Stalker > Hl2 & D3

http://www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html

I've been watching this game as closely as I'm watching HL2 and as closely as I watched D3. I've seen all the preview videos and screen shots for all 3 games. This game just takes the cake. It looks better than HL2, D3, and Far Cry graphics wise and gameplay wise. (Far Cry had better graphics than D3, but that's just my opinion. ;) )

FluxCap said:
So you have played it???? Tell us how it was! :rolleyes:

I haven't played HL2 or D3. I'm just saying it looks better than those 2 from it's videos and gameplay footage.

BTW, this isn't a thread to argue. It's just to inform you of this game that looks so awesome.

hallucinated said:
BTW, this isn't a thread to argue. It's just to inform you of this game that looks so awesome.
You base a broad statement on, what, pretty pictures?

Regardless of what you intended, this is indeed a thread to argue in.

This might just be the next BIG game. Just read the info on their site.

Support for all second generation D3D compatible accelerators (TNT/Voodo2/etc), optimized for Geforce2 and up.

With such a wide range of hardware compatibility, this game could very well do it.

Ya know... I played the STALKER demo they had running at CPL. nVidia had two machines setup running multiplayer. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with it at all... I'm looking forward to it and HL2 now that Doom 3 is here and I will purchase both, but it just wasn't very impressive. The skies that they have spoken so highly about wasn't all that. The gameplay was just like anyother FPS on the market... The environment and textures looked good. It had a buy system like Counter Strike and weapon slots where you could only carry certain weapons. I'm partial about that aspect... One thing that really stood out to me was the weather effects... It started lightning then started sprinkling. After a few seconds it started to pour... Then all of a sudden it slacked off and the ground was wet. Now that was pretty cool...

Overall, I wish I would have spent more time with it to have a better feel for it, but I just couldn't drag myself away from Flat-Out. They should have the same setup at Quakecon next week and I'll make it a point to spend more time with it.

In before the horse gets beaten.... what the hell are you smoking? Screenshoots are not more fun than D3.

edit: Got side tracked while writing this up and now it seems horse already beaten and you've changed to a more speculative tone but still... no point. You sounded like wanking to screenies was better than a real game. Even if the wank was a good one, there would just be something a little too eerie about it. ;)

With the way people rave about STALKER, I have a feeling they are setting themselves up for a letdown. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Lol, well, it's just my opinion. You don't have to hate me for it. :p To me, it looks better than all the stuff from HL2 and D3. Sort of like a screenshot, video, and gameplay footage war to see who can stand out. Hahaha. ;)

What I want out of STALKER is a multiplayer game among players only (no monsters) at dusk, in the rain, in a large field, with the dynamic sky moving by quickly. If they can pull off a fun MP atmosphere like that, I will buy it.

FluxCap said:
What I want out of STALKER is a multiplayer game among players only (no monsters) at dusk, in the rain, in a large field, with the dynamic sky moving by quickly. If they can pull off a fun MP atmosphere like that, I will buy it.

So what happens when you find out it's only monsters in a big plain box with no windows, so no moving sky, and you have to run around with a board with a nail? :D

ehZn said:
So what happens when you find out it's only monsters in a big plain box with no windows, so no moving sky, and you have to run around with a board with a nail? :D
I will find that out first and not buy it if true! :)

FluxCap said:
With the way people rave about STALKER, I have a feeling they are setting themselves up for a letdown. Hopefully, I am wrong.
Similar things were said about Doom3. STALKER looks like a better game to me ... but, as as been said, its not out yet.

I agree that Stalker will be a great game but lets not pit it against Doom 3 and HL2 like that. You should have said "HL2 and Doom 3.... Stalker." All of these games rock so lets give them their credit.

Mincemeat said:
I agree that Stalker will be a great game but lets not pit it against Doom 3 and HL2 like that. You should have said "HL2 and Doom 3.... Stalker." All of these games rock so lets give them their credit.

Yea, you're right.

I am hoping STALKER will be a great game. It has potential but its still too early to tell.

You know... the pictures really don't even look all that great. Especially not after playing FarCry and Doom III. But, I'm sure I'll watch the videos and get a taste for the game.

hallucinated said:
I haven't played HL2 or D3. I'm just saying it looks better than those 2 from it's videos and gameplay footage.
Wait... so you are comparing 3 games that you haven't even played. Wow, I bet, you're one of those people who reviews a games at EBgames.com before they’re even released.

If a year ago I had started making claims, like yours, based on videos I probably would have said that Hegemonia and Deus Ex 2 were going to be great games. Yeah... look how they turned out? :rolleyes:

Hell, while we are at it… I think that Star Wars: Republic Commando is going to be better than Halo 2. :p
j/k
But do you see my point?

The only way they could ruin halo 2 is by putting that fucking cs riot shield into the game...

I think cs:source will be a slight indication of what hl2 will be like, and if it's anything like the demo videos, it's gonna be good.

It is a given this game is going to suck - how much more stupid can they make the mutant dogs look. Its just as bad as the trigens from Far Cry.

hallucinated said:

I always think that Stalker looks too bright and unrealistic in outdoor daytime environment. And the weapons lack the metal polish look. But, as long as it has great gameplay, I don't give a sh*t!

Back