StalkerZERO's setup

zzz

Gawd
I wish they wouldn't have closed that thread...it was going good at 43 posts in 1 day! Stalker I like your ambitious ergo ideas, and I think the biggest challenge is finding a good way to use input devices while reclined in a comfortable chair.

Once I had a home setup where I put the tower on the floor on my right, stacked a couple books to make it taller, put a rolled hand towel on the side closest to me, and put another thin book or folder on top of that, so that the mouse would be angled away from my hand to give my wrist the perfect straight angle. It was awesome. Also I think virtually every mouse on the market sucks from an ergonomics standpoint, based on how I hold a mouse.

Regarding your idea about watching TV on the 30", it might be pretty easy to do. A couple days ago I saw something that looked like a USB flash drive with a coax jack on the back end, and it said it lets you watch analog or HDTV on your computer! It was targeted towards the business user who carries a laptop, as it was so portable. At $120 it wasn't cheap. It also came with a remote.

Dan_D, regarding your "I didn't criticize.", I believe you said "What the hell are you doing?" and "For ---- sake you can get a Jerker or another good solution..." and "Your positioning is all wrong." Merriam-Webster says "CRITICIZE implies finding fault especially with methods or policies or intentions", and you definitely found fault :D

I dunno. I guess I was sorta self conscious about my sucky room. :(
What did you think of the pic on the 2nd page of the cancelled thread? I know it was silly to have the arm swing over the bed but with my bad back I just can't stand the traditional desk/chair setup for very long.
I'm wrestling with the notion of either getting a tempurpedic mattress/bed system for like $1500. or to start working on my ultimate setup for the computer to do away once and for all with the desk and office chair.
I figure I could start with one of the panasonic massage chairs for $1500 and use that as a base and add on pieces from there.

512467_FS_p2.jpg

The ultimate goal of my setup would be to replicate the function or design of this model:
media_pics_girl.jpg

It doesn't have to look like this exactly.....I mean I would probably still use the massage chair design for my setup but I think you get the idea that you really don't need the traditional desk setup anymore. Some do I suppose.......just not me.

In fact, the picture with the girl....that comes from mypce.com an ergonomic office pc furniture solution company. Thats version 2 of their product. They have multiple variations of it for the office or home for pc gaming.
They are working on version 3 right now. :)

I'm going to use this thread to research and post my findings....
Here is something that I probably won't be using for my ultimate setup but I think it might interest several of you out there still mentally stuck in the office place dark ages and not ready for a command chair setup.
Frankly, I wish I had this in the office.......would be awesome!

http://www.plasma2system.com/ergonomic-computer-chair.cfm

Stalker, you're the man! Don't let those knuckleheads get to ya. Just do your own thang! Peace and loove! :cool:

Stalker, you're the man! Don't let those knuckleheads get to ya. Just do your own thang! Peace and loove! :cool:

lol k. :p Looking back objectively I can still say it was a very smart move on my part to order the monitor arm for the 30 inch lcd. It simply increases greatly the function of the display. I can't see why people would settle for the generic stand that comes with any lcd in the box and just place it on a big desk. Then they kill themselves sitting on an office chair for hours from their rooms.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

I don't see that you gain much by combining your bed with your computer setup. Maybe just keep your sheetless bed (;)) and get one of those ergo chairs you're looking at. But ordering online would be really tough, since you'd really have to try sitting in it to decide if it's comfortable. That link you gave is interesting, but they might not be comfortable enough for at home.

Thanks for posting that pic, even though you got so much crap about it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you definitely didn't deserve the crap you got. Do what makes you happy, screw anyone else that tells you otherwise. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. :)

dude i think its a pretty cool idea. It looks interesting. I would love to see the finished product.
ps: ive sat in one of those ergo chairs and they are awesome!

I don't want to make the admins think this thread isn't about monitors but it really is.
Having said that take a look at the setup below. It isn't something I would consider but readers who are looking at this thread and considering its ideas might want to check it out.
This model is for workaholics who work 24 HOURS A DAY!!!!! haha.

ErgoQuest500_1.jpg

ErgoQuest500_3.jpg

Its called the ergopod500 and its on sale for only $4000.00! :p
Here is the link: http://www.officeorganix.com/Eropod500.htm

Seriously though back on my setup plan......
Those prices for those massage chairs are well.......expensive. But people thinking about doing something similar (and not spending two grand on a massage chair) might instead be interested in getting a simpler chair along with a keyboard mount and monitor mount.
For instance the chair below is by Stokke and its called the zero gravity chair I think.

http://www.stokke.com/product.asp?na=UK&la=EN&p=Gravity&div=C
gravity_564x486.jpg

In fact, you can even use that recliner chair instead of a bed for that ergopod500. See, there are all sorts of options out there and solutions to the traditional chair/desk setup.

there is a desk i like on that first link you posted, its an electric desk. Its a metal base with a glass top and you can press a button and the desk will rise or drop, which ever you choose. Its cool. I dont like those to setup's in the pic's but they make me think of the setup that robot geek dude has in the movie Grandma's Boy. That setup was wicked :cool:

there is a desk i like on that first link you posted, its an electric desk. Its a metal base with a glass top and you can press a button and the desk will rise or drop, which ever you choose. Its cool. I dont like those to setup's in the pic's but they make me think of the setup that robot geek dude has in the movie Grandma's Boy. That setup was wicked :cool:

Are you talking about the Health Posture's TaskMate?

Imagine the agony if that iMac CRT slipped loose from the stand!!

Check this thread out Stalker.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=880676&highlight=reclining+desk

This guy's chair kicks ass.

Ahh see?? That thing is cool. Ok, so its not the prettiest setup in the world but its the function that matters. And I bet he didn't spend a fortune either.
What I will probably do is indeed invest some money but its not going to go in the thousands. I will probably invest in a chair.....maybe that fancy recliner in the pic above or get the massage chair and......
Wait, I have to consider my setup more carefully cause I want to integrate a solution where I will have access to several lcd monitors.
Ya, how about two 30 inch monitors with a big ol westinghouse 50 inch monitor in the middle of a fancy monitor stand.

No no........*thinks hard for a sec* 3 seperate articulating monitor mounts that can adjust to 3 different positions seperately and are able to converge together with minimal effort on the user's part.
......YAAAAAAAAAA!!! Thats the ticket!
Now to improvise the hardware.......hmmmmm.........this is gonna take some serious pondering. I'll have to get back to y'all.

Ahh see?? That thing is cool. Ok, so its not the prettiest setup in the world but its the function that matters. And I bet he didn't spend a fortune either.
What I will probably do is indeed invest some money but its not going to go in the thousands. I will probably invest in a chair.....maybe that fancy recliner in the pic above or get the massage chair and......
Wait, I have to consider my setup more carefully cause I want to integrate a solution where I will have access to several lcd monitors.
Ya, how about two 30 inch monitors with a big ol westinghouse 50 inch monitor in the middle of a fancy monitor stand.
Yeah....and before buying another 30" and a 50", maybe save that money for more necessary things in life, at least til you get a serious job?

Yeah....and before buying another 30" and a 50", maybe save that money for more necessary things in life, at least til you get a serious job?

I see this thread is starting to degenerate into the last one.... :rolleyes:

Yeah. These are long term hardware setup plans. Doesn't hurt to start thinking of it now though.....does it?

Back