Steam version of Final Fantasy VII

I'm in. Too much crap to read through (no coffee in system), any idea when it'll be out?

God damn it. Hm, while they're at it, they should get FF8 on there too, and then do a 9 for PC. That'd be great.

If it's a revamped edition with better graphics, I will be in line even if it cost 60$ !

I'd be definitely interested in this since I'd rather game on my PC than my PS3 (which I already own the downloaded copies of FF7, FF8 & FF Tactics).

wow, thats awesome! I hope this means that they also have an iOS port in the works.

*fingers crossed for high quality art/assets*

My guess is they will do nothing but make sure it runs on modern OSs, or they're registering it so nobody else does.

Shoot, they should start with FF7. Then go back and do FF4, FF6, FF8, FF9, and FF10. Those are the only FF games I play anyways.

they been porting their games to other stuff like android and iphones. most likely they are just adding some achievements and cloud saving and nothing else new.

No matter what is done to the graphics, the backgrounds will continue to be 320x240, unless SE is really thinking of updating everything, which they have stated would take forever and cost alot to do, so probably not. Will keep an eye on this one..... I still have my FF7PC in the box.

i really really want.

this was one of the first PC games i ever owned and i remember we had to buy a graphics card for it to work ( my dad was pissed )

the graphics card was like 32mb or something hilarious.

I like the graphics mods for the character models they're well done and it doesn't take anything away from the game.

i can deal with the low resolution.

I remember being a kid and trying to kill sephiroth...I was hella underleveled hahah like lvl 49

NNNNOOOOO

This game has stolen enough of my life........But If it comes out I'll play it gain.

Some times too much of a good thing is bad......I just re-re-re-re-passed Chrono Trigger on my iPhone as well.

Shoot, they should start with FF7.

I just have to ask: WTF is the difference between FF7 and FF VII? Isn't it both 7?!?!?! Unless I'm not getting some insider FF joke or you can't read roman numerals that is.

God damn it. Hm, while they're at it, they should get FF8 on there too, and then do a 9 for PC. That'd be great.

9 (and any PC release other than 7/8) is unlikely because there never was a PC version. :(

Though the most recent Final Fantasys (XIII/XIV) run on an engine capable of PC releases (XIV used it to start with)...

9 (and any PC release other than 7/8) is unlikely because there never was a PC version. :(

Though the most recent Final Fantasys (XIII/XIV) run on an engine capable of PC releases (XIV used it to start with)...

Yeah, should have went into a bit more detail. I don't understand why they did 7 and 8 for the PC, but no 9. I may be biased heavy, but 9 was my first FF, and I loved the shit out of it. I kind of went backwards to play them all (never played 1 or 2 though).

Yeah, should have went into a bit more detail. I don't understand why they did 7 and 8 for the PC, but no 9. I may be biased heavy, but 9 was my first FF, and I loved the shit out of it. I kind of went backwards to play them all (never played 1 or 2 though).

I've played all of them and I loved 9 more than 7. Tactics is still my favorite!

I still have my orginal playstation disc.

Tactics > ALL!!!!

Completely different games can't even really compare the two.....Both can be argued to be the best in their genre though.

I'd rather have FF7 because I just passed Tactics on iTelaPhone as it was re-re-released on that.

I don't think 7 or 8 were exactly massive sellers on the PC. It was also just before the PS2 released, so they might no have had the resources to spare with the other projects.

I did like 9 the best too! It felt the most polished (was definately the best looking of the PSone titles) and I prefer Amano's designs to Nomura's (more variation, and most of Nomura's good ones seem based on stuff Amano did...:D Amano also designed most of the early ones, does the title art and designed most the iconic creatures. etc. etc.).

1 and 2 are worth doing. 1 contains some of the reasons for some of the things in the FF universe like gil and cid, etc. 2 has a slightly grindy system (to get better at things you just have to keep doing them over and over, at least thats what I remember) but it's not bad. :D

I think this is related, but he is probably refering to a Full remake. Not sure if it has anything to do with this release.....

http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

During the Q&A session of the company's annual shareholder's briefing (transcribed here), Wada was asked the expected question about the much wanted remake. His response was something to the effect of, we'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds the quality of FFVII.

