Soyo 24" LCD Monitor $249.99 shipped OM AC ($279.99 w/o coupon)

KamuiRSX

Limp Gawd
soyo 24" monitor best price yet!

get your 30 off coupon from ebay or in the coupon forum

if you can't get a 30 off, here's a free code for 20 off 150:

Please enter the following promotional code during checkout.
Promotional Code: TWENTY

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catal...+24&displayBreadCrumb=null&_requestid=1770805

Specs:

# 24" Widescreen SXGA TFT LCD Display
# 1920 x 1200 Native Screen Resolution
# 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
# 6ms Response Time
# 500 nits Brightness
# 2 x 2 Watt Stereo Speakers
# 170 degrees Horizontal, 160 degrees Vertical Viewing Angle
# 40,000 Hour backlight lifespan (typical)
# 15-pin mini D-sub VGA and DVI-D connections
# AC 100-240 Volts, 60 / 50 Hz Voltage, 100 Watts (max) Power Consumption
# 1-Year Limited warranty on LCD, parts and labor. SOYO S.A.F.E. Program

damnit i don't get paid again to afford this until the middle of may!!! :p

guess i'l have to put off my triple monitor setup for a bit longer ;) :D

I bought one of these a few months back - fantastic monitor!

Still very pleased with mine. By those specs - 6MS you are still getting the M-PVA panel. I had a friend who picked one up in a store with a box that said 3MS meaning the newer/worse TN panel. But his monitor was actually a 8bit M-PVA panel when he opened the box! There are other's who've had the same exp who have shared in the thread on this monitors over in the display forum.

Wow, such a great deal... must resist...

Ugh, I was tempted @ $300, now 259.99 with the coupon you provided... The only problem is I'll have to upgrade my vid card as well, and I wanted to skip a generation...

Decisions, decisions

If you're counting the $30 off $150 code... it's only $20 cheaper than it has been for the past 3 weeks...

Problem is now you're more likely to get a 6bit TN instead of 8bit MVA...

I think you should go in store and get this, just to be sure you are getting the older and higher quality model

Ah well. $300 was still a good deal.

Though $270 makes me consider getting a 2nd to replace the CRT TV in my living room....

You need to be prepared to return/exchange this monitor if you buy it. In my experience it seems to have more defects (bad pixels) than other brands on average. The officemax employee I talked to even said the same thing. If you're willing to do that work, and you make sure you are getting the non-TN version, you are getting an awesome deal. If you don't want to do any work, be prepared to pay $250 dollars more for anything else similar.

Looks to me like it's still a pva from the specs.

Even if it's a TN it's still a great price.

Their specs on the website never changed... they were always wrong to beginwith anyways (Viewing angles indicate TN not MVA)

^ But 6ms response indicates MVA -

The boxes say 3ms for the TN panels...

i am a CRT whore, but a $250 24'' just might be enough to change my mind...

So,how can we be sure the monitor is not the TN model? Whjat do you look for? Is there anything on the outside of the box to tell? Somone said the the description said one thing but the monitor was differant type. Something in the part number listed on the outside of the box?

3ms response time, 300nits brightness is "might be TN / might be MVA"

6ms response, 500nits brightness = MVA.

Me want... If only I can sell my 22" TN.... I want to see what all the fuss is on TN vs Other

I picked one up over the weeked. It turned out to be an MVA panel. Going back to the store to get a price match. :)

how did you know it was an mva panel when u opened up the box? it written somewhere on the lcd?

how did you know it was an mva panel when u opened up the box? it written somewhere on the lcd?

If it's an MVA panel, the box will most likely say 6ms response time. Also, it seems if it was manufactured around Oct-Nov 2007, it's very likely it will be the non-TN panel. Best way to check for sure? Plug it in and check the viewing angles.

What are these compared to the 24072407HC? I have two of the dells and wondering if one of these would make my eyes cry.

I'm not sure where to find the manufacturing date, haven't really looked for it, but that's one way of checking. I just made sure it said 6ms on the box and then took it home and plugged it in and checked the viewing angles.

I went to a local Office Max and they priced matched the online $20 coupon, so $259.99 instore. Great price for a 24" 1920X1200 LCD monitor

I'm not sure where to find the manufacturing date, haven't really looked for it, but that's one way of checking. I just made sure it said 6ms on the box and then took it home and plugged it in and checked the viewing angles.

Check the sticker on the back. It will state the manufacturing date on there along with your serial.

Mfg date on the sticker shows 09-07, plus no picture quality loss when viewing on an wide angle range. Might have gotten the good panel.

When I added it today it showed as being discontinued. That could be based on the ZIP entered.

12-07 mft date from my order a week or two ago.. and the box says 3ms.. I'm fairly certain it's a TN... strange that the viewing angles seem fine from the left,right, and top though.. if I view it at an angle from the bottom, the picture's just horrible.

12-07 mft date from my order a week or two ago.. and the box says 3ms.. I'm fairly certain it's a TN... strange that the viewing angles seem fine from the left,right, and top though.. if I view it at an angle from the bottom, the picture's just horrible.

That is a TN panel.

I have one of the MVA panels that i picked up a few months ago. Tempted to sell my ACER 24" and pick up a 2nd one of these. Mine has 1 stuck pixel, but it only shows up in the bios/boot screen so its no big deal for me.

How does this monitor compare to the Benq G2400W? I've all but sold myself on that one and done so much damn research looking for a sub $500 24"

sucks, no HDMI. How else can i hook up a PS3 and PC and get full 1080p Blu ray

Or use software to crack HDCP on your PC, to view content you (big assumption here?) legally purchased.

Back