STALKER Graphic Question

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Who here has to use the Static Lighting to be able to play the game smoothly, I have to with my X850XT PE, especially on multiplayer.

I have the rest on High with 2xAA and it runs great but the lighting in the game sucks :(.

Cant wait to get my AMD 4800+/FX60 Dual Core/ ATi HD 2900XT in June/July :D

It plays smoothly with all the goodies turned on with my PC.

E6600
EVGA 8800GTS 640mb

"Smoothly" is a relative term when talking about stalker, will it produce good framerates at acceptable settings, the answer is yes. Will it skip every 3-5 seconds for no reason other than poor programing (currently), the answer undoubtedly will be yes.

I got an x1950pro ultimate, which should be good enuff for stalker for full dynamic lighting and atleast some AA, but it isnt, Atleast without the float 32 mod for it, and I have two gripes about it, indoor lighting and the fact that it takes forever when you first load it to go up to playable FPS.

Even with static lighting (DX8), AA maxed ingame (4x), 16x AA. it still lags in gunfights, I mean what does it have to be lagging about, even fear doesn't lag for me anymore.

Adding -no prefetch has been known to increase performance on some systems, most notably those using vista.

"<drive letter>:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\XR-3DA.exe"-no prefetch

I have 1.0003 patch installed, still laggs on other settings, wounder if the Dual Core alone would help out a little.

The game doesnt lagg for me at all when its on Static setting in game fights, I love the multiplayer of it, guns are awesome, you really have to focus on were people are shooting you from, static lighting does make it easier for you too spot the enemies, well at least for me.

GregP24

Did you install the right patch, there is a US version and Worldwide version (sometimes called International Version too), that might be the reason it kill the game if it lets you install them on either one.

Also if you are Canadian, make sure to get the US patch, and not the international patch.

Adding -no prefetch has been known to increase performance on some systems, most notably those using vista.

"<drive letter>:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\XR-3DA.exe"-no prefetch

I'm going to have to try that.

I get over 50 fps (2x AF and 4x AA I think) on Static Lighting on 1.2 patch. Haven't felt like trying again on 1.3 since I've beat it twice now. The only places I have ever had any trouble is whenever I enter the Bar or Army warehouse areas. My game pauses for about 45 seconds to load all the people. It's annoying esp with 2 gigs of ram but it's about the only problem I've ever really had besides a few crashes.

I get over 50 fps (2x AF and 4x AA I think) on Static Lighting on 1.2 patch. Haven't felt like trying again on 1.3 since I've beat it twice now. The only places I have ever had any trouble is whenever I enter the Bar or Army warehouse areas. My game pauses for about 45 seconds to load all the people. It's annoying esp with 2 gigs of ram but it's about the only problem I've ever really had besides a few crashes.

Mine doesn't do that. It just hitches briefly for like half a second.

Same with mine, although I haven't tried the -no prefetch myself yet.

Well I'm in the middle of resolving some issues with my system. I've also got to reload the OS and do everything else that goes along with that. Once I'm done I'll try it but that will probably be a couple of days away.

Well I'm in the middle of resolving some issues with my system. I've also got to reload the OS and do everything else that goes along with that. Once I'm done I'll try it but that will probably be a couple of days away.

I see you have an SLI system, do you have any problems with the "magic" of Sli, in stalker ?

Are you sure its -no(space)prefetch or -noprefetch (how I have it atm), if it works how you said it, mite explain why im still getting some issues that it should be fixing.

Are you sure its -no(space)prefetch or -noprefetch (how I have it atm), if it works how you said it, mite explain why im still getting some issues that it should be fixing.

Hmm well the first site saw the prefetch thing on said there was a space, but I just did a search and many sites have no space there. :confused:

Back