sp97 much of a upgrade from slk800u?

heero884

Gawd
just wondering if anyone has upgraded from a slk800u to a sp97 and if so what kind of differences in temp it makes. thanks in advance.

right now im using a 80mm panaflo medium on a slk800u (with as ceramique) with a axpm2600+ running at [email protected] with 47C/55C idle/full load.

thanxs, i didnt want to spend $60 on a new heatsink only to find out the difference is only a couple degrees C :D

heero884 said:
thanxs, i didnt want to spend $60 on a new heatsink only to find out the difference is only a couple degrees C :D
It will probably only be a few degrees C, to be honest with you. Anyhow, getting the SP-97 now is a bit of a moot point because many of us are going to switch to A64 systems soon. Anyhow, I love my SP-97.

is it really a moot point to upgrade a 32bit pc? i would think upgrading to a a64 from a already fast 32bit pc right now would be a moot point because the only big difference is 64bit and the average consumer wont be able to take advantage of that for a little while? donno but i did order a a64 this weekend so i guess ill see the difference in performance (if there is any). if the sp97 would drop 6+ more degrees compared to my slk800u i would consider getting one but since it prolly wont i guess ill save myself $60 :cool: thanxs for the input, it is much appreciated.

Back