. Those kind of response times are pure TN territory.

Considering their 3ms 24" is TN, chances are /very/ good a 2ms 26" that's almost the same price is TN as well.

I'm ignoring the viewing angles entirely -- there is /no such thing/ as a consumer level 2ms *VA or IPS screen. There might not even be in the professional market. Those kind of response times are pure TN territory.

Considering their 3ms 24" is TN, chances are /very/ good a 2ms 26" that's almost the same price is TN as well.

Umm, we don't have to even consider response times anymore. Ever since AUO stopped making their great budget P-MVA and A-MVA lines and went to full TN, it was game over. The end of sub $600 VA unless AUO or another panel manufacturer takes it up, as Samsung certainly won't allow their S-PVA to get cheap before axing it for more TN.

The point I was attempting to make was that the specs listed on the website could be incorrect.

They were in the past... so there's a chance it could happen again...

The point I was attempting to make was that the specs listed on the website could be incorrect.

They were in the past... so there's a chance it could happen again...

Actually I believe the So ya tech mentioned to me that the 26" were all TN panels [I'm pretty sure he did] and he was not sure about 24" even though he stated from what I said about mine that I had a mva panel

As for those that went to future shop I bought mine on line and it was a mva as Blazestorm have confirmed that based on my pictures i had posted.

I don't see this monitor on the officemax website anymore. Are they still selling it?

Just got mine, a refurb from geeks.com for $212 shipped, it's MVA manufacture date 2008/01

You sure that's date of manufacture and not date of refurb? Because we've not seen /any/ MVAs built later than December 2007.

Well on the back it says manfacture date 2008/01 but I'm 99% that's just the date it was refurbished. And no dead pixels, wierd smells, clouding, etc. or buzzing from the speakers of course I've had it for under 24 hours. Just to be safe I got warranty thru square trade. So far I'm very happy about it, and I don't mind the bezel :p

What's wierd is it doesn't pass that funky lagon TN test I see lagon all across the screen, but the text is all the same color and doesn't change depending on where I'm looking at unlike when I looked at it on my Acer.T he box it came in had 6ms 500nits and my last panel was a 22" Acer that was a TN panel so I know how to tell the difference. I must just have something set up wrong for that test, but I know how to check for a TN Panel (viewing angles etc.) and this one is fine (i.e. I look at it from the bottom and the colors don't change, unlike my Acer).

So, I asked OfficeMax. Quick summary: "No, really. That's what the manufacturer says. TFT and 2ms. Here is their full specs, so if it is bad information, it is coming from the manufacturer."

The DL;DNR reply is below if you are REALLY interested.

Hi Josh,

Here are the exact MFG specifications directly from them:

SOYO LCD monitor incorporates superior TFT (Thin Film Transistor) display technology in a stylish compact design that frees up valuable desk space, with a wide-angle flat screen that offers a view of the screen from various angles without compromising image quality. Featuring high brightness, sharp contrast and vivid colors for hours of comfortable viewing, SOYO’s built-in speakers deliver stereo-quality sound.

Designed to provide the ideal display solution for a wide variety of applications at the office, home or school, the monitor delivers crisp, vibrant text and images while you are working on preadsheets and reports, writing emails, preparing presentations, watching movies, playing games, or surfing the Internet.

Available in black, the SOYO LCD monitor is engineered for today’s multimedia applications, streaming videos, DVD movies, Internet surfing, games, and more, delivering “SOYO” quality at affordable prices.

Panel Specs:

Type: 26.0” color TFT active matrix WUXGA LCD
Display Area:
Optimum Resolution: 1920 x 12
Contrast Ratio: 1200:1
Viewing Angle: 176°(H), 176°(V)
Light Source: 40,000 hours (typ)
Response Time: 2ms
Brightness: 500 nits (typ)
Display Colors: 16.7 million
Pixel Pitch: 0.285mm
Frequency: Fh: 30 kHz – 80 kHz; Fv: 50 Hz – 75 Hz
Bandwidth: 135MHz

Connectors:

VGA(Connector: 15-pin mini D-sub): Yes
DVI: Yes
Audio: Yes

Picture Control:

Brightness/Contrast: Yes
Color Temperature Control: Yes

Sound:

Audio Output Power: 2 x 2 watt

Power:

Voltage: AC 100~240 Volts, 50/60 Hz
Consumption: < 100W (typ)

Other Features:

Buttons: Auto Adjust, Menu, Up, Down, Power
OSD: Brightness, Contrast, Auto Adjust, Phase Clock, H. Position, V. Position, Sharpness, Color, Temperature, Language, OSD H/V Position, Video Select, Recall, Volume
OSD Language: English,Spanish, Portuguese,French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplify, Nederlands

Dimension:

Net (W x H x D): 23.86 in x 19.37 in x 10.63 in (with Stand)
Gross (W x H x D): 27.56in x 22.64in x 9.29in

Weight:

Net: 9.22 kg / 20.33 lbs
Gross: 11.26 kg / 24.82 lbs

Package Content:

VGA Signal Cable: 1
Audio Cable: 1
User Manual: 1
DVI Cables: N/A
Dual Monitor Stand: N/A

Operating Conditions:

Temperature: 32°F - 104°F; 0°C - 40°C;
Humidity: 10% - 85% (non-condensing)

Regulations:

UL: Yes
CSE TUV/GS: Yes
CE: Yes
FCC: Yes
RoHS: N/A
Window Vista Certify: Yes

Others:

Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Cabinet Color: Black
UPC Code: 660475303633
Made In: China

1 Latest Downloads

Data Sheet ( Released: 04/14/2008 )

Download

Click here to visit our product registration page.

