STASIS Thermal blocks finally done!

consumer, do u still have anymore in stock? how many? can you give us anymore information on it?

got a confirmation email saying my neptune block is gonna be shipped out on the 28th.

CNC= Computer Numeric Control.
Basically, automated machining.
The white material is Delrin.

I think a few issues can be cleared up,The forged pin fin array is utilized because it was origionally manufactured as a heat sink for air cooling,,And it has been used by Stasis thermal by soldereing it to a copper plate for the pourpose of this water block.

I would like to see reseller ratings,heatware or beter yet an independant review along with parts made in stock before he is paid, rather then assembly after the block is paid for,Just seams more fiscally responsible to make a part and have it on a shelf when its application is so generic to a specific application and says the company offering the life time waranty may actually be around some time down the road.

PLEASE NOTE ALL AIR COOLING PRODUCTION HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.

Who's life time does the warranty apply to ? ? ?

Just my observations from my extensive research availble at any web site he joins,Look at this http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=438989

And this..http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=424555&page=1&pp=30&highlight=consumer9000
Posts 269,278,280,290,294 or read from page 5 foward.

It may be negitive,But apparently where ever this product shows up it gets talked about like it is the re -invention sliced bread ...

diehrd said:
Just my observations from my extensive research availble at any web site he joins,Look at this http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=438989

And this..http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=424555&page=1&pp=30&highlight=consumer9000
Posts 269,278,280,290,294 or read from page 5 foward.

It may be negitive,But apparently where ever this product shows up it gets talked about like it is the re -invention sliced bread ...

ok, so ur basing the claim that thie products that consumer makes are bunk because you found one person that has had a problem? i think any product that goes mainstream into the market is going to have a few bumps along the way. this one seems like an isolated incident and i don't believe was necessary to bring up unless you have had the same problem. do you own any stasis thermal products? i don't either.
but when i get my neptune waterblock, believe me people will know if there is a problem. but it seems like this guy is legit. if it wasn't legit i think we would see a lot more complaints out there.
lifetime warranty? how do you know any company you buy from that offers lifetime warranties is going to be there further down the road. you don't.

Haste266 said:
ok, so ur basing the claim that thie products that consumer makes are bunk because you found one person that has had a problem? i think any product that goes mainstream into the market is going to have a few bumps along the way. this one seems like an isolated incident and i don't believe was necessary to bring up unless you have had the same problem. do you own any stasis thermal products? i don't either.
but when i get my neptune waterblock, believe me people will know if there is a problem. but it seems like this guy is legit. if it wasn't legit i think we would see a lot more complaints out there.
lifetime warranty? how do you know any company you buy from that offers lifetime warranties is going to be there further down the road. you don't.

Obviously you did not read the 11 page thread,,,

Summary/ Heat sink was touted to be fully hand made,custom.

Reality/ it was a moded 1U Xeon heat sink not made by Stasis as that thread suggested,worse when he was asked if it was a Xeon cooler he elected to not answer AND when fans of his did answer for him they said it was a 100% hand made custom product,,DID Stasis set us right > And step up and say it was a moded Xeon cooler ? ? NO NO and NO ..He allowed the misconception to exist and even posted as if it where true.

Finally on page 10or 11 the last pages I cornered him with a key question..And finally he admited the heat sink was actually a Dynatron 1U Xeon heat sink.

If conducting business like that is ok and ME EXPOSING it makes me the bad guy I think we need to rethink our posistions.I further went to show a Xeon 1U heat sink could be bought fo $4.00 and modded to cool even better as his was way to heavy for the aplication it was used for..

And as far as warranty..I don't think his air cooled products where manufactured for even the warranty period which he gave them..And with them like this product YOU PRE PAY so he can afford to build it ..good deal ? I dont think so.

blah blah, read the whole thing and i still feel the same way.

you must like bashing consumer9000(new hobby of yours?). dont bring that in here plz.

Haste266 said:
blah blah, read the whole thing and i still feel the same way.

you must like bashing consumer9000(new hobby of yours?). dont bring that in here plz.

