Speakers next to LCD???

gar818

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, i know this has been answered, and im pretty sure it doesnt matter for LCD's, but back in the day it wasnt a good idea to have speakers next to crt monitors, how does this apply to LCD's, i have the BenQ G2400W monitor, great monitor by the way, i want to know if its a bad idea to have my speakers right next to the LCD, i have the LOGITECH Z-5500 speakers, thanks in advance.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I got Klipsch 5.1's banging right under my lcd about 2 feet below. and my pc with 6 hdd's 2 feet to the left of that. Nothings dead yet so I guess its ok.. and todays speakers are shielded magnetically so dont worry about the "banding?" problems that magnets used to do to crts

correct me if im wrong anyone~

LCD displays are unaffected by magnetic fields, so your speakers are just fine next to your monitor.

Also, as a practical matter, speakers like the Logitechs are magnetically shielded so you can place them next to CRTs if you like.

LCD displays are unaffected by magnetic fields, so your speakers are just fine next to your monitor.

Exactly right. CRT monitors (Cathode Ray Tube) used an electron gun at the back of the monitor to fire electons at the back of the glass screen which made it glow, the mechanism was controlled by magnetic fields and as such putting anythnig else which creates a magnetic fields next to it altered the aim of the gun. LCD's work in a different way which doesn't require the use of magnetic fields and as such cannot be effected by them.

Most good speakers are well shielded anyhow.

Had to move my subwoofer to another room. When it was under the desk, the electro-acoustic field was so strong the whole desk would shake and the LCD vibrated so hard all the magic pixel dust fell out of it. Be careful to not disturb the magic pixel dust. When it falls out, you can never put it back in.

Back