Starcraft II officially delayed until 2010...

I just want beta already, its like 2 months behind now and they keep throwing around this BS that they dont have enough servers to handle 40,000 beta testers... they should shut down all their low pop wow servers and get beta rolling on it already.

Mother fucking figures.... The Blizzard delay legacy lives on. Owell, I'll keep busy with my 360, Champions Online, BF193, Battlestations Pacific and Fallout 3 expansions for the time being

Luckly I have a beta-key... w00t
Won't matter if they NEVER even release the beta!

Sorry that was out of jealous and rage of this game being delayed...
And the worst part about it is that it is anti-piracy code that is going to make us wait for it. Not the game itself... LAME! That stuff can come after! Just give me SCII even with a lame battle.net!

was just about to say, its the next Duke Nukem, vapor ware

there just milking the cash cow (wow) until they need to release something new IMO

No LAN Play? WTF are they thinking? So you have a LAN party and everybody has to connect to BNet to Play? What if your somewhere in the sticks with only Dialup? Say it with me... WEEE TODD DID.

I still don't get what was so good about starcraft 1. All I see people play are these random custom games. And seeing the pros play regular versus makes it look stressful and not fun.

I still don't get what was so good about starcraft 1. All I see people play are these random custom games. And seeing the pros play regular versus makes it look stressful and not fun.

If you need it explained to you, then you dont deserve to know

I've been waiting for so long for SC2. It's been over 10 years since SC1 and f'n Blizzard still has not given us SC2. I'm just very annoyed by this delay.

It was an excellent game in each aspect- economy, pacing, etc....

So much for people who said Blizz wouldn't be taking their time with games just because they were bought by Activision....
Personally I'm glad to see that at least they aren't rushing it out to appease their publisher....

It was an excellent game in each aspect- economy, pacing, etc....

A good game for competitive play I agree, but the original game itself fun? If it was the large majority of players woudnl't be playing random custom games.

I've been waiting for so long for SC2. It's been over 10 years since SC1 and f'n Blizzard still has not given us SC2. I'm just very annoyed by this delay.

it took 10 years just for total annihilation 2.. aka supreme commander to be released and it was damn well worth the 10 years..

we can all cry about why it took so long for a sequel to a good game took so long.. but would you rather wait 10 years and get the bad ass graphic quality we have now? or buy a game 2 years after the original that had the same god awful quality?

its still typical blizzard.. milk the f'n hell out of every game they release.. then delay their major game release.. though what am i saying.. i was never going to buy SC2 anyways and am still not going too...

enjoy the wait guys... that is if you even remember the games coming out by the time its actually released..

Seriously guys, you're going a little extreme on the hate here. The game isn't ready yet. So they aren't releasing it. How many examples would you like of games that were released before they were ready to meet a deadline?

I'm GLAD to see Blizzard doing the same thing they always do -- get the game working properly before releasing it. How would you feel if it came out next week, and there was a TON of lag online and the races weren't balanced properly and there were a handful of bugs? I'm sure you'd be MUCH more upset that you waited 10 years for the game, and it came out sucking. Personally, I'll wait 10 more years if I have to for a proper Starcraft 2.

Blizzard isn't milking this -- if all they cared about was money they'd be releasing it in December to make the XMAS Holiday rush. But obviously they care about releasing a quality game, so they are foregoing the Holiday release and will probably miss out on a few sales as a result.

This is standard Blizzard -- they push the release date back. But you know what? Every Blizzard game that I've ever played was awesome. Really awesome. And like it or not, WoW is included in that, because it IS a good game. It may be the heart of all evil because its addictive, but its addictive because its a GOOD game.

So honestly, its not that Blizzard is trying to milk this or they're out to annoy us. They want their game to be good.

A good game for competitive play I agree, but the original game itself fun? If it was the large majority of players woudnl't be playing random custom games.

alot of people prefer playing fastest maps and whatever where its a matter of "he who has the biggest army wins".

create a 2v2 blood bath or lost temple 2v2 or even big game hunters 2v2v2v2 and you'll always find players to this day. my personal favorite is blood bath 2v2 or ffa...it captures the essence of the experience. huge BGH 4 team showdowns are a blast too.

make a blood bath 1v1 sometime...youll have an opponent in less than 30 seconds nearly every time in my experience.

its harder to get a blood bath ffa but its still feasible.

in case you havent noticed, blood bath is my favorite SC map. its small and tight and forces you to micro and play effeciently. This is where the balance shows, and its where every other RTS i try falls behind. SC is in my mind, the perfect RTS. frustrating beyond hell sometimes - but its wonderful. I only hope sc2 (eventually?) proves that wrong and makes something even better...

Seriously guys, you're going a little extreme on the hate here. The game isn't ready yet. So they aren't releasing it. How many examples would you like of games that were released before they were ready to meet a deadline?

This would be valid, except the delay is so they can add anti-piracy protocol for battle.net. Nothing to do with the game itself

Back