Starcraft 2 shaky screen in SLI

lowteckh

Supreme [H]ardness
1 card is fine, enabling SLI and I get a shaky screen in SC2.

Also shakes in the Graphics menu of Dawn of War 2, but in game has no shake.

Bad 2nd card?

I have a similar problem, thjopugh Starcraft 2 is a bit better since I updated my drivers. Modern Warfare 2 looks terrible, micro-stutter and the like. Both games 'tear' in a horizontal line down the middle, but it's obviously far more noticeable in an FPS.

I know people say you don't need SLI for MW2, but I seem to get frame drops under 60 (I use vsync) which makes it tough to play.

The SLI bridge I use came with my MSI motherboard. MSI X58-Pro (yeah yeah, it was essentially free!). Do I just need to buy a better quality connector? Any recommendations?

My two cards are decently far apart, which unfortunately puts one on an x4 PCIe slot. I have dual x16 but putting them right next to each other pushed one of them over 100C very quickly and it just isn't sustainable. So I need a enough length in the connector to skip two empty expansion slots.

These are Galaxy 1GB SuperOC edition by the way. Lately I've just been gaming with one 460 and using the other to drive my third monitor for non-gaming purposes. Feels like such a waste.

yeah suggest the 4x link might be causing the issues, as to the heat issues i'd put the blame on Nvidia's crap design and possibly your poor fan layout.

If you are playing COD with V-sync, you are a fraction of a second slower than everyone who is shooting at you.

Back