Bashing him ? How about making facts available other then just then just good ones ? How would you feel to be the poor guy out 80.00 and then sent another cooler with the same issue..If his situation is not relivent then whats the point of reseller ratings,,Trust me if Swiftech ,or dangerDan started out this way neither would be around to talk about it.

And I bet there are intrested potential buyers who deserve this info..And wont see it as Bashing rather a warrning to be cautious. :cool:

diehrd said:
The forged pin fin array is utilized because it was origionally manufactured as a heat sink for air cooling

Link?

diehrd said:
I think a few issues can be cleared up,The forged pin fin array is utilized because it was origionally manufactured as a heat sink for air cooling

hmm i thought there was something strange about his design. now i see it, using a heatsink (that probably only cost a few dollars) soldered into place to save money.

BioPort said:
hmm i thought there was something strange about his design. now i see it, using a heatsink (that probably on cost a few dollars) soldered into place to save money.

That is if hes right. To my knowledge though, he is just assuming.

diehrd said:
Obviously you did not read the 11 page thread,,,

Summary/ Heat sink was touted to be fully hand made,custom.

Reality/ it was a moded 1U Xeon heat sink not made by Stasis as that thread suggested,worse when he was asked if it was a Xeon cooler he elected to not answer AND when fans of his did answer for him they said it was a 100% hand made custom product,,DID Stasis set us right > And step up and say it was a moded Xeon cooler ? ? NO NO and NO ..He allowed the misconception to exist and even posted as if it where true.

Finally on page 10or 11 the last pages I cornered him with a key question..And finally he admited the heat sink was actually a Dynatron 1U Xeon heat sink.

If conducting business like that is ok and ME EXPOSING it makes me the bad guy I think we need to rethink our posistions.I further went to show a Xeon 1U heat sink could be bought fo $4.00 and modded to cool even better as his was way to heavy for the aplication it was used for..

And as far as warranty..I don't think his air cooled products where manufactured for even the warranty period which he gave them..And with them like this product YOU PRE PAY so he can afford to build it ..good deal ? I dont think so.

I read a good portion of that thread Who cares if its xeon heatsinks. The thing performed well. If it was to much for an air cooling product in your mind, DONT BUY IT! That doesnt make him a bad person. Who cares if he wasn't up front about it being moddec xeon sinks. That doesnt in any way shape or form effect the perfromance. It was still a good cooler. Not to mention, this waterblock clearly is NOT a modded anything. It is his design from the ground out.

It looks more to me like you have a personal vendetta against consumer and are out to take a shit in every thread he makes for a new product. Even if things were shakey with the 7800 cooler, that in no way relates to this product, therefor your posting falls under teh catagory of thread crapping. Last time I checked that was against the rules around here. Save your ramblinb for when someone asks about the 7800 air cooler, and you can tell them all about it, and the problems, show them those threads, ect and remain on topic. In this thread, its just not necessary, and all your trying to do is dash consumers reputation. Reminds me of little brothers 'Hey mommy guess what he did!" bullshit. He's 5 :rolleyes:.

Viper87227 said:
That is if hes right. To my knowledge though, he is just assuming.

A google search for "forged pin fin heatsink" reveals dozens of companies selling heatsinks of similar design for dozens of different applications.

www.coolinnovations.com has a huge selection of forged pin fin heatsinks. Also here is what I think is a press release about one of their newer heatsink lines :

The UltraCool IV series of pin fin heatsinks is forged from highly conductive oxygen-free copper. This metal exhibits a thermal conductivity that's 20% better than pure aluminum and 40% greater than popular aluminum extrusion alloys. Effective with airflows ranging from 100 to 400 LFM, the heatsinks are available in footprints of 0.25 by 0.25 in. to 1.5 by 1.5 in. with heights of 0.15 to 0.8 in. Pin diameter ranges from 0.06 to 0.125 in.

Pricing ranges from under $1 to $4.50 in production quantities.

I have highlighted the interesting part. source

All this being said, if the thing performs well.....so what?

