Spy Pics: Gigabyte X58A-UD9 has 7 PCI-E x16 Slots

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whoa, now this is a motherboard! I am not even sure what I would do with the Gigabyte X58A-UD9 and all seven of those PCI-E x16 slots but I am sure I can come up with something! Hit the link for more info.

Would make a nice folding board but the upcoming SR-2 is a better option (even if it is made by our dreaded #2...EVGA)...more PPD, less power draw.

With -bigadv, gpu folding has really hit a decline. Averaging $ to PPD, building i7's is the best scenario (which is what many of us [H]orde members have done). :D

'bout time a motherboard was released with all PCI-E slots; I never seem to have enough of them.

whats the best single slot folding gpu? and not for folding, are there any single-slot 5XXXs out yet?

'bout time a motherboard was released with all PCI-E slots; I never seem to have enough of them.
Asus P6T7 has that and was released quite some time ago. It isn't some proprietary form factor either...

7x gtx480's with water cooling... order now and recive a discount on a personal nuclear reactor

It's certified for both Crossfire and SLI. I wonder if this board is like the ASUS P6T7 board, which had the nf200 chips. That said, adding those mf200 chips did add latency if i recall correctly.

whats the best single slot folding gpu? and not for folding, are there any single-slot 5XXXs out yet?

Technically it's probably the single slot 260 that Galaxy came out with.
The easiest to find would probably be an 8800GT unless you can find one of the older variants like the 9600GSO.

Whoa, now this is a motherboard! I am not even sure what I would do with the Gigabyte X58A-UD9 and all seven of those PCI-E x16 slots but I am sure I can come up with something! Hit the link for more info.

any idea what the slot configurations are electrically? it wasn't mentioned unless I missed it

Finally, I have been waiting for a motherboard that has nothing but PCIe slots for peripheral support.

I DEMAND that AMD release tetradec-Crossfire support so I can crossfire my 7 5970s

They have 2x NF200 chips onboard just like the EVGA e762 and Asus P6T7 before it, this is nothing ground breaking here guys:confused:

7x gtx480's with water cooling... order now and recive a discount on a personal nuclear reactor

If you can make 7 480's fit, 7 double PCI slot hogging 480's....methinks not.

Now 7 single PCI slot cards, or water cooled maybe...just need a driver to handle that many.

If you can make 7 480's fit, 7 double PCI slot hogging 480's....methinks not.

Now 7 single PCI slot cards, or water cooled maybe...just need a driver to handle that many.

watercooling cuts the slot useage down to 1 does it not?

would be uber PPU machine

I wonder how many rads you would need? 3x triple units?

No, don't think so, the backplate of the GTX is still dual slot.... would require some careful dremel work to get that to be single slot. And then tell me you would run all 7 of those at 100 percent load on 1 cooling loop????? Hell on 2 cooling loops.... I think even 3 cards per loop could be boarder line... 5 loops to do the whole system.

#1 for the CPU/X58 and if they use an NF200 or 2.
#2 for boards 1-2
#3 for boards 3-4
#4 for boards 5-6
#5 for boards 7 and maybe if it used 2 nf200's put one of them from loop one here..

We know that these cards idle crazy hot, and run even hotter, I wouldn't feel safe with more than 2 cards per loop.... We already know that nVidia fudged when they said it drew 250watts..... when measured it was close to 350 and any OC pushed it over 400 per card... thats massive heat to deal with.

I think having 4 fermi's would be an issue let alone 7.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any dual fermi cards for a long time if EVER because of the power fiasco....

That's no doubt an awesome board, especially for folding. On my normal use/gaming rig though I do like to keep some legacy love around.

Damn, I know it's just a B&W shot, but if that were actually the colour scheme *drools*

They have 2x NF200 chips onboard just like the EVGA e762 and Asus P6T7 before it, this is nothing ground breaking here guys:confused:

so in other words bandwidth wise its basically going to be something like 5 X8 slots, that NF200 has not shown to do much of anything except make the specs look bigger. it can even induce a slight performance hit. The only thing this is going to do is cost more

No, don't think so, the backplate of the GTX is still dual slot.... would require some careful dremel work to get that to be single slot. And then tell me you would run all 7 of those at 100 percent load on 1 cooling loop????? Hell on 2 cooling loops.... I think even 3 cards per loop could be boarder line... 5 loops to do the whole system.

#1 for the CPU/X58 and if they use an NF200 or 2.
#2 for boards 1-2
#3 for boards 3-4
#4 for boards 5-6
#5 for boards 7 and maybe if it used 2 nf200's put one of them from loop one here..

We know that these cards idle crazy hot, and run even hotter, I wouldn't feel safe with more than 2 cards per loop.... We already know that nVidia fudged when they said it drew 250watts..... when measured it was close to 350 and any OC pushed it over 400 per card... thats massive heat to deal with.

I think having 4 fermi's would be an issue let alone 7.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any dual fermi cards for a long time if EVER because of the power fiasco....
You could do it all on one loop. Just use a garden hose for tubing, an industrial grade pump, and three car radiators for cooling. :D

You all do realise that theres only 2 cases that will fit this MB. One is a Lian-Li PC-80, the other as a series of Thermaltakes that I won't even take the time to look up. It requires a 10 PCI slot case and these are the only ones that I know of.

i really like this board and am thinking about using it for my htpc build. anyone know if it has onboard graphics? i would need hdmi.

I cannot imagine the kind of power just the board takes. The two 8-pin spots at the top left and the 4-pin molex at the bottom lead me to believe even my 100W toughpower will not be enough... *sigh*... Still waiting for the right upgrade.

I wonder if 3x of those new asus dual 5870 cards could fit in there, and if so, would they work in hexfire configuration

Hopefully it's in the sub $300 price range, cost is the onlything preventing me from buying the boards already on the market. I don't think I can justify $400+ for a MB.

You all do realise that theres only 2 cases that will fit this MB. One is a Lian-Li PC-80, the other as a series of Thermaltakes that I won't even take the time to look up. It requires a 10 PCI slot case and these are the only ones that I know of.

I thought there was something suspicious about this board. Now I'm almost positive that the if the board is real (and not a photochop), it does not adhere to ATX specs.

7 full slots on an ATX board puts the first slot directly next to the I/O panel and the edge of the memory slots. The clearance in that first slot on an ATX board would require you to remove the video card to change RAM. It's the same reason Asus started using RAM slots that only clip on one side. I am fairly certain that an ATX board with 7 full slots would also require the northbridge and CPU socket moved near to the top edge of the board.

Now if they would get rid of that hideous skyblue/white scheme, I'd buy one.

Back