If you get the feeling that this statement belittles Square Enix's current development prowess, you're pretty much spot on. Wada admitted that at present, the company is not making Final Fantasy games that exceed the quality of FFVII. If they were to release a 7 remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with, he said.

Kinda a WTF moment. I guess he couldn't just come out and say at a shareholders meeting, "We don't know how to make good games anymore!", but he basically did.... I guess its never happening then.....

If they were to release a 7 remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with, he said.

but it IS done with at this point.

I don't know a single 'diehard' FF fan (IRL) that's liked any release since XII (and most didn't like that one all that much). Even though it sucked, I still gave Square a chance with XIII.... and after playing it for 2 hours, I wont be purchasing XIII-2 or any other future FF installments (that aren't remakes of course).

They've completely jumped the shark and took away everything that made FF so successful in the first place.

If they want to revive the series, they really need to take a long hard look at past games and try to emulate and build on those elements... no completely scrap them.

but it IS done with at this point.

I don't know a single 'diehard' FF fan (IRL) that's liked any release since XII (and most didn't like that one all that much). Even though it sucked, I still gave Square a chance with XIII.... and after playing it for 2 hours, I wont be purchasing XIII-2 or any other future FF installments (that aren't remakes of course).

They've completely jumped the shark and took away everything that made FF so successful in the first place.

If they want to revive the series, they really need to take a long hard look at past games and try to emulate and build on those elements... no completely scrap them.

they kind of went in a downhill direction @ FF-X

FF7 and FF8 have some of the best characters in games ever. except for the dumb dude in ff8 zedd i think his name is

i actually like FF-X quite a bit but man what a lame ass main character

FF7 and FF8 have some of the best characters in games ever. except for the dumb dude in ff8 zedd i think his name is

yeah, I agree. However, I'm still fond of X as it was the last game with a true turn-based battle system. You had complete control of the pacing, battles and charactors. Titus was a sissy though.

and while I can respect that you liked 8, that's another one that I really think they jumped the shark on. 9 on the other hand, I loved it. It's up there as one of my all time favorite FF titles.

FFX was fun, but I agree, the main character was kind of dumb. Wasn't it the first one of the series to introduce the idea of having your summons themselves fight? Really liked that concept

FFX was fun, but I agree, the main character was kind of dumb. Wasn't it the first one of the series to introduce the idea of having your summons themselves fight? Really liked that concept

That was FF8 I thought... could be wrong though. I know they definitely played a bigger role.

yeah, I agree. However, I'm still fond of X as it was the last game with a true turn-based battle system. You had complete control of the pacing, battles and charactors. Titus was a sissy though.

and while I can respect that you liked 8, that's another one that I really think they jumped the shark on. 9 on the other hand, I loved it. It's up there as one of my all time favorite FF titles.

9 is a good one; i just loooooved the idea of ff8.. the queen was such a bad ass to me.

That was FF8 I thought... could be wrong though. I know they definitely played a bigger role.

yeah ff8 was the first time summons were used not as just a single attack

Tidus gets a lot better as the game goes on. His changes are slow and subtle, like a real person would change overtime as they grow up. He's not the best lead in a FF game but his character arc is one of the better ones.

Tidus gets a lot better as the game goes on. His changes are slow and subtle, like a real person would change overtime as they grow up. He's not the best lead in a FF game but his character arc is one of the better ones.

I'd more equate him with Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Annoying as fuck, but not such a pussy.

Actually the real problem with Tidus was the voice actor they chose for the NA version. We got some annoying kid actor, while Tidus in the Japan version was voiced by the actor that does Kurosaki Ichigo in Bleach. A world of difference, I'd say it changed the character completely.

I'd more equate him with Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Annoying as fuck, but not such a pussy.

Actually the real problem with Tidus was the voice actor they chose for the NA version. We got some annoying kid actor, while Tidus in the Japan version was voiced by the actor that does Kurosaki Ichigo in Bleach. A world of difference, I'd say it changed the character completely.

Ugh Shinji. Actually ugh 99% of Eva's cast.

The English script wasn't so great either. A much less whiny sounding VA and a tighter script would have help a lot.

Back