Spy Photos

A large, black iPod dock. Wake me up when there are specs and a picture that's better than that. Can barely see it.

WTF is it with docks on everything you own. Nifty toaster oven with built in ipod dock....check out this tire pressure guage with built in ipod dock.....new mcdonalds super-sized drink now with ipod dock BUILT IN! What's next? Double-headed force feedback dildo w/ ipod dock! :)

Sigh I like my viral marketing to be at least a little bit opaque. But I guess I'll participate in the charade:

Looks tantalizing and looking forward to the reveal.

If the source has earned credibility, then it's not because of the pictures he/she has submitted.

I am really curious as to the 'very unique features.' And I won't even talk about the I-dock.
Maybe it's a decoy?

It'd be nice if there was a way to eliminate all cabling. Now THAT is a unique feature! :D

On the top in front of the iphone, it looks like an opening...could be for optical drive, or maybe its a hdd docking station (similar to thermaltake's blacX)

Also, this really looks like a rendered image. there seem to be slits (prob for cooling) under the "lcd" (which would be promising as a touch screen).

Not into the glossy look, though. This seems way out there for BFG. Also, the rounded corners look cheap. They remind me too much of an HP (which may be where they're getting their inspiration from).

All I know is that I won't be buying it... DIY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trolls seem to be out in large groups tonight! Kyle runs this show if he deems it worthy of a post it probably was, after all this wouldnt be here without him so show some fucking respect. BFG has been great to all of us, and you pass judgement on the quality of a product based on a grainy picture that shows one angle of a prototype product? lol

I first started following this website back in 2000, and to be honest, this is the first time I witness a complete lack of respect for freedom of speech coming from its own staff.

The same way that you have the right to put up "your thread", ppl have as much right to come here and express how they feel about it.

If you can't deal with criticism, I suggest you quit doing what you're doing and go find your own country to take over.

No wonder this country is going down the drain... :rolleyes:
And worse still, all the brown-nosing displayed by some.

One line comes to mind "Either you are with us or you are against us."

I mean, HardOCP IS an authority in the field, but still.
Especially in this case where all we've seen is a hard to distinguish piece of hardware, and then everybody is supposed to be all excited. Call me cynical, but I am definitely not "buying" until I know more about the "unique features" of this gizmo.

Until proven otherwise, the staff are still constituted of mortals. Unless...!
Back in 99 when I found this site, it was kinda laid back. Not quite so anymore.
Where shall we build the golden calf?

Lets give Kyle the benefit of the doubt, and assume he had a rough day.

And worse still, all the brown-nosing displayed by some...

Back in 99 when I found this site, it was kinda laid back. Not quite so anymore.

That made me chuckle ;P Kinda is that way with any figureheads/authoritative figures though. It is afterall a private website and kyle could if he so chose ban everyone who didn't upload a JPG of themselves kneeling three times a day towards texas and praying... ;P

Back to the guessing game though: I'm guessing PC with integrated ipod dock for easily/quickly uploading files, and a plain ol' run of the mill LCD to make the rich kids buy it and a full assortment of GTX280's / Core i7 to get the e-peeners to lust over it.

It is afterall a private website and kyle could if he so chose ban everyone who didn't upload a JPG of themselves kneeling three times a day towards texas and praying... ;P
Sure is, but his previous response was kinda inappropriate. I mean, after all, it's Kyle Bennett. :D Must have been a rough day.

Back to the guessing game though: I'm guessing PC with integrated ipod dock for easily/quickly uploading files, and a plain ol' run of the mill LCD to make the rich kids buy it and a full assortment of GTX280's / Core i7 to get the e-peeners to lust over it.

Question is, how much functionality will it offer if you don't have an Ipod?
I personally don't own one, nor do I plan on getting one anytime soon.

A "run of the mill LCD"? Bah! What is so unique about it??:D
How 'bout a touchscreen that monitors and controls overclocking frequencies, temperature readings of memory, gpus, cpus, fan speeds. Now boot options instead of messing with bootable media. Load it from a USB stick onto some sort of onboard memory, and have an OS selector let you chose which partition and what OS to start.
AMAZING... what else? What else??

