Steam - Escape From Monkey Island $4.99

Damn...I still need to buy KoTOR and the StarWars pack and then you have to throw this up. Looks like I'll be out another $35 by Sunday!

Yes, this is the remake with new art assets and voice acting.

The title is a little misleading. Escape from Monkey Island is the 4th in the series. This seems to just be a remake of the first game. Either way, all of them are fantastic, and it's nice to be able to play this without having to use that stupid wheel to put in the right codes.

"Take that feeble cannon restraint rope" - Guybrush Threepwood

I hope they remake Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. That was probably my favorite computer game from back in the day.

I think I favor the old graphics for some for it, at least of the governor. But voice acting... hmmmm, tempted to get this for someone for old time's sake.

I think I favor the old graphics for some for it, at least of the governor. But voice acting... hmmmm, tempted to get this for someone for old time's sake.

Well you do know you can switch between the new and old graphics in real time, right? :)

Well you do know you can switch between the new and old graphics in real time, right? :)

Nice, but did the voice acting bother anyone? I tried a demo of the new Monkey series on Steam, the voice acting just rubbed me the wrong way, and I the game felt overly childish with none of the usuall Monkey Island humor.

Wicked deal. I like how the intro started out with old graphics and fade into the new in its full hi-res, widescreen, shiny 3d water glory.

I'd love i it if they remade the second. Loom wouldn't be bad either. That game had character.

I find myself switching back and forth (F10) to see what it looked like the first time around.

Back