speedfan & other utilities not registering fans

paymepunk

Limp Gawd
I've looked at a few utilities on my computer and none of them seem to be able to detect the fans connected to my mobo. is there a program that will show me what they are doing, as well as possiblly allow me to control them.

i got the A64 2800+
Chaintech sk8t800
1gb corsair value select ram.
2 x 120 gb 7200 rm drives on raid 0

speed fan detects and registers the temps in my HDD's but nothing else. Is there a new bios too flash oor something? Uber Noober here asking foor some help.

Thanks.

In your BIOS is should list them near your temperatures. Otherwise, are the fans RPM monitoring fans? (the third yellow wire usually means monitoring)

I'm gonna bet that the fans are non-monitoring fans. Do you have only 2 wires coming out of your fans (black and red)?

yeah, but my i also cannot find any temps in the bios, which i thought was very strange. i put the same fans into my other comp[uter and they all registered in speedfan. these are the same ones i put into the new computer. thats why i think it would be the bios or something.

Maybe speedfan isn't compatible with the type of sensor built into your mobo?

any other additional programs that might be. its the chaintech that came with the far cry combo a while back. SK8T800

Back