SSD RMA issue

insane111

Limp Gawd
Wasn't sure where to ask this, sorry!

So in short
*I need to RMA my Sandisk extreme 240gb SSD, purcased last year. I assume I need to get a copy of the invoice as usual
*I can't for the life of me remember where I bought it, checked the usual suspects (Amazon/Egg)

So the question if anyone knows, is it possible for Sandisk or anyone to track down the vendor based on the serial number, or some other identifier on the drive itself?
(I don't have the package, just the physical drive).

Just search your email? This can't be that hard...

I typically don't keep order confs from over a year ag, that email is toast.

I did a search in the hotdeals section too just to make sure I wasn't directed to another site from there.

Next plan is maybe to dig through various credit card statements from the end of last year looking for online vendor names... ugh I don't want it to come to that :(

Last edited:
I typically don't keep order confs from over a year ag, that email is toast.

Now you've learned, never delete email ever. Just organize it into folders so you can find this stuff later. After email credit card statements are option number 2, but you still need to track down that invoice. If you use Gmail or a similar service, delete doesn't actually delete your mail and you can still search it and see it in "All Mail". Hotmail/Outlook.com DOES delete your mail.

Back