Stalker patch 1.00003 is out

The patch addresses the following changes:

* Added some textures of certain objects (for technical purposes).
* Added console command 'sv_listmaps' to view the list of maps queue.
* Added the support for additional mouse buttons (now they can be bound to certain actions).
* Fixed bugs with player's character health bar in Multi-player.
* Fixed the crash upon making the screenshot to a saved game.
* Fixed the bug with standing dead bodies upon connecting to the game.
* Fixed inventory items placing system (Free for all and Team play modes).
* Fixed the enumeration of the game's version.
* Fixed the crash with using Numpad in some localizations.
* Fixed the crash on the level "Military warehouse".
* Fixed the crash while idling on the pause menu
* Fixed the crash in dialog with Professor Sakharov on the Yantar level.
* Fixed the storyline task "Meet with the Guide", now you can get it by searching Ghost's corpse.
* Fixed the bug with NPCs spawning in front of the player.
* Fixed the A-life reaction time. Now A-life spawns new NPCs more seldom. Also NPC movement speed is decreased when NPC are on different level then the player.
* Binary files are now compiled with large address aware flag that supports up to 3GB address space (relevant for Windows VistaT users).
* Added the possibility to record/play the camera fly-around ('demo_record'/'demo_play' commands). Now Stalker is ready for benchmarks.
* Fixed aspect ratio 16/9. Now the owners of the widescreen displays will have the benefit from greater viewing radius.
* Fixed various crashes with dedicated server.
* The network packets have been merged. This will make the ping reduce twice or more.
* The correctness of map name is now verified when changing the map using the console.
* Fixed the dragging of dead bodies by monsters.
* Now dumps will be saved upon the game crashes.
* Fixed the in-game patching system for all localizations.
* Fixed the problem with the exceedingly long players' names.
* Fixed textual problems for 16/9 video format.
* Fixed game freezing upon trying to connect to a different version.
* Fixed binocular Spectator crash.
* Fixed non-existent grenade launcher firing.
* Fixed players turning invisible when reduced to a minimal amount of health.
* Fixed pre-selected skin not allowing for player spawn.

I love how they leave room in the version number for a potential 99,999 patches. :D

The patch addresses the following changes:

* Added some textures of certain objects (for technical purposes).
* Added console command 'sv_listmaps' to view the list of maps queue.
* Added the support for additional mouse buttons (now they can be bound to certain actions).
* Fixed bugs with player's character health bar in Multi-player.
* Fixed the crash upon making the screenshot to a saved game.
* Fixed the bug with standing dead bodies upon connecting to the game.
* Fixed inventory items placing system (Free for all and Team play modes).
* Fixed the enumeration of the game's version.
* Fixed the crash with using Numpad in some localizations.
* Fixed the crash on the level "Military warehouse".
* Fixed the crash while idling on the pause menu
* Fixed the crash in dialog with Professor Sakharov on the Yantar level.
* Fixed the storyline task "Meet with the Guide", now you can get it by searching Ghost's corpse.
* Fixed the bug with NPCs spawning in front of the player.
* Fixed the A-life reaction time. Now A-life spawns new NPCs more seldom. Also NPC movement speed is decreased when NPC are on different level then the player.
* Binary files are now compiled with large address aware flag that supports up to 3GB address space (relevant for Windows VistaT users).
* Added the possibility to record/play the camera fly-around ('demo_record'/'demo_play' commands). Now Stalker is ready for benchmarks.
* Fixed aspect ratio 16/9. Now the owners of the widescreen displays will have the benefit from greater viewing radius.
* Fixed various crashes with dedicated server.
* The network packets have been merged. This will make the ping reduce twice or more.
* The correctness of map name is now verified when changing the map using the console.
* Fixed the dragging of dead bodies by monsters.
* Now dumps will be saved upon the game crashes.
* Fixed the in-game patching system for all localizations.
* Fixed the problem with the exceedingly long players' names.
* Fixed textual problems for 16/9 video format.
* Fixed game freezing upon trying to connect to a different version.
* Fixed binocular Spectator crash.
* Fixed non-existent grenade launcher firing.
* Fixed players turning invisible when reduced to a minimal amount of health.
* Fixed pre-selected skin not allowing for player spawn.

