Steam weekend deal: Torchlight for $5

great game for a while... totally worth $5. plays nice with eyefinity also.

Once you guys have played through, be sure to grab some mods for the game as they'll add quite a bit of replay value.

I'm still glad I got my copy for $2 :)

Great game. A cartoony Diablo clone with a crazy number of drops.

Well worth $5. Provided me a good week of fun.

^^^ yes - the drops in this game are indeed crazy. if you are a loot freak, this is the game for you. :)

Great game. Plays nice on the laptop too. Most of the time logged on that one were waiting at the airport or in a hotel.

Just bought it. I bought L4D2 the other day for 50% off, $24.99 I think that deal is still going on, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for posting this! Had been thinking about trying this one even before the great deal. Downloading now. :D

Thanks for posting this deal. Any suggestions on mods that I should use for my first play through?

bump

I bought 3 copies for friends, it's definitely a nice way to surprise your friends.

Hmph. Too many games from the holiday sale are now going back on sale at the holiday price.

With 300+ games in my Steam acct, I guess it's going to be a while before I buy a game off Steam again...

Hmph. Too many games from the holiday sale are now going back on sale at the holiday price.

With 300+ games in my Steam acct, I guess it's going to be a while before I buy a game off Steam again...

how many have you actually played? Just curious

Great deal. I snagged it when it was $20, and feel it was a good decision. $5 is a no-brainer.
However, once I finally realized that the game was just one town, and basically an endless multilevel dungeon... I lost interest. Wish it was more like a world exploration type game like Diablo.
Other than that, pretty doggone fun to play!

Great deal. I snagged it when it was $20, and feel it was a good decision. $5 is a no-brainer.
However, once I finally realized that the game was just one town, and basically an endless multilevel dungeon... I lost interest. Wish it was more like a world exploration type game like Diablo.
Other than that, pretty doggone fun to play!

If I recall the first Diablo was only a single town with a single multilevel dungeon. :confused:

how many have you actually played? Just curious

If you include the games that are 10+ years old (Doom, Quake, Unreal, HL1) maybe two or three dozen...

I currently have about two dozen installed. Of those, half have never even ever been played, (Batman, Mass Effect, others...)

FWIW: I finally got 'round to playing (and finishing) Portal. That's the newest Steam-tied game I've played. (And I played it over and over for a week or so 'til I tired of it, that's my style...)

(Far Cry 2's the newest not-necessarily-tied-to-Steam game I've played... I think I own three licenses to FC2, only one being Steam.)

No, I'm not sure why I buy 'em... Other than they're cheap and they justify my hardware purchases...?

Good deal I suppose, however after a few hours in the game keeps crashing for me. (no mods/cheats)

Buying this just for the Eyefinity fun when I get around to buying a 58xx card and 2 more monitors. lol

Torchlight is fun! But it does get repetitive since its just many many levels of dungeons that start looking the same. Multiplayer would really help out a game like this.

Only a hour into the game, but having fun so far. Definately worth $5!

Back