NB If anyone decides to sell something like described above, be warned... I WANT MY CUT!!! :D

I'm guessing a media center PC of some sort, with an Apple dock, some hotswap bays, and a front touchscreen for operation.

I'm guessing a media center PC of some sort, with an Apple dock, some hotswap bays, and a front touchscreen for operation.
HOTSWAP BAYS... that's it! Add it to the list!!! It's taking shape!!!!

HEY, hold on a minute! We're feeding the monster!!!! It's a ploy to squeeze out neat features and ideas out of us!!! By the time we're done, they'll have a killer product!!!
It's a consumer survey in disguise!!!

HOTSWAP BAYS... that's it! Add it to the list!!! It's taking shape!!!!

HEY, hold on a minute! We're feeding the monster!!!! It's a ploy to squeeze out neat features and ideas out of us!!! By the time we're done, they'll have a killer product!!!
It's a consumer survey in disguise!!!

behh

Given an hour and something to draw in, I could probably design a full case with the above and fifty-thousand other amazing features - and I'm sure there's people with two-hundred times my talent working for the big companies.:)

It does. But it's not.

Oh yeah? Prove it. Post wire frames (see what i did is demand wire frames like it would prove it's real; but it would really prove it is just a render. Oh how devious I am and you are none the wiser... )

In all seriousness though, good to hear some confirmation. Also good to see you even agreed it looked rendery and wasn't just my tin foil hat.

A large, black iPod dock. Wake me up when there are specs and a picture that's better than that. Can barely see it.

WTF is it with docks on everything you own. Nifty toaster oven with built in ipod dock....check out this tire pressure guage with built in ipod dock.....new mcdonalds super-sized drink now with ipod dock BUILT IN! What's next? Double-headed force feedback dildo w/ ipod dock! :)

You should blame the millions upon millions of people buying ipods for the emergence of "dock mania". Shoot, my toilet got a dock right by the level just in case, I need to listen to Britany Spears while I drop off the kids at the pool. My condoms got a dock, just in case I need to enhance the mood, nah mean? Vibrating Romance music FTW!

All seriousness, I think the dock is pretty nifty depending on ho wthey implement it. If it's there for easy syncing, and to be able to let you watch ipodded videos on your LCD, I'm all for it. Just make sure it knows how to handle the iPod Touch and allow us to actually navigate shit.

In all seriousness though, good to hear some confirmation. Also good to see you even agreed it looked rendery and wasn't just my tin foil hat.

Haha... yeah. I know what it is (but have to stop there, so don't ask me) but when I saw the picture on [H] I was like "WTF?" Really freaky photo, but it is a photo. No wire frames or renders. CAD drawings... yes. But those don't look anything like a render. :D

Unlike any other visitor or privileged member you have a reputation to defend.
Regardless of how low, irrelevant, or simply stupid one's criticism is, I'd venture to say the right to boot someone is still preferable to the "get the f#$%@ out of my thread" line. Can you do it? Heck yeah! But you're the editor in chief and owner of HardOCP, not a high-school teen-run website.

For all intents and purposes you should've not posted that picture, because it's exactly what caused most of the discord. Not what you heard from the reliable source. It looks like that picture was taken in the dark without a camera. :D

It's fair to say, that what you - as editor in chief of HardOCP - say has more weight than that crappy shot in "the dark" when it comes to computer hardware.

Will I wait on further information on that gizmo? Yes! Will I wager based on what that picture revealed? Let's not get into that.

I first started following this website back in 2000, and to be honest, this is the first time I witness a complete lack of respect for freedom of speech coming from its own staff.

The same way that you have the right to put up "your thread", ppl have as much right to come here and express how they feel about it.

If you can't deal with criticism, I suggest you quit doing what you're doing and go find your own country to take over.

You voted for B'rack didn't you.......blahhhhhh......everybody should be "equal".:eek::eek:

Anyway......that Black Edition CoolerMaster deal looks pretty sweet.......not to take anything away from the spy photo BFG ipod thingy.:D

You sir are ignorant.

