Spore Creature Creator

half the planets are gonna be filled with walking penises from what im seeing so far XD

Going to be one of the major drawbacks of the distributed species model. I sincerely hope there is a way to flag a particular species as offensive and have it removed from your game client at the least, and removed from the system wide database at best.

Pollute your own game with childish creatures, sure, but don't do it in a manner that will subject everyone else to your immaturity.

Going to be one of the major drawbacks of the distributed species model. I sincerely hope there is a way to flag a particular species as offensive and have it removed from your game client at the least, and removed from the system wide database at best.

Pollute your own game with childish creatures, sure, but don't do it in a manner that will subject everyone else to your immaturity.

I do recall them saying in one of the demonstrations that you will be able to specify who you pull content from.

Actually from everything I have read the $10 will not be applied to the purchase of the game.

The EA UK store says you will, you just have to pre-order from EA:
* You will be sent a coupon code to the value of £4.99 following the release of the Spore Creature Creator. Once the main Spore game is available for pre-order on EA Store, add it to your basket and enter the code in the relevant field to claim back the cost of the Spore Creature Creator (£4.99).

Link. Could be different for the US version; they're not selling creature creator until the 18th so I can't be certain.

I played around with it for a bit and it is definitely interesting. However, I will be damned if EA gets any extra money out of me just to twiddle around with a small portion of the full game for a few months.

From what I gather the downloadable version, (at least the leget version,) is just a demo of the creature creator; the one you buy $10 usd and some places are offering $10 off a preorder of the full game which makes the creature creator a wash.

Could someone clear all this up for me? I know the DEMO of the Creature Creator is available as of today (or earlier if you checked on Bit Torrent), but when exactly does the full Creature Creator become available for purchase in stores? Is it Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday?

I am sure this game will sell enormously well. I kind of lost interest in this game a while back though.

Anyone having problems with the Creature Creator crashing back to the desktop after it loads and shows the E for Everyone screen. Might be a resolution problem, its 800x600, then tries to change to my native resolution when it crashes.

Anyone having problems with the Creature Creator crashing back to the desktop after it loads and shows the E for Everyone screen. Might be a resolution problem, its 800x600, then tries to change to my native resolution when it crashes.

I had the same problem. It was the downloader trying to do something in the background that was crashing the client. I uninstalled it and it was fine.

I've killed so much time on this I shudder to think about the full release. :D
{none are to scale}
2muchtime.jpg

Great, I saved some cool creatures, but they all got dumped the next time I started the game. How annoying :(

so i pre-ordered it last night.... where they heck do i download it???

the download manager is blank.... ???

If you pre-ordered the digital download, you should be getting (or have already) an email with the download link.

I'm so pissed! I downloaded it and it won't work on my machine. It crashes after the splash screen. :mad:

I should be able to run it... P4 2.8 Ghz, 1.5 Gigs of ram, ATI Radeon x800xl with catalyst 8.6 drivers, up to date direct x, plenty of hard drive space, and everything i've tried it crashes right after it says Maxis.

Not sure what to do now.... luckily it works on my wifes laptop.

I'm so pissed! I downloaded it and it won't work on my machine. It crashes after the splash screen. :mad:

I should be able to run it... P4 2.8 Ghz, 1.5 Gigs of ram, ATI Radeon x800xl with catalyst 8.6 drivers, up to date direct x, plenty of hard drive space, and everything i've tried it crashes right after it says Maxis.

Not sure what to do now.... luckily it works on my wifes laptop.

Did you try reading the tips in this thread?

What, you've never seen Superbad?

Well yeah and I'll admit that part was funny. I just never expected so many people on the [H] to be so excited to make and play with penis inspired creatures. Shows what I know. :p

I guess my penis was too good for its own good. Youtube deleted the video, yet left hundreds of other lower-ranked penis videos up there.

Did you try reading the tips in this thread?

Apparently I missed the tip about deleting the EA downloader. I tried that and everything is happy now.

Thanks for having me go back and look!

Now... the Spermosaurus is complete! I need to find out how to link pictures... can I link from my computer, or do I need to post on a site then link?

Did anybody make a creature that looks like an ordinary inanimate item such as (looks 'round the room)... a printer, or a... picture frame? Alarm clock? Kleenex box?

Back