Specs for Doom3

Fx02

Limp Gawd
I'm currently debating whether or not I should buy D3 for my laptop. There's been couple of threads that dicuss compatiablity w/ playing D3. So my question is: Does anyone out there own Alienware Notebook Area-51m w/ the current specs:
P4 3.2ghz HT
1GB DDR
Nvidia Go-FX 5600
60GB 8MB cache

If so, how well does D3 handle. Will it be worth it for me to install it on my notebook at get the results as a desktop or somewhat similar? If anyone could respond ASAP it would be great! i'm planning on going to Gamestop tonight and grabbing me a copy.

Anyone?

]]]]
]]]]]]
]]]]]]]]
]]]]]]]]]]
]]]]]]]]]]]
]]]]]
]]]]]
]]]]]
]]]]]

oh man o man...go bu thr game

i started like 15 threads here and in the mobile computing..asking if my laptop would work with this game...

my specs are half as good as yours...

2.8 celeron
ati radeon 9000 IGP (64 mb SHARED)
448 RAM (coz the graphics card took 64)

and im running the game on 800x600 on HIGH detail at 20 fps

on medium detail, i am above 25...

so you should be like..perfect also alienware notebooks are notoriuos for handling this type of stuff.

But maybe, you should just LOOK IT UP. Just like you told me when I asked ou for help earlier.

Thanks for the tip. Besides don't your undies up in a bunch, I was just messing w/ you. However, you're right in that respect about you asking for help. This should be a place where knowledge is open for everyone. I really do appreciate you're advice.

Since you scratched my back, i'll scratch yours. Irfanview is a free utility that will open up all graphic files. Check it out:
http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Does anyone have problems running d3 w/ my current specs?

ComputerBox34 said:
Go buy the game, you'll be fine.

I'm not going to pay $60 for a game that going to run shitty on my laptop. I made that mistake once by purchasing FarCry. Although, the game is kick ass it didn't run well on my laptop, I got nothing but page tear. With that being said, I need feeback w/ people who currently relate to my specs.

Thanks!

I don't know how the Go5600 relates to the desktop version, but I have a vanilla 5600 128MB and I run at 800x600 medium detail at 30fps and the experience is enjoyable. I of course wish I could go higher, but it by no means sucks (at least for me). I can run some benchmarks with different settings and take screenshots if you like. I already did a few here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=787771 though I guess no-one liked the idea. :( I have 1GB of RAM now as well.

Back