SSDNow V Series 40 GB SSD $83.96 FS

haha I love all these good SSD deals. By they time i can afford one maybe it will be 100gb for 100 bucks =)

Picked one up to match with the Kingston 40GB I bought during the Newegg deal. Heck $10 cheaper now than what I paid at launch (got my rebate back already too). Good stuff. SDD RAID0 here I come!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

yes, if your netbook accepts 2.5" HDDs (eg. dell mini 10). no, if your netbook requires something smaller (eg. dell mini 9).

Thank you very much!

Follow up to the retarded question: does this netbook accept 2.5" HDD: MSI Wind U123-033US

Product link only says 160 Hard drive but no mention of whether it is a 2.5" HDD.

This product link mentions there is no storage removable... does this mean I wont be able to remove the HD from the netbook?

Thank you again for all the help!

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

Follow up to the retarded question: does this netbook accept 2.5" HDD: MSI Wind U123-033US ...

http://www.msi.com/index.php?news_no=764&func=newsdesc

- Hard Drive with Massive Capacity
Unlike other competitors that have compromised the storage capacity to decrease in size, U123 series are equipped with the 2.5 inch standard hard drive〈80/120/160 GB〉*.It can operate just like regular notebooks without worrying limited storage capacity to save the greatest moments in life.
*The Actual Capacity of the hard drive is based on the actual model.

4/1 Newegg Shellshocker will include an Intel SSD drive.
Yes, though I'd say the chances of it reaching anywhere near this price are slim seeing as last time it was a Shell Shocker it only went down to $114 if I recall correctly

deal just died... went up to $99.99, for those who bought em for $75 congrats.

*gives himself a pat on the back :D

yours already shipped >,<... dang that was fast. I ordered with the free shipping to cut costs. Came out to be $151.12 for the two. Says it wont ship until April 5th... ugh

This was so tempting but I had to keep reminding myself that I had this very drive and it was way too slow.

lmao... im just glad I didn't wait till wednesday. me first ssds ... it'll be a fun new adventure :D

For sure. What's nice is that the price was so low that if we end up feeling it wasn't worth it, probably won't have too much trouble reselling for at least as much as we got em for :D

Sigh, oh well. Looks like my old 500GB WD AAKS is going to have to hold out a little bit longer... at least until 80 or 64 GB SSDs drop to this prices so I can have some RAID 0 funzzzzzzz. ~~~~ <3

Thanks OP! Was able to buy 2 at the reduced price and also picked up the silverstone adapter. Was trying to hold out from buying SSD drives until they were cheaper, but will now have 3 (bought the Super Talent 64GB drive from a few days back also).

Yes, though I'd say the chances of it reaching anywhere near this price are slim seeing as last time it was a Shell Shocker it only went down to $114 if I recall correctly

True but as we all can see the prices are coming down so let's hope for the best.:D

Hmmmm anyone know how much space a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit would take on this 40gb drive?

Be great if I can get Windows / Apps / 2-3 games installed on this, and put everything else on my 2x Raid-0 setup for a storage drive.

Thanks OP! Was able to buy 2 at the reduced price and also picked up the silverstone adapter. Was trying to hold out from buying SSD drives until they were cheaper

LOL exactly what I bought...the 2 SSD 3.5 bay adapter is perfect for what we are going to do! :)

Also I bought these about 30 minutes before it died...it has already shipped :D

[H]'er;1035524414 said:
too slow???

Yeah, I came to the conclusion that I might as well stay with mechanical drives until X25-m or Vertex drives come down in price. The writes are too slow on this drive for my purposes.

when it comes to SSDs, raid performance is just more apparent than your conventional drive. I wasn't kidding when i said that at the price they were selling it for, it would be silly to buy either the 80gb or 160gb x25m-g2

You buy 4 of those and run it in raid0, that would blow away the 160gb X25m G2 and it would be a lot cheaper.

ugh... i just had to pick the poor mans shipping... now i have to wait forever these. amazon estimates that i'll get these the middle of next month ...

when it comes to SSDs, raid performance is just more apparent than your conventional drive. I wasn't kidding when i said that at the price they were selling it for, it would be silly to buy either the 80gb or 160gb x25m-g2

You buy 4 of those and run it in raid0, that would blow away the 160gb X25m G2 and it would be a lot cheaper.

Except trim isn't supported in raid, and if you're running an AMD southbridge, raid is a complete joke.

QFT

HDtune1.png

Just got mine in! First time I've actually seen an SSD drive, really cool, really neat packaging too. I'll report back if the trim flashing is an issue.

I ordered before it dropped to $75 or I would have gotten a 2nd too.

McG

someone should make a separate thread for this drive :D

curious to see how others firmware updating go

someone should make a separate thread for this drive :D

curious to see how others firmware updating go

its a piece of cake. on my amd board, i had to uninstall the nvidia storage drivers to get the intel software to recognize the drive. that was my only snag.

Back