Steam - Ubisoft Week - May 23->30

thanks alot.....now i have RUSE......finally dropped to a price i could justify(atleast to my brain) paying :D

Trackmania!?!???!?

Come on! Sam Fisher is calling out to be sold for less than $10 bucks!

you guys didnt play trackmania i guess...

infinite numbers of tracks , great multiplayer , lots of support.

I played the free version and it's fun, but I expected more from a Steam sale. I'm saying nothing bad about Trackmania, just disappointed in the selection of games from Ubisoft's library that's going on sale.

I like Trackmania but there's no way it's still worth 10 bucks. The game has been out like 7 or 8 years in various "Gold" "Star" "United" "Alliance" "Etc" editions. Forget it... for 2.50 or 5 bucks maybe. No sale.

I like Trackmania but there's no way it's still worth 10 bucks. The game has been out like 7 or 8 years in various "Gold" "Star" "United" "Alliance" "Etc" editions. Forget it... for 2.50 or 5 bucks maybe. No sale.

+1. Call me when it's $2.50

I bought the POP pack, my backlog of games is ever increasing, hate steam....wonder whats next?

Whats the difference with this version of trackmania, and the free one?

it has more modes. different types of vehicles and LOTS more tracks.

its totally worth the $10 even though its been out for a few years already. the online community is huge and there are so many good tracks to be found.

it has more modes. different types of vehicles and LOTS more tracks.

its totally worth the $10 even though its been out for a few years already. the online community is huge and there are so many good tracks to be found.

You didn't mention that the actual racing action feels like the cheapest Valusoft bargain bin title, the multiplayer solely consists of racing each other against the clock (ghost cars that can't even touch each other, unless they changed something in the most recent version), an editor that can do everything but is great at nothing, and graphics from 2003. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but they've been repackaging it and gouging people for it for far too long. It's not worth 10 dollars in 2011. No way.

It's a racing game for people that spend hours in Garry's Mod or Minecraft. It's not a racing game for racing game fans.

So far I'm not feeling this sale. For once my wallet has stayed closed.

I got the main Ubisoft games i wanted a couple months back when they sold a combo of Creed, Vegas, Juarez, and a forth game i can't remember right now for around $12. I wanted to try out Creed and Juarez, so for that price it was a steal compared to what i've seen so far in this weeks sale.

I believe Trackmania 2 is due out this year so this one will probably fall to $10 or less anyway.

Far Cry 1 and 2 on sale today.

Both for $7.50 or
$2.50 for Far Cry 1
$5.00 for Fra Cry 2

Not sure if its worth it. I couldn't manage staying interested in the first one long enough to beat it. Never played 2.

I think I'll get 2 since it's cheaper than I think it's ever been (even though I know it's nowhere near as good as 1).

I was hoping they'd put both on sale for less than $10 combined; I'll probably pick them up later on today.

I've read that Far Cry 2 stresses gaming rigs and makes even the best rigs break out a sweat. Is that really the case?

I've read that Far Cry 2 stresses gaming rigs and makes even the best rigs break out a sweat. Is that really the case?

I guess if you want to pay $5 for it as a stress test. As a game, I thought it sucked. The first was much better.

farcry 2 has nice graphics and good aesthetics, but I don't remember it bringing my rig to its knees in the same way as say crysis.

the game is a total turd. Its nothing like farcry. All you do is drive/run through africa and run into the same respawning dudes at checkpoints over and over again. And go on lame missions to "go here, shoot this, then come back and get the same mission".

I'll have to go check the GOG.com FarCry page to see if there are any mods worth using. They usually have some nice updates / mods / unofficial patches for games in their catalogue. Might make this worth another play through!

Ubisoft Week over at Steam!

Wednesday:

I'm so pissed right now, i just bought this game saturday for 40 bux... And now its for 10. :mad:

When i saw this i opened a steam question ticket, because i really felt cheated... And so far im getting nothing but a big F U from steam....

I have over 110 games in steam too... Least they could do is throw me a bone.

I'm so pissed right now, i just bought this game saturday for 40 bux... And now its for 10. :mad:

When i saw this i opened a steam question ticket, because i really felt cheated... And so far im getting nothing but a big F U from steam....

I have over 110 games in steam too... Least they could do is throw me a bone.
You must have thought it was worth your $40 at the time of purchase. I don't understand your gripe. 'Steam' probably doesn't either.

FarCry 2 is worth 5 bucks. It wasn't the epic title it was hyped to be for sure but it's more than worth 5 bucks.

No stupid monsters. An actual story and pretty good shooter play.

For someone that has never played either FarCry you would recommend to buy at least the first one?

You must have thought it was worth your $40 at the time of purchase. I don't understand your gripe. 'Steam' probably doesn't either.
it was worth it worth it when i got sent home sick for the day and i wanted to play some trackmania on my big screen, and after a few races the stupid FreeZone advertising came on...

I loved Far Cry 2. I know some of you don't. I had loads of fun with it on infamous level with a single-shot sniper and a .45 (and machete).

If you can limit yourself to a few simple weapons (and not the whole arsenal) and play the hardest level... win the game that way, it's lots of fun IMO. You have to do a lot of running and flanking and hiding...need to strategize more. It's all in how you play it. :D

In for FC and FC2. Lost my FC DVD in my last move four years ago and never played FC2.

Hope tomorrow is Splinter Cell day!

I'll pick up both.... I have never finished FC1 :eek: and for $5 FC2 should be fun too ;)

Yes, I lost my dvd of FC1 too (it came free with my ex-athlon AMD CPU)

Both good games. FC2 haters will hate, but it was a good game regardless. Pushed our machines, was beautiful to look at, immersive and no stupid ass aliens. A bit repetitive, yes. It's worth more than $5.

FC2 is the most repetitive nonsensical consolized drollery imagineable. Even today Far Cry 1 holds up much, much better in every area except graphically.

For someone that has never played either FarCry you would recommend to buy at least the first one?
Far Cry is a must own for any fan of FPS. Far Cry 2 was Grand Theft Auto in the African Jungle and after about six hours of game play I uninstalled and gave away my physical copy of the game.

I'm in for Far Cry 1. For $2.50 I can ditch my physical disks and I'm sure that at some point I'll play the game again.

Back