[Steam] Rockstar Week Sale

Man, these short sales are sucky. We don't know when these sales will go live and they, atleast living up to their name, are too short to even bite when we want. With that said, I missed Manhunt @ $2.49, which ended at 10 PM PST. I hope they do something epic, like an all day short sale on the last day, for all the people who missed/misses out.

This is going to be a difficult package to resist buying. What a great deal for so many awesome games. :D

Great deal. My backlog just grew bigger. The only duplicate games I have were Max Payne series.

GTA4 is $7.50 'til 1pm PT.

Maybe someone suggested two hours is too short, so they made it... THREE hours!

I swear they are going to have the Episodes of LC at like 1 am for about an hour.

EDIT: Keeping an eye out for some friends who just want the Episodes.

GTA4 is $7.50 'til 1pm PT.

Maybe someone suggested two hours is too short, so they made it... THREE hours!

Yeah probably from seeing the manhunt threads at steampowered, lol. People were raging.

I'm gonna get gta4. Since I'll probably need it on steam in order to play the LC episodes on steam.

As much as I hate using it, I think Twitter would actually be nice for these short sales. For people away from a pc or laptop but have their smart phones with them all the time

Last edited:
As far as I know you don't need GTA IV to play Episodes of LC, they are stand alone with their own multiplayer. All they did was update GTA IV to remove the requirement to run Social Club and only xbox 360 controller support.

bah too bad they didnt split out San Andreas as a stand alone

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rockstargames_group

Join this group on Steam and you'll receive pop-up notifications about the short sales.

Yeah. I joined it yesterday. But, my point is that people who are away from Steam, via a desktop or laptop are unaware of the deal, or might find out when it is too late. So if Valve had an official twitter, they could create tweets the moment these short deals are live and people with their phones would get the tweet, launch their browser into the steam store and buy the game. Then again looking from Valve's stand-point, they're probably trying to push out the bundle more. So making these short, 2-3 hour long deals not as accessible hypes people up. With no disclosure of when these short deals are gonna pop up, makes people want to stay on Steam all day, or atleast check it more often. The payoff is some very very good deals.

Yeah. I joined it yesterday. But, my point is that people who are away from Steam, via a desktop or laptop are unaware of the deal, or might find out when it is too late. So if Valve had an official twitter, they could create tweets the moment these short deals are live and people with their phones would get the tweet, launch their browser into the steam store and buy the game. Then again looking from Valve's stand-point, they're probably trying to push out the bundle more. So making these short, 2-3 hour long deals not as accessible hypes people up. With no disclosure of when these short deals are gonna pop up, makes people want to stay on Steam all day, or atleast check it more often. The payoff is some very very good deals.
There's a steam group for the sale and one can subscribe to the RSS feed to receive the sale updates.

haha, awesome. The only GTA game I didn't have on steam was 3, and I just happened to see the deal 1 minute before it expired. CC info on store FTW. :p

Missed 3. :(
I hope they recap this sheist on the LAST DAY like they did at Christmas.

i'm always so bummed everytime there's a rockstar sale because steam won't sell those games to my time zone. =p

I missed all of these because of school. :(

The Rockstar package is still up for $42.49.

I already have all the GTAs on PS2/360, but I wanted them on PC too so I don't have to dig out my PS2 for the old ones and the extra people on multiplayer on PC. Also since it's attached to my Live account I can work on my left over achievements on PC. Hopefully my 285s are good enough to max out GTA4, I've read it's a pretty demanding game. Anyone know what I should be capable of running it at (res is 1920x1200) with rig in sig?

Also, are the Manhunt and Max Payne games best played with KB&M?

Thanks for the post OP!

haha, awesome. The only GTA game I didn't have on steam was 3, and I just happened to see the deal 1 minute before it expired. CC info on store FTW. :p

I'm always terrified someone will guess (1 in 1000 for one guess and 1 in 100 for 10 guesses) or somehow figure out the 3-digit number and just be able to run wild with like multiple purchases of publisher bundles to some temporary e-mail.

Last edited:
I use my paypal debit card for Steam, so if anything went nutso, I'd have a day or two to move my bank account. :)

This deal is up pretty early!

Hmm Bully is on sale for 4 hours, the short deals seem last longer as the days go by.

Damn - missed it. I can't imagine paying $30 for this. Graphics are dated and the game is pretty long in the tooth. I imagine it's $30 only because it's rockstar's third most recent game or something...

Wonder how many people are gonna be pissed they missed Episodes?

Meh, I have strange friends not so into the whole nostalgia thing and only want Episodes. I went for the whole deal.

GTA Classics 75% off until 4PM PST

$7.49

Includes GTA 1, 2, 3, San Andreas, and Vice City

I was waiting for San Andreas, but this is definitely a good deal.

The Rockstar package is still up for $42.49.

I already have all the GTAs on PS2/360, but I wanted them on PC too so I don't have to dig out my PS2 for the old ones and the extra people on multiplayer on PC. Also since it's attached to my Live account I can work on my left over achievements on PC. Hopefully my 285s are good enough to max out GTA4, I've read it's a pretty demanding game. Anyone know what I should be capable of running it at (res is 1920x1200) with rig in sig?

Also, are the Manhunt and Max Payne games best played with KB&M?

Thanks for the post OP!

I thought it was a one day deal. :eek:

Just bought the collection. Never played any of the Grand Theft Auto's or Rockstar games in general.

I've seen oldies pics of GTA4 in Eyefinity...Anybody know if all the other GTA/Rockstar games will work in Eyefinity? (OT sorry).

GTA Classics 75% off until 4PM PST

$7.49

Includes GTA 1, 2, 3, San Andreas, and Vice City

I was waiting for San Andreas, but this is definitely a good deal.
Yeah, I just grabbed it too. I missed the Vice City deal but unfortunately picked up 3, effectively making the package $10 which was still quite a deal. I never finished Vice City - now I will get a chance to.

I hate it when they release a "package" after selling a game in it for $2.50, thus making the package purchase pointless. Having to gamble on getting it then, or waiting for another deal is retarded.

Only logical to assume since GTA 1 and 2 aren't available separately and I am willing to bet that the GTA complete collection will go on sale before this sale is over.

I hate it when they release a "package" after selling a game in it for $2.50, thus making the package purchase pointless. Having to gamble on getting it then, or waiting for another deal is retarded.

I completely agree. If you managed to get in on GTA: Vice City @ $2.50 and GTA 3 @ $2.49 the day before yesterday and yesterday then today's "GTA Classics Pack" deal which includes the following games for $7.49 is nothing short of a slap to the face courtesy of Valve and Rockstar.

Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Almost pulled the trigger on this deal when I realized; I've beaten every one of those games. xD

San Andreas was damn fun though...Might have to pick that one up just for kicks

Back