Squeling noise upon shutdown of Asus Rampage Formula

JimmyNeutron

Weaksauce
Hi,
Does anyone notice a somewhat squeling noise as the power turns completely off during a shutdown using this motherboard? Is this normal for this MB? My Intel 975BX2 doesn't have this noise upon shutdown.

It's like it's taking its last breath of air before it dies out.

Power supply I'm using is a Corsair HX620.

Thanks!

Hrmm, sorta kinda related, I don't have that mobo, but my current P5K-Dlx system in my sig kinda does the same thing. My system doesn't beep, but when I shut down, there's this weird noise that comes from my system. I could never figure out where it's coming from. We both have the same PSU, but that's about it, and I don't think it's coming from where my PSU is, it always seems to be more near the center front, couldn't figure if it was the mobo or some weird case thing. I guess I'll know if it's the mobo when this system heads for the scrap-heap on Friday, putting in a DFI LT X48.

Thanks! I don't think it's the power supply either and sound seems to be coming from the MB. I have the same PS for my Intel D975BX2 and it doesn't make the sound. Weird part is last night when I shutdown, I didn't hear the noise.

I'm going to see if I can isolate where the noise is coming from. Maybe pop out the sound card and see if the noise is still there. I bet the noise is coming from the onboard speaker that beeps during a post/post-failure test when the system is shutdown.

Restart doesn't cause noise as there is still a continuous supply of power to the system as oppose to shutting down.

Is the 8800GTX the one with the speaker built into it? If so, its probably the low power warning going off when the system is going down.

Back