Erasmus354 said:
A google search for "forged pin fin heatsink" reveals dozens of companies selling heatsinks of similar design for dozens of different applications.

www.coolinnovations.com has a huge selection of forged pin fin heatsinks. Also here is what I think is a press release about one of their newer heatsink lines :

I have highlighted the interesting part. source

All this being said, if the thing performs well.....so what?

I understand the design has been used in air heatsinks. Diehrd came out and flat out said it was origianlly desined as an air cooler. A google search on forged pin fin heatsinks does not prove that. He may have set out to make an air cooler and then switched it to a waterblock.... but he may have well said from the ground hes going to take that design and apply it to watercooler. Diehrd is assuming that it started out as an air cooling product.... but there is absolutly nothing to prove if its true or not.

Still, I agree 100% with your last line, as its the same thing I iterated in my last post. If his products perform top notch, then who cares what they are made of.

Viper87227 said:
Still, I agree 100% with your last line, as its the same thing I iterated in my last post. If his products perform top notch, then who cares what they are made of.

Sure, it might perform well, but what concerns me is its durability. See post #46 by nikhsub1. it is true that mcw6000 blocks have seen some problems due to the manufacturing process.

When that joint leaks, there is going to be no saving your card.

BioPort said:
Sure, it might perform well, but what concerns me is its durability. See post #46 by nikhsub1. it is true that mcw6000 blocks have seen some problems due to the manufacturing process.

When that joint leaks, there is going to be no saving your card.

If he manufactures it properly, whcih I am sure he is capable of, its not going to leak. Obviosly this is more opinion than fact, but I don't believe there woudl be any more risk putting this block in my loop than anythign else out there. Every single block has the probability to leak. I would have aboslutly no second thoughts about having this block in my loop for the fear it would leak. I can't afford it, and like my Fusion HL anyways, but the risk of leaks wouldn't stop me from buying it.

If people start getting it, and it turns into a serious problem, thats different. I am going to guess that it will not be a problem though. Lets home I'm right....

Guys I agree SO WHAT IT IS A XEON COOLER,,,,''

Read the thread he was asked and asked,,OTHERS posted it was a custom fabbed heat sink by consumer..He not only never corrected them but kept posting as if it was a totally custom manufactured heat sink.His dubious action was not SPEKING up before he was cornered to admit it was not made by him but Dynatron,,Something he had 20 chances to say but decided not to,, allowing people to think they where getting CUSTOM FABBED.

Had he been honest 80% or more people would have bought there own DynaTron sink and drilled it them selves.Thats why he kept quiet we are MODDERS not Joe Six Pack who needs someone to mod a darn heat sink and charge us 80.00 for a $4.00 part

Thats my beef let me sell you a car with a 4cylinder motor,,And let 5 people say ya thats a sweet car it has a V8..You buy becasue u think it is a V8 and I never correct any statement i know are incorrect about it having a V8

How would you feel if it showed up witha 4 banger ? Worse it dont start ? Would you want a refund ?

Or would you just think the buyer is unreasonable ? and any one who points this situation out is the bad guy ? I think you can agree I am not the bad guy,Just another modder who hates to be scammed or see fellow clockers be scammed....

diehrd said:

Read the thread he was asked and asked,,OTHERS posted it was a custom fabbed heat sink by consumer..He not only never corrected them but kept posting as if it was a totally custom manufactured heat sink.His dubious action was not SPEKING up before he was cornered to admit it was not made by him but Dynatron,,Something he had 20 chances to say but decided not to,, allowing people to think they where getting CUSTOM FABBED.

Had he been honest 80% or more people would have bought there own DynaTron sink and drilled it them selves.Thats why he kept quiet we are MODDERS not Joe Six Pack who needs someone to mod a darn heat sink and charge us 80.00 for a $4.00 part

Thats my beef let me sell you a car with a 4cylinder motor,,And let 5 people say ya thats a sweet car it has a V8..You buy becasue u think it is a V8 and I never correct any statement i know are incorrect about it having a V8

How would you feel if it showed up witha 4 banger ? Worse it dont start ? Would you want a refund ?

