Soyo 24" lcd REFURB 213.99 shipped

Now we just need someone with that monitor calibration tool thingie to do it and post the color profile :D

i got my second one. boy is it nice :D. didn't fail the globe test so i think its a mva :). no dead pixels either, or scratches :D
the new one is 1/2008 and seems to run cooler than my original one :)
excellent deal :)

DSCF0125-1.jpg

my triple monitor setup with dual soyo's and my westy is coming. stay tuned! :).

Earlier this week fedex said that it was loaded on a truck and estimated to be delivered today. The delivery date and line about being a truck was removed Wed. Now it says it was picked up yesterday and to be delivered this coming Wed. Lame.

Got mine in the mail today (got 3 to make sure I got 2 good ones :)). Got two of them setup and they're HUGE. Like unbelievably huge. No stucks pixels that I can see on either and they look like MVA panels - the viewing angle is fine even from the side.

Only things is one came with all of the cables, manuals, etc. + an extra DVI cable, but the other came with nothing in the box, but the monitor. I've got some extra cables, but that's pretty damn annoying. Still have to open up the third box to see what's in there.

bump this. Mine will be here the 31st. if i dont like it, im selling it on craiglist

whats the globe test? didnt run it but i can tell that the viewing angles are better than my samsung tn panel. one green "dead" pixel that i only notice when booting up.

whats the globe test? didnt run it but i can tell that the viewing angles are better than my samsung tn panel. one green "dead" pixel that i only notice when booting up.

below ;)

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032448894&postcount=867
ever taken an image (jpg, bmp, etc) into photoshop or any imaging program and did the invert option?

on a TN matrix panel, viewing THIS image straight on will look normal

earthsh4.jpg

however, looking at the image from BELOW the monitor and staring straight up will cause the image to basically invert, like this

earth2kd5.jpg

now, it won't normally be that durastic, but it's a very easy thing to notice. if you have a TN, the screen colors will start to change to a "Negative" effect, such as an invert.

Was in stock for a few minutes but was oos by the time i finished checkout this morning just in case anyone is curious.

knocks on wood*

So far so good with mine (only received one of the two though. odd) I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow.

Passed the globe test so should be an mva panel.

I'm happy with it for $200

I rec. a program called calibrize from download.com. The text is now easier to read and the whitest pages dont blind my eyes. 81 contrast, 25 brightness, 42r,42g,28b

I rec. a program called calibrize from download.com. The text is now easier to read and the whitest pages dont blind my eyes. 81 contrast, 25 brightness, 42r,42g,28b

This monitor also has a "High Light" setting that you might have on... One of my monitors was the same way (whites blinding) and I found that this setting had been enabled...

got mine. One stuck pixel in top center, but it only appears if there's something "white" that covers a large area directly below it.

If I take a blank notepad document and extend it vertically up and down below where the pixel is, it will get brighter and dimmer as the "white" area gets taller or shorter.

Anyone seen anything like that, or, even better, know how to fix it?

Other than that, the monitor has great contrast/colors/blacks. It's an MVA panel, and the angles are great.

got mine, thanks op. 2 Pixels that get stuck sometimes but hey for 200$ not a bad deal at all :) sucks now though cause if I want to play crysis on my 8800gt... well very pretty just cant move around too much :(

yeah, my stuck pixel only appears under certain circumstances, and I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it. Still an incredible deal for $200, so I'm keeping this bad boy!

got mine today. holy f***. Its huge, not heavy. Just huge compared to my westy 22". There is a noticeable difference in size.

going to test it, no dead pixels so far. Going to check out Gaming and video's. My personal review to come soon.

you didn't miss out much... there are a lot who ended up with a bad monitor that would auto shutoff, lots of dead pixels, or lines. Mine is good so far (knock on wood), but I'm still not sure how long it will last without problems.

happy with mine. had it for a couple weeks so far so good. Nothing wrong except the speakers blow but saw that coming

you didn't miss out much... there are a lot who ended up with a bad monitor that would auto shutoff, lots of dead pixels, or lines. Mine is good so far (knock on wood), but I'm still not sure how long it will last without problems.
on the contrary, i think many more people lucked out than not :)

did you actually read the posts? a lot more people with a good experience.

did you actually read the posts? a lot more people with a good experience.

well i'm not going by this thread... and if they had problems they usually wrote it on the actual Soyo monitor thread. Also there were a lot who jumped the gun early saying they had a good one then it crapped out on them later (sometimes a day or so, others after a week). Combine that with a bunch being sent out that were actually TN panels and I wouldn't put it past everyone to know if they had a TN panel or not (MVA box, but TN inside). I really don't know what percentage got good or bad, but there are numerous faulty or TN panels... the only good thing was that you could easily return it to geeks and just lose shipping cost, had square trade, or RMA it with Soyo for a TN panel.

i think i've seen atleast 15 posts about problems... not everyone reports a problem either.. they just RMA or return it. Some don't know they have a TN panel and think they have MVA. Anyway I'm not all that confident these will last for many years... hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm one of those that monitor flaked out after a few days. Got a line across the screen within a 2weeks. Gotta rma it. If I understand correctly I should contact geeks.com as per the 90 day warranty or do I contact soyo???

from what I've read very few people have had their monitor go bad within the first month. Either it was bad to begin with or no problems so far. Mine runs just like it did when I bought it 2 months ago.

Finally here, looks beautiful, no dead pixels and appears to be a non tn panel.
DSC01988.jpg

my new setup, i built my desk so i can use my lazy boy as a comp chair.
DSC01989.jpg

cd and phone in pic for size reference, dual monitors, old 19" hanns g on right new 24" soyo on left.
DSC01990.jpg

close up on soyo

any of you guys wanting to sell your old monitors? I'm in search of one... $100-150 tops

PM me if you have something.

So one of my monitors has started flickering something fierce - it's pretty sporadic, but this thing is definitely shot. How do I get warranty service?

You have to call Soyo ((909) 292 2555) to get a reference number, then go through the RMA on their site: http://www.soyogroup.com/rma2/policy.php . It's a pretty painless process.

Thanks. Any chance i can just return them to geeks.com? I bought three - one (primary) works properly, one (secondary) is the one that started flickers, and the third (spare) I just discovered has a scratch on the front. Maybe I'll just RMA both of them and resell one on craigslist when the replacements show up. That way I've got twice the shot of getting an MVA panel :).

Bought a refurbed Westinghouse monitor from Geeks.

Box looked like it was use for football practice, and the remote never worked.

Meh. It was on sale.

^has to do with the fact that he bought a refurb monitor from geeks --- and geeks is where this refurb is coming from!

Deal is now 269 --- :(

Back