Steam 2011 Holiday Sale is here!!

Anyone got a copy of Hard Reset they want to trade for on steam?

Guess I'll never buy mw3, price hasn't come down enough to justify it. It's more expensive than skyrim and bf3 on sale. psssh.

If you are concerned with MW3 costing so much Amazon has it for $35 and Deus Ex Human Rev for $10. Now is the time because that is crazy!

I have installed games from their disc and then Steam will just update at the end of installation.

You can install the MW3 dedicated server in steam tools without owning the game. This will download the full patched game. When you enter the activation key the game will be ready to play. People have been complaining about installing from the DVD then having it download the full game after that. If anybody is planning on buying a physical copy you can preload the game by installing the free dedicated server.

Requires Steam account for game installation and activation.

Says that at the bottom so I assume so.

So tempting.........gahhh.

Duh, search the page for "Steam" and still missed that, thanks! Yeah, I for one, just for the single player is all I care about anyway, everything else is gravy.

Man I cant believe how Prototype just refuses to go down in price. $22 on sale!!! This game looked interesting to me when I read a PC Gamer review on it but not enough to pay that much for it. I was hoping it would drop down into the teens last year during Steam's sale but it didnt so I was sure it would this year. Just weird. Never seen a game hold out this long in the upper price range and not have "Call of Duty" attached to the name somehow.

Man I cant believe how Prototype just refuses to go down in price. $22 on sale!!! This game looked interesting to me when I read a PC Gamer review on it but not enough to pay that much for it. I was hoping it would drop down into the teens last year during Steam's sale but it didnt so I was sure it would this year. Just weird. Never seen a game hold out this long in the upper price range and not have "Call of Duty" attached to the name somehow.

dude, it was less than $10 yesterday.....daily deal

So what state you live in?

What state do you live in that you actually pay tax on Amazon?

Amazon Digital taxes in - KS, KY, ND, NY and WA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468512

Steam taxes in - WA
They don't have it listed anywhere, so I'm not sure if its true for anywhere else.

Technically I assume for Amazon you can avoid taxes by just changing your location, since you don't actually get shipped anything.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are concerned with MW3 costing so much Amazon has it for $35 and Deus Ex Human Rev for $10. Now is the time because that is crazy!
Still not worth it. IMO MW3 should have been a $20 expansion of MW2 at the most. My brother bought it for 360. I told him not to but he does not listen.

Nuclear Dawn is a decent game...bought it from Amazon for the lower price on it.

I also have a Rush Gift coupon.....if I don't get something I'd prefer. Rush is supposed to have a christmas objective for coal/whatever. So if someone has something they already have and would prefer to have my Rush please PM me. Im looking to get something I'd like to play and maybe that has a steam objective. I'll eventually use this Rush Gift for the objective when it comes available if no one wants to trade, so no big hurry just figured I'd put it out there.

Is there anything from Batman: Arkham City that would be enhanced by playing through Arkham Asylum first? I'm wondering if I should purchase it, but I already bought Batman: AC

Crazy, but I have yet to make a single purchase with this steam sale. The one game I was tempted to purchase was one of the X3 expansions, but I was surprised to see that I already had in a previous sale. There just isn't anything that's been grabbing my attention. Hopefully something else pops up, otherwise Renegade Ops via Amazon and Anno 2070 via GMG will be my only digital purchases this winter.

Picked up Alice today. Loved the first ages ago. Been waiting for it to drop below ten bucks.

now I feel some pressure; I hope my suggestion lives up to your expectations. Let me know if you wantto play some time, steam name "manofthem"

Lol I will add ya...even though swtor is taken all my time lately and just got uncharted 3 for christmas...so might be awhile :p

How close is "dungeons steam edition" to the old game dungeon keeper 1 & 2?

Its not.

Seriously, you're penalized if you make things too hard on the heroes, you need to build them up then when they feel "satisified" then kill them

Is Batman on the PC good, or is it obviously a console port? $5 seems pretty cheap for a game that got a ton of buzz not that long ago.

Is Batman on the PC good, or is it obviously a console port? $5 seems pretty cheap for a game that got a ton of buzz not that long ago.

No it's pretty PC intensive. It supports surround and Physx. It can chew up a PC. It being a platformer however means its probably easier with a gamepad.

No it's pretty PC intensive. It supports surround and Physx. It can chew up a PC. It being a platformer however means its probably easier with a gamepad.
chew up a pc? the first Batman game is not very demanding at all. and its not what I consider a real platform game either. at least not what I think of when I hear the term.

Last edited:
chew up a pc? the first Batman game is not very demanding at all. and its not what I consider a real platform game either. at least not what I think of when I hear the term.

If you cranked up everything on a multi-monitor rig with 3D and PhysX, yeh, it could easily kill a rig.

It is fantastic on the PC. I played is in 3D Surround, it's just amazing when played liked that.

If you cranked up everything on a multi-monitor rig with 3D and PhysX, yeh, it could easily kill a rig.
well practically ANY modern game will do that with those conditions. the game itself, even with physx on(for nvidia users) is not all that demanding. a gtx570 can get 100fps in the bench on all very high settings, 4x AA and high physx at 1920x1080.

well practically ANY modern game will do that with those conditions. the game itself, even with physx on(for nvidia users) is not all that demanding. a gtx570 can get 100fps in the bench on all very high settings, 4x AA and high physx at 1920x1080.

You're correct but to me this what we should want in games. Games that scale with power and capabilities of the hardware and still look and good and play well on lowest systems.

I like the sound of that. I've got a GTX570 and only run one monitor at 1920x1200.

It's a fantastic game. However, I'm not sure how much of my enjoyment came from game play and how much came from the voice acting. The WB batman animated series was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid so playing as batman voiced by Kevin Conroy against the joker voiced by Mark Hamill just makes me so happy that I can't help but smile. It's also one of the few games where Physx effects are actually very present.

Back