Download all images for this product.

Or you can download a single image by selecting one below:

Data Sheet ( Released: 04/14/2008 )

Download

This product is not available for purchase.

PEARL SERIES - 26" Wide TFT LCD Monitor

DYLM26E6

Overview

Technical Specs

Pictures

Support

Register

Media Resources

Buy Now

SOYO LCD monitor incorporates superior TFT (Thin Film Transistor) display technology in a stylish compact design that frees up valuable desk space, with a wide-angle flat screen that offers a view of the screen from various angles without compromising image quality. Featuring high brightness, sharp contrast and vivid colors for hours of comfortable viewing, SOYO’s built-in speakers deliver stereo-quality sound.

Designed to provide the ideal display solution for a wide variety of applications at the office, home or school, the monitor delivers crisp, vibrant text and images while you are working on preadsheets and reports, writing emails, preparing presentations, watching movies, playing games, or surfing the Internet.

Available in black, the SOYO LCD monitor is engineered for today’s multimedia applications, streaming videos, DVD movies, Internet surfing, games, and more, delivering “SOYO” quality at affordable prices.

Panel Specs:

Type: 26.0” color TFT active matrix WUXGA LCD
Display Area:
Optimum Resolution: 1920 x 12
Contrast Ratio: 1200:1
Viewing Angle: 176°(H), 176°(V)
Light Source: 40,000 hours (typ)
Response Time: 2ms
Brightness: 500 nits (typ)
Display Colors: 16.7 million
Pixel Pitch: 0.285mm
Frequency: Fh: 30 kHz – 80 kHz; Fv: 50 Hz – 75 Hz
Bandwidth: 135MHz

Connectors:

VGA(Connector: 15-pin mini D-sub): Yes
DVI: Yes
Audio: Yes

Picture Control:

Brightness/Contrast: Yes
Color Temperature Control: Yes

Sound:

Audio Output Power: 2 x 2 watt

Power:

Voltage: AC 100~240 Volts, 50/60 Hz
Consumption: < 100W (typ)

Other Features:

Buttons: Auto Adjust, Menu, Up, Down, Power
OSD: Brightness, Contrast, Auto Adjust, Phase Clock, H. Position, V. Position, Sharpness, Color, Temperature, Language, OSD H/V Position, Video Select, Recall, Volume
OSD Language: English,Spanish, Portuguese,French, Dutch, Italian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplify, Nederlands

Dimension:

Net (W x H x D): 23.86 in x 19.37 in x 10.63 in (with Stand)
Gross (W x H x D): 27.56in x 22.64in x 9.29in

Weight:

Net: 9.22 kg / 20.33 lbs
Gross: 11.26 kg / 24.82 lbs

Package Content:

VGA Signal Cable: 1
Audio Cable: 1
User Manual: 1
DVI Cables: N/A
Dual Monitor Stand: N/A

Operating Conditions:

Temperature: 32°F - 104°F; 0°C - 40°C;
Humidity: 10% - 85% (non-condensing)

Regulations:

UL: Yes
CSE TUV/GS: Yes
CE: Yes
FCC: Yes
RoHS: N/A
Window Vista Certify: Yes

Others:

Warranty: 1 Year Limited
Cabinet Color: Black
UPC Code: 660475303633
Made In: China

Sincerely,

Novella George

OfficeMax

Customer Service - Direct/Dotcom/Retail Rep - Mentor, OH
800-661-5931

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Potential at Work

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 4:47 PM
To: Online Customer Service
Subject: Customer Support Request: Product Inquiry/ Information

Name : Josh McCormick Email : [email protected] Phone : XXXXXXXXXX preferToBeContacted : email I am interested in : Product information Name of item : Soyo 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor (DYLM26E6) Item description : Soyo 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor (DYLM26E6) Manufacturer : Soyo Manufacturer number : MT-NI-DYLM26E6 OfficeMax item number : 21622004 Additional Details : In the details for this item, you list it as a TFT display. However, given the 2ms response time, either it is actually a TN panel, or a very amazing TFT panel that the price doesn't make sense for. Is this really a TFT LCD as the description claims, or is it TN LCD?

