Sssssstudda!

so_cal_forever

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I got HL2 but I've been being pissed off lately. The studdering is every few seconds and makes part of the airboat mission almost impossible. This is after:{
-Defragging
-Installing the patch thats supposed to fix the studdering
-Freeing up resources
-Lowering some settings

And nothing works!!! Valve really needs to get off their asses and solve this one. Besides the studdering, this is an awesome and addicting game...

and in other breaking news, abraham lincoln was shot and killed some 140 years ago

Hmm.. I've got pretty much same settings except an extra 512 of the same RAM. And run @ 1280x1024 w/ most high settings. I think it's your computer... not Valve :rolleyes:

Luxor said:
Hmm.. I've got pretty much same settings except an extra 512 of the same RAM. And run @ 1280x1024 w/ most high settings. I think it's your computer... not Valve :rolleyes:

Yes and no. Yes, there is something wrong because he shouldn't have constant studder. Have you downloaded the patch yet? But a bit of studder during levels loads/auto saves continues to be a problem, a problem, a problem. Come to West World...
:p

installing the patch? you never have to install a patch if you use steam, it installs it for you., unless you got the pirated version.

Patch was installed when Steam told me to bend over and take it.

It's not my system either. IIRC [H]'s SLI testing with HL2 had the studdering. Other people at the steampowered forums with prime systems have the studdering about as bad as I do.

*Takes note on michaelo's post* :D

Back