Or would you just think the buyer is unreasonable ? and any one who points this situation out is the bad guy ? I think you can agree I am not the bad guy,Just another modder who hates to be scammed or see fellow clockers be scammed....

man, WTF. why do you keep posting this crap in here. if people want to know about it they can read it on the other site. this is the SAME crap you were posting on there other site. take it elsewhere plz.

diehrd said:

Sure. All this does not change the fact that this thread has nothing to do with that heatsink. If you want people to be more knowledgeable on your experiance, go make a new thread and tell everyone all about it. Dont threadcrap here.

Point made,to bad screwing someone by lieing is considered thread crapping but the act it self is looked upon as being ok..Nuff said, :eek:

diehrd said:
Point made,to bad screwing someone by lieing is considered thread crapping but the act it self is looked upon as being ok..Nuff said, :eek:

Your missing the point here, Pink Panther. Consumer9000 makes excellent work and is a great guy to deal with. Any block of his that has had a problem he has dealt with personally and has worked with the buyer to rectify the problem any way he can as long as the buyer cooperates and makes the effort to fix their issue. Any buyer who just sits on their ass and says 'Well it shoulda gotten here working' is an idiot to say the least.

Consumer9000 admitted openly that the pin-fin array is not his design and it is a heatsink manufactured by another company, he also openly admits on ocforums that his STASIS air cooling line are basically XEON heatsinks because the thin design of the fins on the HSF cannot be manufactured by any person. Sure anyone can turn a heatsink into a monster cooler with a 120mm fan, but does it look like a retail cooler? No. Does any random 'Joe' Have the tool to make a custom perfect looking retail heatsink in his garage? No. The speculation that the block will leak here and there etc is merely 'speculation' right now. Swiftech may have had problems, but they didnt look at each heatsink themselves, they simpyl rolled off an assembly line. Im sure every product has its problems and no doubt one of these coolers might, but thats not the plan, and we all hope they work as they should on paper- because as of now its damn good.

Lifetime warranty? BFG and eVGA have the same warranty rules as Consumer9000 and STASIS thermal do. Any product thats discontinued will be supported as much as it can and if need be, replaced with a current model of its initial grandeur. Hell, 100% sure he has replacement parts for all of his air cooling sinks, and WILl have them for a good while.

What else do you have to bitch about? Consumer9000 is an innovative guy trying to bring us 'enthusiasts' a good product with the knowledge he knows and the skills he has, why bring him down so much. If you wanna be an asshole stay on the forum you came from. And until you can find a company that has support and is this friendly and answers this much one nthusiast boards, i think you can stop typing from now on.

Quote;
Consumer9000 admitted openly that the pin-fin array is not his design and it is a heatsink manufactured by another company, he also openly admits on ocforums that his STASIS air cooling line are basically XEON heatsinks because the thin design of the fins on the HSF cannot be manufactured by any person

Ya he admitted it 300 Posts after he started a thread and after many asked for a direct answer which he not only did not answer but let others swear it was custom made 100% .

Admitting because you are behind a gun is not honest,,Admitting it open no conditions, show good faith.Don't try to make this guy out to be the pope,,he screwed up and let people think he self made it 100% untill he was forced to admit he did not.

Thats the facts documented in a thread not made up.

Like it ? Don't like it it is my feeling people need to know all the good and any of the bad on a new company being built by Pre Paid orders..

diehrd said:
Quote;
Consumer9000 admitted openly that the pin-fin array is not his design and it is a heatsink manufactured by another company, he also openly admits on ocforums that his STASIS air cooling line are basically XEON heatsinks because the thin design of the fins on the HSF cannot be manufactured by any person

Ya he admitted it 300 Posts after he started a thread and after many asked for a direct answer which he not only did not answer but let others swear it was custom made 100% .

Admitting because you are behind a gun is not honest,,Admitting it open no conditions, show good faith.Don't try to make this guy out to be the pope,,he screwed up and let people think he self made it 100% untill he was forced to admit he did not.

