Starcraft and Windows XP

roninblade

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently found my starcraft cd and for some reason when i put it in the setup.exe uses the cpu like crazy and am unable to play or install it. Anyone elese have this problem?

caRpetbomBer said:
Have you tried the newest patch.

Kind of hard to patch it when you can't install it. :D

Anyway, is the CD scratched at all?

Speaking of which, was there ever a resolution hack to increase the starcraft resolution? 640x480 hurts me eyes. :eek:

yea i even have images and they will mount but then the cpu just shoots up at 100% with the setup.exe

siegecraft4 said:
Speaking of which, was there ever a resolution hack to increase the starcraft resolution? 640x480 hurts me eyes. :eek:

That would be considered cheating because it would allow you to see more of the battlefield.

TheGamerZ said:
That would be considered cheating because it would allow you to see more of the battlefield.

I think everyother person on that game has the maphack man... I know my friends use it still.

my roommates run xp and they have no problems playing starcraft

maybe format/reinstall? have one of your friends use your cd to install it on his computer and see what's up

I think my brother MIGHT have had something like this.

heres what i figured out

-double click on the exe and then it starts to take all teh resources and you hear the cd drive spinning a lot

-press the button on your cd drive to eject the disc

-the thing will pop up asking your for the disc

-put the disc back in aand either press OK or let it autorun

this is what worked for me, lemme know how it works out.

PS: I own at starcraft, im like top 100 in Canada

Did they ever fix the winsocks problem with Starcraft and win 2k/xp? Online play sucked for that..

Is this worth getting? I can get SC and BW for like £7.99, I hear SC is getting a big update soon too, even after all these years.

Xtreme^ said:
Is this worth getting? I can get SC and BW for like £7.99, I hear SC is getting a big update soon too, even after all these years.

The game is awesome, but where did you hear about the update?

Direwolf20 said:
The game is awesome, but where did you hear about the update?
It's on the Blizzard front page-

StarCraft Patch 1.12 Coming Soon
We have been working on a new patch for StarCraft, and it includes a host of new features to streamline and enhance multiplayer competition. You can expect the update to be available for download in the next few weeks, but we wanted to give you a taste of what’s in store for you when the patch does arrive.

* The multiplayer chat screen will now show a preview of the map you will play on.
* The creator of a private Battle.net game can now make the game public under the creator’s name in the multiplayer chat screen.
* A Friends List will be added to the game to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
* Friend mail will be added to the game to let you email members of your Friends List.
* A password-recovery and email-registration function will be added to allow you to recover your password via email.
* A minimap ping will be added to the game to allow you to ping a location on the map.
* It will now be easier to set building rally points.
* We will include updated versions of three of the most popular ladder maps – Lost Temple, Dire Straits, and Rivalry – in order to better suit the newer style of ladder play.

Starcraft is great. Any mention of it spawns a 2 page topic immediately. I've been playing for about 8 years now. It's worth buying, for the person who asked. If they make the ladder competitive (no more winbots) again it will be tremendous fun.

(&^^^$#^*&)*(_)*)&()*&())%^%#%^*(&%$&*

I lost *BOTH* of my CD's AGAIN!!!!! This will be the third time I've purchased SC and BW...where oh where could they have disappeared to??? :( :( :(

ah the memories. i played for about a year straight and got pretty good, was able to handle 3 casual players at once, that was impressive. then me and another really good guy took on just one guy, and he made us his bitches. owned us completely. the sheer differences in skill level in that game...amazing.

Metallica_Band said:
(&^^^$#^*&)*(_)*)&()*&())%^%#%^*(&%$&*

I lost *BOTH* of my CD's AGAIN!!!!! This will be the third time I've purchased SC and BW...where oh where could they have disappeared to??? :( :(
I feel your pain. I lost my BW CD. Looks like time for me to drop another $20 on the BattleChest. :mad: :D

It's so hard to believe that SC is still played so much after all these years. Great to see really. Shows the merits of building a fantastic game. :cool:

I've bought the game 4 times now. I think it's definitely worth the 100 or so I've spent on it. Soo many hours of great gameplay. This game is amazing.

Back