Steam: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition $8

I kinda agree after both buying and playing it today.

I played on easy, both blitz and classic and continually watched my players fail rolls for simple tasks.

Someone just remake Mutant League Football damnit!

I didn't really elaborate on why my experience sucked. But, I was swayed by the promo video not knowing it was a table top'ish' game. I enjoy table top warhammer, but, at the same time this felt a little out of whack, like rolling and as soon as rolling not being able to position quick enough or the positioning of pawns was off so that even if you thought they were setup accurately to stop the offense/defense it was a setup for fail every time.

In one game I had 2 instances where I only needed a 2 or more to complete a simple dodge... rolled a one, then another one on the reroll, both times. Are you kidding me? The odds of that are roughly 0.08%

Game seems like it would be fun with real dice. I wish there was an option to substitute real dice rolls for the computer-generated rolls in this game, like I can in a Backgammon game I have.

Is there a point to getting ultimate edition if you already have the dark elves edition?

The die rolls seem pretty rigged against you when playing against the computer controlled team.

Is there a point to getting ultimate edition if you already have the dark elves edition?
It has twice as many teams, and is closer to the latest board game rules for Blood Bowl. I think more people are playing the newer edition now, and leagues have been improved.

The die rolls seem pretty rigged against you when playing against the computer controlled team.
Perceptual bias. The dice rolls are random, more random than the cheap dice most people game with.

I didn't really elaborate on why my experience sucked. But, I was swayed by the promo video not knowing it was a table top'ish' game. I enjoy table top warhammer, but, at the same time this felt a little out of whack, like rolling and as soon as rolling not being able to position quick enough or the positioning of pawns was off so that even if you thought they were setup accurately to stop the offense/defense it was a setup for fail every time.

The game is really only good in the turn based mode, like the board game. The tacked on real time mode sucks.

If you are having problems understanding the game check out the Strategy and Tactics section of their forums. Download the latest board game rules, also a pdf called the Art of Blocking.

You want to prioritize what you do based on risk. Typically you want to do all your movement that doesn't take any rolls first. Make easy 2 dice blocks next. Then take actions that you have skills that give you a re-roll for, and lastly take more risky actions.

Start with the good teams; they aren't all equal. Teams like Halflings, Goblins, Vampires, and Ogre teams are all underdog teams if you want more of a challenge.

I also enjoy table-top war hammer (40k) and I love the dawn of war series, but I just couldn't get into the computer version of blood bowl.

Play through story mode first. READ THAT AGAIN.

Trying to learn by just picking up a game is incredibly frustrating and will not be enjoyable. Preferably have a friend teach you to play.

Best enjoyed in multiplayer.

Back