Thats the facts documented in a thread not made up.

Like it ? Don't like it it is my feeling people need to know all the good and any of the bad on a new company being built by Pre Paid orders..

Go back and read this thread...I did and consumer9000 DOES in fact say that the pin fin design is not made by himself. He says it is made by Intricast, and if you go there you can follow it to www.radianheatsinks.com . The core of this cooler is exactly the same as their INM series heatsinks. There is nothing wrong in using a commercially available heatsink in your design, the pin grid is a good way to get nice thermal conductivity without introducing a whole lot of resistance. I do however think when he explains why the core is not part of the block he is not being totally honest. I dont think the "lapping to 5 microns" had as much to do with it as cost. The heatsinks cost like 15$ a piece, it is much cheaper to bond that to the ram baseplate then it is to machine that same design out of one chunk of copper.

The use of the forged component allows for superior pin profile/thermal transfer, better surface finish, less wasted material/unecessary weight, and certainly lower manufacturing costs. If I were to make the same part with a solid piece of copper, and mill away 70% of it to leave what remains now, not only would that be a waste of expensive material, but even more expensive machining time. Each part already requires nearly $100 worth of machining time, and again, like with every part I've made in the past I'm not doing this to get rich - I'll be lucky to break even. :rolleyes:

I don't understand what diehrd's problems is...I've been able to fully satisfy 99% of my customers, and the 1% that are unhappy choose to be so. He has never had any personal dealings with STASIS and has no grounds to act in such a hostile manner.

As for finacial stability/fiscal responsibility just look to my PayPal profile. I use Paypal to process all funds both for it's convienience and it's security. Never has a complaint been filed nor a person wrongfully charged.

If you don't appreciate what I do that's your right, but don't keep making unjustified accusations. BTW Swiftech's new ramsinks are made by Intricast as well, why don't you go crap on their parade for awhile? :rolleyes:

Viper97227 said:
It is his design from the ground out.

Dont you mean from the ground 'up'? :p

Anyways, even thought I have not dealt with stasis by buying any of their products (yet), I hear nothing but excellent things from their quality of work and performance of their products. Its top notch...and so is consumer. I had contacted him with questions and he answered them in a timely manner and was as helpful as possible. I dont know what your problem is diehrd, but threadcrapping is illegal here. I got a feeling a mod will be showing you the right of way soon enough. As for stasis, I have always seen the best from them and will expect nothing less with the neptune 7800 blocks.

Let's maintain civility in the [H], all. There's no sense in beating a dead horse; I advise that any further arguments on business practice be taken to PM or elsewhere.

mine shipped out on monday supposedly. hopefully i get it by the weekend, i'll post results as soon as i have some.

I got a Tracking number for mine last week, but so far, it doesn't appear to have actually been shipped. I'm also hoping they arrive befor the weekend.

There pre-orders fom what I can tell guys meaning he makes them only after he is paid same as he did on the GTX heat sink,,I suspect a week from pay date to ship or there abouts.

That makes sence. He has asked me a few questions about my configuration so if it takes him a bit of extra time to get everything on my blocks perfect, all the better.

These are made in the US right? I know its a really stupid question but doesnt hurt to ask!

Yeah, all STASIS products are Designed and Made in USA at an ISO9001 machine shop. :cool:
If you haven't already seen, the first customer took delivery today and installed it with some pretty amazing results.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=434856&page=4

Load temperatue at 35C!!! Look at those autodetect values too! The number speak for themselves. :)

temps.jpg

Holy mother of god. Thats cooler than my CPu most of the time! Wow.. :eek: Im so glad I ordered one!

Still not getting me to take of my FusionHL, but amazing none-the-less. Nice work Consumer.

diehrd said:
There pre-orders fom what I can tell guys meaning he makes them only after he is paid same as he did on the GTX heat sink,,I suspect a week from pay date to ship or there abouts.

Right now they are custom pre-orders due to the fact that the first run of them was out for reviewers and test samples etc.

Back