Freedom of speach does not apply to private party domains and the Hard forum is Kyles domain, we are but guests who visit.

You sir are ignorant.

Freedom of speach does not apply to private party domains and the Hard forum is Kyles domain, we are but guests who visit.

It's also important to note, that without us this place is nothing. There needs to be somewhat of a mutual respect on both sides of the fence. This place is a business, and without a customer, doesn't go anywhere.

Haha... yeah. I know what it is (but have to stop there, so don't ask me) but when I saw the picture on [H] I was like "WTF?" Really freaky photo, but it is a photo. No wire frames or renders. CAD drawings... yes. But those don't look anything like a render. :D

We promise that if you post some of your known secrets about the project here that we will not tell anybody what you say.

And you're obviously a moron whose balls haven't dropped yet...

Well hey, you have more experience with folks that have not had their balls drop yet, so I will leave it at that. :eek:

I love it when the high and mighty come join me in the muck. ;)

It's also important to note, that without us this place is nothing. There needs to be somewhat of a mutual respect on both sides of the fence. This place is a business, and without a customer, doesn't go anywhere.

Grow a sense of humor where your penis should be and come back in a year and see if you laugh at any of this. :rolleyes: Some of you guys need to check your panties and slippers at the door before you come into this house of ill-reproach and non-politically correct environment. Either that or get your Mom from upstairs to slap a bit of toughness into you next time you go up for a PB and J.

I think that Kyle's intial response was probably due to the people bitching about him posting this pic and it just being virual marketing being done by BFG by [H]. Look at the post before Kyle then read his, seems like a valid reply to me. So in that regards I have to agree with him. Its the same as any other thread where people bitch about why are you posting this shit... If you don't like the content of a article or thread then don't waste your time on it, there are plenty of other threads/topics on the forum, if you don't like the content of the site then leave.

Thats where I think your wrong. without the forums hardocp.com would continue posting kick ass reviews that 1,000's of people a day (probably 1,000's an hour) would continue to read.

The forums are a place for a bunch of hardware geeks to talk shit, and for Kyle to lay the smack down from time to time, but arent what keeps hardocp "in business"

And worse still, all the brown-nosing displayed by some.

One line comes to mind "Either you are with us or you are against us."

I mean, HardOCP IS an authority in the field, but still.
Especially in this case where all we've seen is a hard to distinguish piece of hardware, and then everybody is supposed to be all excited. Call me cynical, but I am definitely not "buying" until I know more about the "unique features" of this gizmo.

Lets give Kyle the benefit of the doubt, and assume he had a rough day.

Shens. If either of you had been around since 99 or 00 you would know this place has gotten much mellower over the years. Good god, the old days would have turned you guys into inspiration for Edvard Munch. So why don't you guys just take a chill pill, k?

... So why don't you guys just take a chill pill, k?

I will not speak for the other guy, but what was it I need to take the "chill pill" for?

EVEN IF I lashed out stupidly at anyone and especially the moderator, I am sure the editor in chief can handle it on his own, as he is judge, jury and executioner in this jurisdiction.

Besides, sarcasm and humor are not symptoms that call for the use of the "chill pill".

Lastly, and in the interest of clarification, "the brown-nosing remark" stands!

Can we please get back to whats important here.....

This BFG double ended dildo w/Ipod dock... is it going to have a lifetime warranty?

Yeah! Kyle said he'd have some more info on the gizmo after the weekend. What's the status?

Can we please get back to whats important here.....

This BFG double ended dildo w/Ipod dock... is it going to have a lifetime warranty?

I think it depends on the depth of insertion.

The slick willies at TweakTown have posted up a blurb about BFG's new line of HTPC style systems.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/10852/bfg_to_display_its_first_full_gaming_pc_at_ces/index.html

Includes a nice pic of the entire case, albeit still one taken in the dark without a camera.

;)

Place the case up high and you can't reach the dock. Put it down low, you can't operate the touchscreen.

Hm....

Also seems to have gained the fast-becoming-ubiquitous sealed watercooling system, presumably the Asetek found in the HP Blackbird and others.

Can't wait to see what's on the inside.

Back