Sparkle's ugly 6800

They cant be serious...can they? That is the most horrid looking ive ever seen :(

Yuck.WHat a terribe clor scheme; red, yellow, and....green? Awful. I want the card to look most like the reference card-- XFX might make it look so, since etheir 5950 was very similar to the reference. If not, the Asus one looks like a sweet buy. :)

why dont they slap on marylin monroe while they are at it, sum company tried doing that once, it was the ugliest piece of shit i ever seen.............

IT IS A FUCKING VIDEO CARD. IT STAYS INSIDE YOUR COMPUTER CASE. YOU DO NOT BUY IT FOR LOOKS

Originally posted by saqdeez
IT IS A FUCKING VIDEO CARD. IT STAYS INSIDE YOUR COMPUTER CASE. YOU DO NOT BUY IT FOR LOOKS

I agree. Now turn your caplocks off.

Also, the Sparkle 6800 looks like a really cheap ghetto attempt at copying Gainward's last series (which did look decent).

It looks like Sparkle found some junk red plastic in the trash, used a saber saw to cut out a pattern, then bubblegummed it onto the top of a vid card.

Originally posted by saqdeez

When you pay $500 bucks for something, it better have a pretty little dress on after the blow job, damnit!

when its in your case you see the topside of the video card, that's it.

anyway, looks bad

what if its laying on the side?

and, to the creator of the thread, dont put profane language in your thread title:p

I agree...very ugly. I won't be getting that version.

Man I can't wait to get a new card...my ti4400 just isn't holding me anymore. I've been putting off playing far cry till i get a new vid card and its driving me crazy cuz i know how fun that game is. But I don't wanna miss any of the visuals:)

I can see the business news headlines.

"Fisher Price sues Sparkle"

That is not what I would consider a serious $500.00 product!

You wouldnt be so quick to judge "serious" products if you had seen some of the pink special edition, super expensive "Hello Kitty" motherboards and accessories AOpen has put out. ;)

Perhaps they tried to sweat the [H]'s theme colors and screwed up in the process?

So much for an attempt to be 1337. :rolleyes:

I like they are trying to bling-bling the card with gold rim esque fan guards, and flame like thingy over the heatsink. They complete the package though with their plane Jane green PCB.

Some of us DO have windows in our cases you know. ;) I sure as hell wouldn't wanna look over at that POS everytime i turned my head. Performance isn't all that matters with these high end video cards, and that things sales (or lack thereof) will prove my point. ;)

Has Sparkle recently been acquired by Fisher Price?

I'm starting to think so.....that WOULD explain a lot.

F THE LOOKS. That thing looks like it'd overclock LIKE MAD.

With the card being that hard on the eyes, it's hard to think of anything else when you're looking at it. ;) Keep in mind that every company has their duds.....I've seen other retails cards with very impressive coolers turn out to be overclocking jokes before.....and I wouldn't put anything past them with a design like THAT. It's just to hard to take the thing seriously. :p

While I think it might be solid and do what it's supposed to, it's kind of ghetto looking. They need to redesign it. Slim it down and make it look futuristic, not like a 1950's dragster. Those flames and that color scheme doesn't work.

Originally posted by Duckzilla
Lol, best comment so far.

You're right about that.....I'd probly tape mine up. Either that or make it so bright in my case that you couldn't see a thing.....including that ugly-ass card. ;)

I bet it wouldnt look to bad with a green heatsink, on a red motherboard around christmas.

Other than that, if its not mid/low end (if even) the green pcb is way outa style "thats like, like, so 80's my gosh!"

says on the source site that the pcb is going to be blue, but that hsf is still pretty awful no matter what color the pcb is.

Back