Hell yes! Those three things will increase the joy I get from playing the game! Especially the
added mouse button functionality. I love have the Use key and Reload key on my mouse as
buttons 4 and 5.

all sounds nice and dandy, but will v1.0000000 saves work with this new version? cause i still dont want to loose my saves.

all sounds nice and dandy, but will v1.0000000 saves work with this new version? cause i still dont want to loose my saves.

yes i believe they added a converter for .0 saves. id backup just to be safes tho.

i grabbed this game the day it released. i got to the duty base and stopped playing because of low framerate with eye candy and random crashes. now with the same system i have everything maxed.. i mean everything, and i maintain a nice playable framerate. i think they added the dual core optimizations along with vista 64 fixes. its not listed in there i think but i remember seeing those listed in some upcomming patch threads a month ago. now im back in the game and it looks great and plays great on my compie thanks to a 5MB patch lol

So the consensus is that you can use saved games from the original, un-patched games? Where are the saved games in case I want to back them up?

umm im not sure about xp but for vista its...

C:\users\public\public documents\stalker-shoc\savedgames

Oh, thats great, lol :p I guess there is no incentive to use this patch if my game is working fine right now then

damn. yea my game is runnin fine now. id just like some of those optimizations.

install the new patch if you want those optimizations...if you want to keep all your saved games then just install patch 1.0001 first before installing the new patch

install the new patch if you want those optimizations...if you want to keep all your saved games then just install patch 1.0001 first before installing the new patch

I thought you'd still lose the save going from 1.0000 to 1.0001 anyway, thus defeating the purpose

I thought you'd still lose the save going from 1.0000 to 1.0001 anyway, thus defeating the purpose

no...you lose your saved games if you go from 1.0000 to 1.0003...if you go from 1.0001 to 1.0003 you keep your saved games

But if you've got the unpatched version of the game, you lose your saved games either way :rolleyes:

But if you've got the unpatched version of the game, you lose your saved games either way :rolleyes:

yea but i am on 1.00000 so i will loose my saves anyways if i go to 1.00001 or 1.00003

you're right...I forgot that when you go from 1.0000 to 1.0001 you lose your saved games...the only way to keep your saved games is if you already have 1.0001 already installed and want to install the new 1.0003 patch

There was talk of a Free Play mode being included in the next patch that would allow you to start over with all your stuff once you had beaten the game. I've beaten it twice now and would like this for the hardest difficulty just for fun. It's not listed so I guess I'll just have to wait. I'm downloading anyway though. Thanks OP.

when i patched from 1.00000 to 1.00001 my saved games werent gone, they were still there. the files arent compatible with 1.00001

negative. or well im not sure.. i was TOLD that theres a saved games converter for people who are still using the unpatched version. no clue if its true or not, but ive read a bunch about it

But you mean saved game files from the 1.0001 patch or whatever, not from the un-patched version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Installed this last night, eagerly anticipating not having to use a hack to get proper widescreen support. But apparently GSC forgot that most people with widescreen monitors have a 16:10 ratio, therefore I am still stuck with the cropped and chopped view at 1440x900. Awesome.

i gave up on this game and got rid of it last nite.....it had potential but it was wayy too buggy.

Has anyone else had the problem where after playing for 5-10 mins or so, the screen will blink and your framerate will essentially be cut in half? I'm wondering if my secondary moniter is turning on or not. If i change any video settings the frames will go back to normal, but it'll do it again soon after.

My frames have gone up since the un-patched version, at least until they get cut in half. I just wanna play this game with out any problems since its really fun.

Has anyone else had the problem where after playing for 5-10 mins or so, the screen will blink and your framerate will essentially be cut in half? I'm wondering if my secondary moniter is turning on or not. If i change any video settings the frames will go back to normal, but it'll do it again soon after.

My frames have gone up since the un-patched version, at least until they get cut in half. I just wanna play this game with out any problems since its really fun.

I get artifacts on screen, although this new patch seems to have reduced the frequency some. This is the only game I get artifacts in, which is rather strange.

still a slide show with object dynamic lighting, game looks like sh*t and runs like sh*t, I wonder why. Been playing it with static lighting at 70 FPS. specs are in sig.

still a slide show with object dynamic lighting, game looks like sh*t and runs like sh*t, I wonder why. Been playing it with static lighting at 70 FPS. specs are in sig.

I'm not trying to be a cock but your video card is nearly 2.5 years old, of course the latest games are playing like slide shows with all the eye candy.

I am running a 8800gtx, I can run the game maxed out but when I try to save or esc it crashes, hopefully this patch will fix things, bad part is that you technically are required to reinstall the game to update.

I want to replay this game, because first time i played it i was lost as fuck...

any good walkthrough is available? so i won't see that stupid wish maker at the end?

oh and this game is fucking kickass

Back