I think I screwed that up. TN is a type of TFT display?
I've gone on to asking Soyo now for more details on the display.

hmm well as far as I know the 26 inch is TN not mva I saw one at a local store and it did not pass the below to top test as the picture looks inverted when seen from below

Well I went up to my local Microcenter today and I can confirm that it is a TN panel. So 178/178:confused:

Also imo it looks cheap. The bezel is now two pieces clipped together and visable from the front(kinda hard to explain). It's also piano black(shiney) while it continues to use the matte black cheap stand. Just dont go together(imo of coarse). It is also now a glossy screen.

hmm well as far as I know the 26 inch is TN not mva I saw one at a local store and it did not pass the below to top test as the picture looks inverted when seen from below

And a new email from Soyo confirms that the 26" are TN:

Subject: RE: SOYO Contact Form: Customer Service
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:12:12 -0700

Hello,

Our monitors do have TN panels and they are 2ms.
Thank you for your understanding,

Javier Vega
Tech Support Team
SOYO, Inc.
1420 S. Vintage Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761-3646
USA
( TV Support (866) 280-1998

I hope somebody can help me!!

I'm getting the "auto shutoff" problem with my Soyo 24". For those unfamiliar, my monitor, while actively using the computer will just randomly go black (usually after about 20-30 minutes of use but can be as short as 5 minutes) but the blue indicator light on the monitor stays on. I have to power the monitor off for a couple of minutes then I can turn it on again but it will auto shutoff again soon after.

I had hoped it was a cable problem so I tried using a different DVI-D cable, still happens. Tried using DVI-D with my macbook, still happens. tried using VGA input but still happens.

I should state that I have turned off all my power options to NEVER so that is not the case. I also don't think its a backlight problem because I can't see any picture when it goes to black screen.

Anyone else still having this problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rma it
:(

I hope somebody can help me!!

I'm getting the "auto shutoff" problem with my Soyo 24". For those unfamiliar, my monitor, while actively using the computer will just randomly go black (usually after about 20-30 minutes of use but can be as short as 5 minutes) but the blue indicator light on the monitor stays on. I have to power the monitor off for a couple of minutes then I can turn it on again but it will auto shutoff again soon after.

I had hoped it was a cable problem so I tried using a different DVI-D cable, still happens. Tried using DVI-D with my macbook, still happens. tried using VGA input but still happens.

I should state that I have turned off all my power options to NEVER so that is not the case. I also don't think its a backlight problem because I can't see any picture when it goes to black screen.

Anyone else still having this problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well I just ordered a refurbished Soyo 24" with a model number of DYLM24D6 off Geeks.com for $213.99 shipped. Hopefully it turns out to be an MVA. However, does anyone know where I can get an extended warranty for the monitor at a good price?

Well I just ordered a refurbished Soyo 24" with a model number of DYLM24D6 off Geeks.com for $213.99 shipped. Hopefully it turns out to be an MVA. However, does anyone know where I can get an extended warranty for the monitor at a good price?
i'd like to know as well ;)

Hey all,

I just picked up this monitor from Office Max, the box said 6ms 500nits and I did the viewing angle test, so i'm pretty sure i got an MVA panel.

My question is, I've read that some people run them 24/7 for the first week or so, does this bring out stuck/dead pixels or something? This is my first time buying a decent quality monitor and I'm not much of a videophile so any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I've read a lot of people calibrating the display, where can I learn more about how to do that? Does it require external equipment etc? I'm running an eVGA 8800GTS for reference.

And lastly, I'm using the DVI cable that was included in the box, I've read that some people were having trouble with theirs and I don't mind spending 10 bucks at monoprice, but it turns out that there are a couple different flavors of DVI cables and I don't know which one I need. Specifically, 24AWG vs 28AWG.

The 28AWG cable will be fine, but you can get the 24AWG (lower numbers = thicker wires) if it makes you feel better for whatever reason.

Yes, run it 24/7 (with a screensaver, obviously) for the first few days at least, to make sure it doesn't just immediately fail. These have some quality control issues, but the good news is that if they keep working after the first week or so they seem to be solid, and if they fail, you can still exchange in store.

I can't remember the site so many sue for testing and such here.. I'll edit it in if I do later.

I just ordered two refurbished models from geeks.com. (Hopefully, MVA and working :)

Is it a consensus that the cable is necessary?

Also, given that I'll be running dual Soyos, is is possible to get left right channels on different monitors?

nevermind. the autoshut thing started again on the computer at home (sigh). please let me know if you have similar problems.

brentd49 - all the other threads and this one state that decent cable is necessary. I don't know if you'll be able to run left and right channel seeing how the input into the computer is a stereo input but I could be wrong. You could try splitting the stereo plug into two monos and see if that works.

from all the people on slickdeals.net, we have all received MVA panels from geeks.com refurbished sale so I would assume that you will get an MVA -- but whether you get one that's fully working/no dead pixels/no autoshutoff/no humming noise is all up to luck.

cheers

I'm having the shut off now after having the monitor for about 8 months. Great monitor except for the auto-shutoff. But then again if you don't use your monitor for 20-30 min it is a good idea for it to auto-shutoff to prevent any damage to the screen display.

BTW: Does anyone know if you can turn off the blue led. I find it a bother when watching DVD's or Netflix. Thanx

I just ordered two refurbished models from geeks.com. (Hopefully, MVA and working :)

Is it a consensus that the cable is necessary?

Also, given that I'll be running dual Soyos, is is possible to get left right channels on different monitors?

Let us know what types they are when they come in!

Back