Sparkle can't decide Regarding the 8800GT... No fans or Two fans

Don't know if this has been posted yet in one of the billion pages of 8800GT posts, but Sparkle has 2 unique 8800GTs. No Fan and 2-Fans ...

Passive:

http://www.sparkle.com.tw/News/SP8800GTpassive/news_SP8800GT_passive_EN.html

Dual-Fan:

http://www.techmessenger.com/SPARKL...aphic-Card-For-High-end-Gaming-071029007.html

Didn't see the passive one yet. It looks like a good option if you hate fan noise like I do, but you know people are going to want to overclock. The dual-fan will probably be the hot-seller.

its not a matter for them to decide, its a matter for you to decide, which card fits your needs, a silent passive model like for a HTPC or the dual fan monster which runs faster for an uber gaming rig ;)

its not a matter for them to decide, its a matter for you to decide, which card fits your needs, a silent passive model like for a HTPC or the dual fan monster which runs faster for an uber gaming rig ;)
That was just a joke my friend. Guess I should have used a smiley face somewhere. I think it's great that someone is releasing the 8800GT in a flavor other than vanilla which is why I posted it.

I cannot find where to purchase this brand anywhere. Anyone know if they are even reasonable with prices?

I really like EVGA, but if I can find a good deal with a solid company elsewhere...

I cannot find where to purchase this brand anywhere. Anyone know if they are even reasonable with prices?

I really like EVGA, but if I can find a good deal with a solid company elsewhere...

problem is, you wont find a card anywhere by anyone else with the same warranty advantages that EVGA offers, XFX is a close second, with BFG being third, all other manufacturers, last...so make sure you quantify the perceived cost savings.....if after 1 year the card goes kaput but you paid $30 less to buy it and now have to buy it all over again....was it worth it?

I hope someone else comes out with a passive version or a 3rd party quiet cooler is available soon.

I have a 8600 GT made by Gigabyte, and its passive. Its nice and quiet :) but kinda slow to power my 24" LCD.

Have you seen these for sale in the US anywhere yet?

Sparkle, like Gainward, are European Distributers. So if you want one, you'll need to order it from some place like OverclockersUK.com (if they get it in) which would probably raise the price to something outrageous because of shipping. Although I did order a HIS ICEQ3 X1950 Pro from them once when it was on sale and even with the $20 I paid for shipping, the price was still less than what NewEgg was charging at the time. I'm sure in time we're bound to see some unique cooling solutions for these cards here in the US.

Back