Steam: Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition 66% off - $13.60

got this during crazysale this summer. having seen/played it now, i can say its totally worth it if you enjoy beatemups, like, at all. it has neat gameplay mechanics and a decent combo system too!

Awesome game. I keep it installed on my hdd at all times. Love the challenges.
PhysX is superb with a dedicated card. Graphics are great for using Unreal 3. One of the best examples of its ability to look & perform.
Buy it if you don't have it yet.

Man, i bought this game during Steam's holiday sale last year and STILL haven't played it! I hate travelling for work...

Good game, incredibly lame DRM system of activations and deactivations, it uses GFWL so prepare for that headache. I've lost all my savegames twice since I bought it last Christmas... overall still an excellent console-style action game.

Same. So much for feeling good about getting the game for half off!

I bought it during the holiday sale when it was $50 for a pack of something like a dozen or so games. I don't think I had any of the games at all, so $4/game for titles like Batman was an unbelievable deal.

Not sure how Steam can ever out do what they did last Xmas... But to think that Halloween and Thanksgiving are almost here, and they (and/or D2D) had deals at both of those times...

I expect Amnesia might be $9.99 here next weekend for some Halloween deal...

Good game, incredibly lame DRM system of activations and deactivations, it uses GFWL so prepare for that headache. I've lost all my savegames twice since I bought it last Christmas... overall still an excellent console-style action game.

Gotta backup your saves bro. :)

Anyways great game.. Worth every penny.

I already own this game, but I'd get it again through Steam if it didn't have that lame 4 machine activation limit. :(

Great game, though!

I already own this game, but I'd get it again through Steam if it didn't have that lame 4 machine activation limit. :(

Great game, though!

The 4 machine activation limit is reset every month. I doubt you will ever meet that requirement ever.. Also the GOTY edition doesn't come with a revoke tool which means there is no limits. They have to provide a revoke tool for all limited games.. Thats why the original comes with one.

I barely started playing this. Is this better with a controller?

Yes. I started with keyboard/mouse, but enjoyed it much more with a controller. It's GFWL so all the on screen stuff changes to xbox buttons if you go with a 360 controller.

Also, I liked this game a lot, although some of the boss fights were better than others.

I finished it with the mouse. Never felt the need to break out the dual shock
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

It is as good a superhero action game as I have ever played. Consolish fighting but reall cool environments and characters. Well done. Pretty much like a fighting comic book. Well worth $14.

It's easily worth 14 dollars, that's the point here. You will be hard pressed to find a better superhero beat'em'up. It has some neat riddler puzzles to find if you're into that kind of thing (irrelevant to the plot usually, but cool). It's extremely linear and the combat system is awesome 50% of the time and totally maddening the other 50% (I can't stand the dynamic camera movement in combat, it always throws off my combos, and the combat system has other minor issues due to console design limitations) but still... really good game overall.

Very awesome game, but I won't be getting this as I already beat it on PS3.

I'll add it to my Steam collection when the Eidos Pack goes on sale.

Such an excellent game, one of the absolute best from last year. Nobody has an excuse to ignore it when its just $13. :)

Understood. Good news is, laptops with respectable gpus are getting cheaper.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I barely started playing this. Is this better with a controller?
The combat is all about mashing buttons and the graphics are incredibly immersive so I really enjoyed the visceral and corporal feeling of using a controller for this game.

Not only was this better with a controller, in my opinion, but it's the best PC game that uses a controller and an excellent example of a PC game that *should* be played with a controller.

Just bought it, and played for a day...you guys are right about the mouse...wow.....kind of clunky. I need to find my windows controller, and try that.

.q

Thanks for sharing! Just pressed the button on this one, cant wait to play this on the 6870 :D

oh btw its 17 EUR in Europe ...a little unfair from $14 in the US. Still a good deal.

In for $13 bucks. Played it when it was released on the PS3. Damn glad to get the GOTY on the pc.

Anything that can CUDA seems to work fine provided it has a reasonable amount of shaders (last time I messed with physx I used a GTS 250 in a PCIE 1x slot and it worked just fine). Batman AA is one of the few games that has any significant visual benefit from PhysX for people that love eye candy. I might have to install a spare GTX for when I restart this game to beat it (lost my saves, remember).

Picked this up for my son and he's at 40% completion playing on an almost 3 year old t7500 core 2 laptop with an 8600gt. 1280x800 res. Great game for the price.

Picked this up a few days ago, up till now been doing only renders on my workstation; fun to push some other kinds of pixels around :)

would have picked this up... but after seeing all the cool fog and clothing effects added, not sure itll be as fun without phyisx one downside to itx... one gpu and its an ati : (

would have picked this up... but after seeing all the cool fog and clothing effects added, not sure itll be as fun without phyisx one downside to itx... one gpu and its an ati : (
The PhysX effects are just minor graphical additions. The game is just as fun without them.

yeah I wouldn't let that dissuade you from purchasing. the physx effects were cool for sure, but the game will still be well worth the price imho

Back