stalker delayed till may 2005

They said Q1 2005, this just gives you the exact time of the quarter not really a delay.

The company said that it plans to release three new original titles in the fiscal 2006 first quarter. Pandemic Studios' "Destroy All Humans!(TM)" and "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl" from GSC Game World are now scheduled to ship in April and May of 2005

read the sentence from the press release carefully. destroy all humans AND stalker = april AND may. stalker = may. may != 1st quarter.

doh-nut said:
read the sentence from the press release carefully. destroy all humans AND stalker = april AND may. stalker = may. may != 1st quarter.

I would hardly consider a "Q1 of 2005" possible release date to a "firm" May 2005 release date delaying. More like: they're finally getting close enough to finishing to be able to correctly estimate the release date.

Well bummer. I'm really looking forward to this game. Just hate waiting. :p I was hoping that it would be released fairly early in 2005 though, since it would be like a constant stream of great PC games coming out in a row(Doom 3, Half-Life 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) etc. Oh well. We'll see.

stalker seems prety inovative in it's game play. but do you think it wil be more entretaining gameplay wise than half life 2? i mean half life 2 with the phisics and mods, compared to stalker, a game witch will probably wont have many mods or wont need mods.

in a way i think they might be a slight diference in its replay value, that being leaned more towards stalker, since its suposedly more non linear with it's own twist of sci-fi. but the whole charm of half life is the story line, wich i find to be entretaining, compared to stalker wich is based off a critical time in history, and as you know, sometimes the truh can not only be stranger than fiction but also more entretaining.
either way i have hope for both of this games and look forward to them.

:p :D

that sucks.

let the next news we hear be "STALKER goes gold" sometime in april 05.

XxMe_LoCoxX said:
stalker seems prety inovative in it's game play. but do you think it wil be more entretaining gameplay wise than half life 2? i mean half life 2 with the phisics and mods, compared to stalker, a game witch will probably wont have many mods or wont need mods.

you haven't seen the physics demos for Stalker have you? It too has amazing physics. Your comment also seems to make it sound as if HL2 will only be good because of the mods. Sorry, but I'd rather play a game that doesn't need mods to be good opposed to one that does :) There are a few exceptions of course (Morrowind being one), but i think my point is made well enough.

I have a feeling HL2's gameplay will be very very linear. Sure you can solve simple problems in different ways, but you can't freely navigate City 17 and do as you please. You basically are following along a story.

in a way i think they might be a slight diference in its replay value, that being leaned more towards stalker, since its suposedly more non linear with it's own twist of sci-fi. but the whole charm of half life is the story line, wich i find to be entretaining, compared to stalker wich is based off a critical time in history, and as you know, sometimes the truh can not only be stranger than fiction but also more entretaining.
either way i have hope for both of this games and look forward to them.

Stalkers gameplay will most likely be very much like Morrowinds, only on a smaller scale. Stalker also isn't based directly off the events of the chernobyl incident, it basically has another melt down occur sometime in the near distance future. So while it's using the chernobyl incident for part of it's backstory, it's still working something "new" into it.

I too can't wait to see both these games out. It'll be good times, for sure. :)

NickTheNut said:
I would hardly consider a "Q1 of 2005" possible release date to a "firm" May 2005 release date delaying. More like: they're finally getting close enough to finishing to be able to correctly estimate the release date.

well then why don't you go take it up with IGN, and tell them they are poo poo heads for saying its a delay. christ..

you can call it whatever you want, but its a delay.

doh-nut said:
well then why don't you go take it up with IGN, and tell them they are poo poo heads for saying its a delay. christ..

you can call it whatever you want, but its a delay.

i think you should take it up w/ IGN ;)

Back