Steam Sale...Jeebus!!!

Braid owns great puzzle game just pick it up :D
I'm still hoping to see Street Fighter 4, Crysis on sale, wanted to pick up Riddick but the Tages protection has kept me from buying it :(

Damn :( Remember hearing it was a good game on xbox, but if the port blows I'll pass.

Jade Empire is fine on the PC. Sure, the menus are a bit consolized but you can use the mouse in them anyways so it doesn't do much. The camera is a bit limited as you cannot pan all the way up and down but it is fine since the controls are fluid.

Damn, I just bought "King Arthur The Roleplaying Game" for $40, and now it's on sale for 50% off. The lesson that I've learned this year is not to buy any titles around Christmas time at the regular price, because if you wait just a few more weeks it's likely that your game will go on sale. I wish I had known about this Steam sale a month ago. :(

I enjoyed Jade Empire (on PC), certainly worth the $3.75 if it was already on your radar.

Edit: I was using a controller though, controls took a little getting used to but kinda fun in the end.

I enjoyed Jade Empire (on PC), certainly worth the $3.75 if it was already on your radar.

Edit: I was using a controller though, controls took a little getting used to but kinda fun in the end.

Yes, the 360 controller was very odd with this game, but I got used to it pretty quickly. You had to move your character forward by pressing the triggers, as though you were driving a car. But really, it's a great game - and on the PC it still looks great, unlike on the console.

PC gamers win again.

I bought two from steam.

Jade Empire 3.75 USD
Silent Hill: Homecoming 9.99 USD
Subtotal 13.74 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 13.74 USD

That is odd, I certainly don't recall having to press a button to move forward. My gamepad had 2 analog sticks, I think one was for movement and other for camera. I think d-pad for was switching weapons, etc, and triggers for targets... combat was kind of fun once I got the hang of switching targets. But now I'm rambling..

Didn't read through the long thread, but just in case this wasn't posted:

Braid for $2.49 !!!!!! :eek:

Damn, I just bought "King Arthur The Roleplaying Game" for $40, and now it's on sale for 50% off. The lesson that I've learned this year is not to buy any titles around Christmas time at the regular price, because if you wait just a few more weeks it's likely that your game will go on sale. I wish I had known about this Steam sale a month ago. :(

You are not the only one. I though I was getting a good deal buying King's Bounty Armored Princess for $26.99, but then it went on sale for $9.99 (I think) a few days later. I've done that when buying software at Fry's, only to realize I could've got a much better deal from Steam (CoH was one example).

Just bought Jade Empire, my friend said it is good for PC
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I just grabbed both Max Paine games and the civ4 sales pointed me to the civ4 complete pack which I'm also gonna get. Not too bad, for me.

I'm also getting great download speeds right now which is quite a difference from earlier in the sale.

Last edited:
I just grabbed both Max Paine games

You bought the MP bundle, right? It's a little cheaper than buying them individually (but even that that price they are terrific games so I wouldn't feel too bad if you missed it).

Dammit...I had just purchased Osmos for $9.99 and CIV4 (original) for $19.99 like a week ago and now they have Osmos for $1.99 and CIV4 (complete) for $13.59! fffffuuuuuuuuuuu

What would happen if I bought the CIV4 complete edition when I already have the original? Can I gift my original game to someone else?

Both Max Payne's are worth the $3.74........think I'll try the Osmos for $1.99 too. There's mods still out there for Max Payne(2)....to extend your game time. I remember a friend had done a cheat to play as any character in the game.....there was even a nude of the chick.:D

Very nice deal on Civ 4! For anyone picking it up, I strongly suggest getting Beyond The Sword right away to go with it. I enjoyed it a lot more with BTS, it expands the game a ton and makes some nice changes.

Dammit...I had just purchased Osmos for $9.99 and CIV4 (original) for $19.99 like a week ago and now they have Osmos for $1.99 and CIV4 (complete) for $13.59! fffffuuuuuuuuuuu

What would happen if I bought the CIV4 complete edition when I already have the original? Can I gift my original game to someone else?

No, this is a pretty shitty part of these deals/bundles-- since you already own a game thats in the bundle, you wont get additional copies that you can gift out, unfortunately.

You bought osmos for 10$? I bought it for 2 bucks in the halloween sale

13.59 deal is gone. I looks like steam is screwing around again.

The only game I bought that wasn't on the daily deals so far was Dawn of War 2, so I'll be pissed if that pops up. Is no other day going to top the first day of deals?

You bought osmos for 10$? I bought it for 2 bucks in the halloween sale

Yup :(. Got it the first day this crazy sale started along with a billion other games. Oh well, if this keeps up there isn't going to be anything left to buy come Jan. 3rd!

Novalogic? Anyone spring for the pack or single game?

Reason I ask is I have Land Warrior sitting here on the desk and can't remember why I never finished it :eek: It might have been the save system, or crashes or maybe I reformated and just forgot about it. After trying Project: Snowblind on my gtx275 and having nothing but trouble I'm a little concerned about older games on newer hardware.

I guess another option would be to hook up one of my retro rigs, meh :D

i will wait until the last day , but im watching the rollercoaster tycoon 3 platinum edition for 10$

Back