Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Vote for revelations people!

Scratching my head over this one...

What's to be confused about? The base game is $9.99 and the DLC pack is $7.49. Look at that list again carefully, it's not saying that it comes with the base game.

What's to be confused about? The base game is $9.99 and the DLC pack is $7.49. Look at that list again carefully, it's not saying that it comes with the base game.

Yeah I jumped the gun on that one :p

Hoard and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade are the new flash deals. End in approximately 6 and 8 hours.

SSFIV? Bleh, blocked here thanks to shitty GaWFuL. That explains why there's a box with the label "Game is not available in your region."

I picked up Grimrock yesterday and its fucking terrible. Apparently the hype machine lowered the bar to new lows (wow 4 people made this indie game that reminds us of Dungeon Master lets blow it repeatedly all over the net!!!!!!!!!!!), because this is one time where the user Meta is way, way, WAY off. As a massive fan of old school PC dungeon crawlers this game was an even more massive disappointment. It's not even passable, it's bad.

Anybody have a solution to the "Please enter a state or province" thing on the mobile app? Missed out on DXHR yesterday because of it, and I'm going to miss out on Super Street Fighter 4 if I can't get it figured out =/

STEAM is killing me... I'm still on BF3 honeymoon. The only game I play for the last months in my limited playing time. Like you guys I have still a backlog of games from last year's steam summer sale... LOL...

I almost bought SR3, but I haven't played GTAIV yet... LOL, so I figured I'll pick it up at later date.

However I couldn't resist and I picked up Trine 2. Now I'm going to vote for Brink, don't care about other 2 games... Is Brink any decent FPS SP worth $5 if it wins?

Brink was utterly worthless, dont even bother.

Which community choice game is everyone trying to get this round? I don't have any of them, so I'll vote with the majority I guess. Darksiders II looks intriguing though.

+1. This is a last day purchase for me if Skyrim doesn't go on sale...

ugh...the only games in the bethesda pack worth clicking on are fallout and skyrim...

The THQ pack seems to be where it's at...

Metro 2033
Darksiders
Dawn of war 2 series
space marine
SR3

just to name the ones I like... If I didn't own most of the games in that pack I would be on it like a wallet on a steam sale :cool:

thanks for brink wanring :)

I pulled the trigger on SSFIV... I hope I'll be able to use ps2 controller for it ...

Anybody have a solution to the "Please enter a state or province" thing on the mobile app? Missed out on DXHR yesterday because of it, and I'm going to miss out on Super Street Fighter 4 if I can't get it figured out =/

Don't think I ever ran into that issue on my Android phone; Do you already have the Steam app on your computer?

Is 66% off Rage all we're going to get? That's still like $10...hmm.

If you're thinking of playing for the "co-op", pass. It's barely passable for co-op. Personally, I'm a big fan of id software, but this game was a bit of a letdown IMO; it really just didn't do it for me.

I too will probably vote with the majority as well. AC:R would likely be my pick, but being that I still need to play the second and finish DX:HR, it'll be a while before I get to it anyway.

Don't think I ever ran into that issue on my Android phone; Do you already have the Steam app on your computer?

I do, but I'm at work, so my phone is all I've got for the next 7+ hours. Google doesn't seem to have an answer either. It would appear I'm missing some sort of drop down box, but I've reloaded the page and still nothing.

ugh...the only games in the bethesda pack worth clicking on are fallout and skyrim...

The THQ pack seems to be where it's at...

Metro 2033
Darksiders
Dawn of war 2 series
space marine
SR3

just to name the ones I like... If I didn't own most of the games in that pack I would be on it like a wallet on a steam sale :cool:
The THQ collections contains the original Company of Heroes (+DLC) also. Definitely a collection to think about.

I have SSFIV on my wishlist, but I was really hoping it would be <$5... don't think I'll be biting for $10

Also, how big of a time commitment will I need to have fun and be even slightly competitive in online multiplayer?

I bought brink when it was $60 - played it for 10-20 hours (through their craptastic system) I may have played with 5-10 real players during that time.

They overshot - it wasnt a game for me (or most) I believe there are a total of 16 servers in the area of the US I'm in.

Exactly. But skyrim is 40 and and fallout is 11 without the DLC. So if there is no deal on skyrim then on the last day ill pick up the pack.

I do, but I'm at work, so my phone is all I've got for the next 7+ hours. Google doesn't seem to have an answer either. It would appear I'm missing some sort of drop down box, but I've reloaded the page and still nothing.

Ahh. I wanted to see if it was due to a setting you hadn't set in Steam yet (ie. fix it in Steam and the app won't prompt you for it). Worst case, paypal me the $ and I'll gift it to ya. I just installed the Steam app on my phone and it works alright; haven't purchased anything through it yet though.

In for 2 copies of Trine 2 (when it was $3.74). One for me and one for the fiancee. Gaming holiday this weekend methinks.

Which community choice game is everyone trying to get this round? I don't have any of them, so I'll vote with the majority I guess. Darksiders II looks intriguing though.

Yes it does, but that's Darkness II not Darksiders. It confused me for a second too. Personally I say vote for AC Rev, but it's the only one of the games I don't own.

Can't you just log in to steam through the web browser as opposed to the app and buy that way?

Can't you just log in to steam through the web browser as opposed to the app and buy that way?

Possibly not; his work might be blocking the website, whereas his phone uses a cellular connection (not his works connection).

Possibly not; his work might be blocking the website, whereas his phone uses a cellular connection (not his works connection).

That's what I mean. Instead of launching the app, use the phone's web browser and go to Steampowered.com and buy through the site.

Hoard and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade are the new flash deals. End in approximately 6 and 8 hours.

SSFIV? Bleh, blocked here thanks to shitty GaWFuL. That explains why there's a box with the label "Game is not available in your region."

Man, that's so weird, SFIV is still the only title I've ever seen on Steam that's blocked for my region/location (Puerto Rico...). Doesn't even show up on the flash deal box (it says blocked), only reason I know it's SFIV is because you've mentioned it...

I first noticed it a week or two ago after seeing it on sale at Gamespot for $9.99, what's it going for now, same? Oddly enough I can see SF x Tekken, makes no sense. (apparently that one got worse reviews too)

The THQ collections contains the original Company of Heroes (+DLC) also. Definitely a collection to think about.

Yah, if I didn't already have CoH and Metro I'd probably pick it up for SR3, TQ, STALKER, and the WH games... None of those interest me a ton but it still seems like a good value. I'll probably pick up Darksiders for $5 tho, doesn't look like it was a super hit on consoles but it seems well liked here...

I voted Rage for this pick. I never played it but people said they fixed some of the issues with the game since it's awful release so I'd be OK with picking it up at that price.

Ahh, probably can't do that either. That's much too easy.

I've bought games on Steam's site from my phone/tablet just fine (both Android, stock browser, Gingerbread & ICS), I've yet to install the app tho I probably should. I think one day I had trouble getting it to accept Paypal payment (the pop-up window/tab wouldn't authenticate back to the main one) so I just had to use the CC I had on file. Other than that it should work though.

Back