Steam Weekend deals- Endless Space and Darkness 2

Derangel

Fully [H]
Darkness 2 is 75% off to bring it down to $12.49 http://store.steampowered.com/app/67370/

Darkness 2 is a shooter. You have powers and a little imp minion thing. It's really fun. I haven't played a ton of it (got sidetracked by a bunch of other games) but at $12.50 it's a pretty good deal. The port is pretty good and the developers added an FOV option a little bit after the game launched.

Last edited:
darn...probably wouldn't have bought endless space if it was still on sale.

Hmmm Endless Space looks like it has potential as a 4x game, but that combat of "playing cards" rubs me the wrong way.

Hmmm Endless Space looks like it has potential as a 4x game, but that combat of "playing cards" rubs me the wrong way.

It's not really like a TCG. You pick three cards, one for each phase of the battle and it effects different stats of the ship. The enemy also picks three cards. Some cards will cancel another out giving either side an advantage for that phase. Beyond picking cards you just watch the battles happen. The ship-to-ship fights are kind of lacking, I really hope they eventually do something to liven them up. I don't mind not having direct control, but I do wish it was more than just the two fleets flying by each other.

Back