Starbucks to Offer Free Wi-Fi With AT&T

HardOCP News

[H] News
Starbucks has announced that it will give customers that use its Starbucks purchase card two hours of free wireless access per day. People who already use AT&T as their Internet service provider will have unlimited Wi-Fi access at Starbucks.

Starbucks Corp. is teaming up with AT&T Inc. and will start offering a mix of free and paid wireless Internet service in more than 7,000 of its U.S. coffee shops beginning this spring. The world's largest specialty coffee retailer's move ends a six-year partnership T-Mobile.

I thought Wi-Fi was always free at Starbucks, poeple starting using Starbucks as thier offices...

im sure they will make it so everyone and anyone can access wi-fi, alot of the bigger cites across the US are considering installing free wi-fi for the whole town, i know in my town they were considering installing wi-fi access in the street lights. we all pay taxes, i figure we should all get something back.

I thought Wi-Fi was always free at Starbucks, poeple starting using Starbucks as thier offices...

That is what I've always thought too.

Anyways, now you can talk on your overrated $600 iphone drinking an overrated $5 cup of coffee. :D

There's a Starbucks under my office too (what you say???) which has free T-mobile wireless access. I've never used it, but I know they're using it.

Be interesting to see what T-mobile says when Starbucks is using their competitor's services.

Sweet, now I can eat at mickyD's become an obese lardass surf the web for free then drive my huge SUV earth killer over to ma,pa,cafekillerusa and get jacked up on over priced caffeine and then surf some more for free..
Ahhh, corporate scum, suck the people dry of their green, sarcasm...

I guess this is the reason att jacked up the internet fee's by 5 dollars.

Hmm, interesting idea. I wondered what they were going to do about people buying a cup of coffee and then sitting at a table doing work for 8hours. This is actually a sane response :eek:

Our sales teams use these like crazy when they are out and about.
Also out executive teams use these all the time.

Between Wifi spots and 3G PCi cards for laptops a mobile business wouldn't be mobile business today.

But I still stick behind my sarcastic post.

Starbucks by me has cost money for a while, and people living nearby have finally caught on to securing their wifi >.< although interestingly enough the local mall's food court just started free wifi, although I haven't seen anyone using it yet, and I'm never there long enough to actually need it.

Hmm, interesting idea. I wondered what they were going to do about people buying a cup of coffee and then sitting at a table doing work for 8hours. This is actually a sane response :eek:

Yes, that is valid, especially with their new idea of doing the unlimited refill coffee.

Plenty of places offer free wi-fi here, so if I need it I just take my business elsewhere. Their coffee aint that special.

Agreed. It's funny that two of the Starbucks in my area have college student housing behind them so... free internet abounds anyway. ;)

It could be free. In big cities, if there are residential apartments above the Starbucks, there is probably an unprotected WiFi...

I never go to Starbucks, when they first annouced they were going to be WI-FI hotspots I never heard there was a cost.

Heck my favorite pub has free Wi-Fi and stocks over 100 differenet beers from around the world.. :) Why drink a $7 cup of coffee, when I can enjoy a fine Belgium beer with my hamburger and surf the net at the same time. :)

Back