Stealthing a dvd drive, Corsair Obsidian 650D

Ricedaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm about to pick up a Corsair Obsidian 650D and I wanted to look into stealthing the DVD drive. I did a google search and all the guides are pretty ghetto, simply using layers of double-sided tape to stick one of the extra drive fascia onto a recessed drive. I'm sure i'll do that if that is the only way, but I'm looking for people with experience in doing this and some guidance.

I rarely use my DVD drive anyway, so I don't want to mount it in there looking all gross.

Thanks.

I have the 650 case and it might be harder than other cases to mod. The case by default has the DVD drive sit in a tool less mounting frame, where you just push it in place and the frame locks the drive in place. Also there's a notch on the front plate that you need to install the DVD drive with the place in place, instead as other cases where you take the plate off, install the DVD, then install the plate back on.

Not to say it's impossible. Lots of room on the case. You'll just need to Dremel off the plastic to recess the drive a bit further back in the case.

On second thought, I think I may just forgo putting my optical drive in the case. I rarely use it (can barely remember the last time). If i really need to install something on disc, I'll just connect it all ghetto style for the install and then disconnect. :p

Back